This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summoner Macroes,, Chenn take a look

Heres some tips for some good summoner macroes.
    A Ls mate asked about it and I wanted to post some

What I did was create various macroes for each summons on each ctrl or alt line

example
    ill have a shiva macro comprise one line and a ramuh line on one line.
    I also have a general summons macro that has all the summons on one line.
    The one that has them all is usable for one line attacks or enhancements.

for the control line example1-0
    most of my macroes are japanese so ill post them translated

ctrl1 (Attack macro)
    /p Defend me from the <bt> ATTACK!!
    /pet Assault <bt>
    /point <bt>

ctrl2 (release macro)
    /p Good job ...Return to the crystal..
    /bow <t>
    /Pet Release

Ctrl 3 (carby)
    /p From the depths of all things CUte I summon Carbunce!!
    /ma Carbuncle <me>
    /wait 9
    /Pet "poison Nails" <bt>
    /angry <bt>

Ctrl 4 Shiva
    /p Princess of Fei yin I summon you..SHIVA!!
    /ma Shiva <me>
    /wait 9
    /pet "Axe Kick" <bt>
    /wait 3
    /Fume <bt>

CTrl 4 Garuda
    /p Queen of the Air, Protect us with your winds..Garuda!!
    /ma Garuda <me>
    /wait 9
    /pet Aerial Armor <me>
    /wait 3
    /welcome Garuda

ctrl 5 ifrit
    /p Fire lord Ifrit I need you ....
    /ma Ifrit <me>
    /wait 9
    /Pet "Double Punch" <bt>
    /cheer Ifrit

ctrl6 Ramuh
    /p Thunder god Ramuh .light that ass up ^^
    /ma Ramuh <me>
    /wait 9
    /pet "ANY of ramuhs skills work good in this macro set up"
    /point <bt>

ctrl 7 titan
    /p From the buried lands I summon you ...TITAN!!
    /ma Titan <me>
    /wait 9
    /pet "Megalith Throw" <bt>
    /poke <bt>

Ctrl7 Leviathan
    /p From the Ocean Blue ...Leviathan
    /ma Leviathan <me>
    /wait 9
    /pet "Tail Whip" <bt>
    /slap <bt>

the utility sumoner ,acroes are the ones where each individual line macroes come in.
    so from ctrl or alt ill list 1 summons skills and abilities.

like shiva full line ctrl from 1-0
    then titan from alt 1-0.

Its time consuming but much worth it.
    Specially if you dont feel like scrolling through menus like crazy.

I invite all to post other sumons macro ideas to help .
    It's Official Promathia Hates me....
    それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
    Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
    A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Just posting the way I prefer my setup, and I'll even list why I do it this way... and yes I do only have Carbuncle so my list is set up predominately for him.

Control-1
    Pet Attack
    /p Combat Squirrel to the front, get that <t>
    /pet "Assault" <t>

Control-2
    Pet retreat
    /p Combat Squirrel fall back!
    /pet "Retreat" <me>

Control-3
    Poison Nail Attack
    /p Super secret squirrel super funky poison nail attack!
    /ja "Poison Nails" <t>

Control-4
    Healing Ruby
    /p Squirrel Medic!
    /ja "Healing Ruby" <st>

*note, the <st> command in a macro requires you to choose the target and then press enter. This allows you to choose which member of your party to heal during battle without stopping combat and retargeting someone for the heal.

Control-9
    Normal Hp/Mp/Tp group report
    /p My Hit points are at <hpp> (<hp>) ~ Tp:<tp> ~ Mp: <mpp> (<mp>)

Control-0
    Pet Release
    /p Combat Squirrel #505, back to the barracks!
    /pet "Release" <me>

*note, I prefer to keep the main attack commands and the release command as far seperate as possible. Worst thing you can do is accidentally get rid of your pet instead of using that special technique when you really need it.

