X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabaron
    replied
    Re: Noob SCH and the Dooms

You don't need to go to the dunes... Nuke worms in North Gustaberg [S]. Tunnel Worms, then Stone Eaters at the outpost when able.

It's boring but much less frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied

Honestly, its a lot better just to find someone to duo with than spend time in the dunes (or Qufim, for that matter) in a PT as a SCH. Once you have Cure II, things will get a little more bearable til you have Cure III at 30.

Right now, I'd advice going through Field Manuals at an earlier camp or look into duoing with someone out in Maze of Shakarami on worms or even in the early parts of Koraokkola Tunnel. Perferably someone that's a DNC or /DNC so things stay low maitenence on healing.

I didn't party in the dunes or Qufim on SCH at all. If you still choose to do so, insist on playing it BLM style. People in this game sometimes don't care to learn how other jobs work and assume that if you're a mage, you can simply cure them, best way to avoid those people is to just not deal with them at all.

Leave a comment:

• Shirai
    replied

Can't help you with your main healing problem.
    I had to go through that as summoner, which has less utilities at hand then scholar.
    But that's not the topic.

Tips to make dunes easier:

-Take 1 man less in your party.
    A while ago ago SE gave a signet exp bonus to parties with less then 6 members.

-Chain weaker mobs.
    Don't go after those IT+ gobbies,crabs and pugils for the 200+ exp per mob.
    In the time you kill those you will have killed 2 or 3 their Tough to very tough counterparts for 100~170 exp each + chain bonus.
    Side bonus is weaker mobs hit less hard, which in return makes playing healer a lot easier, your MP pool last longer and getting more exp over time in the long run.

-Solo.
    SE also beefed up the exp you gain from killing easy prey up to Decent challenge mobs making soloing a viable alternative.

Leave a comment:

• Alekia
    started a topic Noob SCH and the Dooms

Noob SCH and the Dooms

Just a simple question...How the heck did you scholars make it through the dunes with your sanity? Currently I'm a level 15 scholar and more often than not I'm asked to main heal a party with only Cure (since we don't get Cure II until 17).

I keep telling party leaders that there is no way I can maintain the life of the party with only Cure and that they would be better off finding a dedicated healer and have me as a backup/nuker.

My last party had myself and several members of the party die twice because the leader refused to listen. He then finally got a RDM and he was unable to main heal either because he was only level 12 and didn't get Cure II until 14.

Please...any advice would be helpful.
    Last edited by Alekia; 04-20-2009, 09:16 AM.
Working...
X