Alt keys are all for summons, i.e. ~

Alt-1
    Summon Carbuncle
    /p Combat Squirrel #505, stand by for orders!
    /ma "Carbuncle" <me>

Alt-2
    Summon Wind Spirit
    /p Mighty winds heed my call
    /ma "Air Spirit" <me>

*note, highly recommend having one of your elemental spirits macroed like this. It is vitally important to be able to summon one of these quickly if you ever get ambushed by a mob. The few extra moments it takes you to open up and locate a spirit in your list of spells could mean your death, as opposed to quickly hitting your emergency "oh s**t" button, pulling out an elemental and then running for the zone as it takes the aggro off you. Saved my life dozens of times. I personally prefer wind as there is a chance it will cast "silence" on the mob before it dies, giving you that extra bit of leeway when facing a magic user.

Finally your training macro.
    Alt-9
    /ma "Wind Spirit"
    /wait 5
    /pet "Release" <me>
    /wait 6
    /tell <me> Ready to summon

This is the best way I have found to quickly build up your summoning skill. Just press once, wait for the message, then repeat.

Best of luck and good hunting to you all.

-Ileren
    LS: Combat Squirrel Brigade (CombatSquirrelBrgd)
    Alexander Server

Comment

Ileren,
      Instead of the /tell <me> command you can also use:

/echo Ready to summon

the /echo command says text that only you can see, so you dont mistake your personal /tell for a real one that someone else is sending you and ignoring it. i used /tell <me> alot before i was told about /echo.

I wish more people would use /echo command for timers so they dont clog /p chat with "Sneak Attack Ready" every minute.
      **Co-Founder of TheCynicalJadedBastardsWhoUsedToGiveAShitButRealizedThatGetsYouNowhereSoNowWeJustInsultPeopleAndCussALot**
      +302 lvls gained (not including the -20 for purposely deleveling BRD to 45)

If you havent played BST past 35, you havent played BST.

Comment

Well some people use things like Provoke Ready to let other know that their provoke is ready. I was under the assumption that kind of thing is useful to mages.

Comment

Well i was refering more to other skills...not so much provoke. But even with Provoke..knowing that its ready doesnt help a mage if the WAR doesnt use it. Ive played all jobs except MNK and with the WHM and BLM classes i rarley read anything in /p chat anymore cuz all the bullsh*t people spam in there with the "colorful spam". Even if i did see "Provoke Ready" or didnt see it, doesnt mean i can do my job any better. Tell me one situation where its needed and ill tell you why its not.

If a WAR needs to be Cure2'd/Cure3'd then he needs it...im not going to wait til i see "Provoke ready" to cast it cuz by that time it may be too late. And if you cant figure out that the BIG, GLOWING, RED/BLUEISH GREEN BALL coming out of the WAR is provoke going off, then you shouldnt be a mage.
          **Co-Founder of TheCynicalJadedBastardsWhoUsedToGiveAShitButRealizedThatGetsYouNowhereSoNowWeJustInsultPeopleAndCussALot**

Comment

The point I've heard tossed around a lot is that mages can hold back in between provoking actions. Once you know the war is about to provoke, you let loose with a few more nukes or heals than usual, because the pal or war will simply gain aggro back. Now I don't know how effective this is, seeing as I'm a melee and I haven't had enough higher level experience with players to see this in action. But, I have heard many mages talk about a tactic like that, which is why I posted it here.

Comment

Well I personally like the WAR or PLD having a "Provoke will be ready in 30 seconds!" macro or of some sort. If that /p line came up then 15 seconds after the mob used a WS but the mob was almost dead, I would cast Cure III because I know the WAR or PLD would get the hate back... then I could just sit down because the WAR or PLD would be almost at full HP after the Cure III.
              "From the void all things are born.
              To the void all things return."

-philosophy of the Walahra

Comment

Originally posted by tomfin10
                Well I personally like the WAR or PLD having a "Provoke will be ready in 30 seconds!" macro or of some sort. If that /p line came up then 15 seconds after the mob used a WS but the mob was almost dead, I would cast Cure III because I know the WAR or PLD would get the hate back... then I could just sit down because the WAR or PLD would be almost at full HP after the Cure III.
                Why not cast the Cure anyway? Youd rather wait to see that message and chance they die? If those vokers die, then youll probably die also...its a symbiotic relationship we all know...Mages need vokers, vokers need mages. Heal them and let them voke if it comes for you. Now at low levels i understand its not always easy for melees to keep aggro, but since 35+ i havent seen many PLDs have trouble keeping aggo, and if they do its mainly cuz they dont know WTF they are doing, not cuz mages are spamming heals/nukes to much.

Comment

Hey Xarddrax,

Thanks for the tip with /echo. I had heard there was a command like this but no one could actually tell me what it was. Going to be changing a couple of my macros to put it in to effect.
                  As far as the whole party messaging thing goes... well it works both ways. There are times that it is nice to know when the provoke is up and having <call> to help people time skillchains is really helpful. Then there are times when you get people who have to use a macro with boost... which means every 15 seconds you're getting another little bit of spam. Don't get me wrong, some peoples emotes and sayings can be quite funny initially... but after 3 hours, well it grates on you a bit. Ultimately it'll be up to the group, and if someones macro is a bit annoying, just mention it to them. Doesn't take much to change just remove a p from /p and the trouble is gone and easy to switch back on later.

-Ileren
                  Summoner/Monk
                  LS~Combat Squirrel Brigade
                  Alexander Server

Comment

Thank you Tazirai and Ileren for the macros. Training macro is great and it has helped me level up my SMN skill.

While every job is made easy by macro, SMN is especially in need of Macro commands.
                    RDM 75, BLM 73, WHM 42, SMN 41, RNG 40, NIN 37, DRK 37, THF 25, WAR 20

Comment

xarddrax, the "sneak attack ready" /p lines are crucial to let people know when to start a chain. if you're the theif, and you're doing a good job of it, you should activate sneak/trick before the fight even starts, so there's less wait time before you can hit the mob again. if your ws is the end of a chain, people need to know when they can start it and still have you take part, and to do that effectively as a thf, you need to combine your ws with ta+sa.

but all the floofy stuff like "here's my boost to power me up so i'm the uber god monk of all time!!!!111one!!" is just lame, and unnecesary.

Comment

but all the floofy stuff like "here's my boost to power me up so i'm the uber god monk of all time!!!!111one!!" is just lame, and unnecesary.
                        omfg so so SOOO true.
                        -= Do you believe that my being stronger of faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place ? =-

Comment

Finally i'm able to play with my summoner job... got Garuda and Shiva.. and i was pondering on macros...

So i did

CTRL1 - Cure1

CTRL2...4 (summon Carbuncle-Shiva-Garuda, this order)

ALT1 - Assault

ALT2 - Retreat

ALT3 - Release

ALT4 - MagicAtack*
                          /ja "Poison Nails" <t>
                          /ja "Axe Kick" <t>
                          /ja "Claws" <t>

*Well it works... so i put all attacks on one macro.. you might have to press one or two times if don't work.. but save me alot of macro space lol

Comment

Having now lost to almost every avatar, I've developed a few macros that are starting to at least get me *closer* to winning.

CTRL 6 is currently:
                            /item "Melon Juice" <me>
                            /wait 60
                            /wait 60
                            /wait 5
                            /p <call5> Drink up!

If you aren't using any other macros, that should remind you to rejuice. Unfortunately, I tend to use a bunch, so it's not nearly as effective.

CTRL 4 is currently:
                            /ma "Searing Light" <t>
                            /wait 55
                            /p <call> Nuke it again, stupid!

Alas, "stupid" keeps forgetting to redo juice during astral flow.

Some other good ones:

/item "Potion" <me>

/item "Ether" <me>

Now if I could just remember to use the juice so I had enough mp for banish or a third Searing Light... Is there anything quite as frustrating as that last sliver of hp left on the prime and having to duke it out with a Hermit's Wand?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

I just started SMN (Lv4) but already have my macros planned out. Each line is devoted to 1 summon (8 macro lines, 4 sets). Only Carbuncle is layed out, but the others will follow this setup. None have text since I usually spem my macros in order to launch them as fast as possible.

Ctrl 1: Assault macro
                              Ctrl 2: Healing Ruby macro
                              Ctrl 3-7: Blood Pact abilities from later levels.
                              Ctrl 8: Searing Light (I use Ctrl J to use Astral Flow, then I can use this macro for his ability)
                              Ctrl 9: Release Carbuncle
                              Ctrl 0: Summon Carbuncle
                              My sig.

Comment

Working...
                              X