Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCH Relic, Group 2 information from Dec update (put it here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCH Relic, Group 2 information from Dec update (put it here)

OK, I've stocked 9 of 10 limit points for this update and I plan to put what I can toward Stormsurge to find out how much stat boost another upgrade gives (hopefully +3 each with no Tier II Etude-like decay over time.

If anyone wants to pick another category they're interested to find out what they get from upgrades, it would be interesting to know. Focalization and Enlightenment seem to be the other Group 2s of interest.

Also, if someone can, put the SCH Relic/AF+1 information in this thread as well. Dunno if I'll be back from work before the datmining begins.

Re: SCH Relic, Group 2 information from Dec update (put it here)

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    OK, I've stocked 9 of 10 limit points for this update and I plan to put what I can toward Stormsurge to find out how much stat boost another upgrade gives (hopefully +3 each with no Tier II Etude-like decay over time.
    Won't it say so in the description?

Also, preemptive DNC thread go!
    Last edited by Malacite; 12-07-2008, 09:12 PM.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Well for Stormsurge's description, it said "attributes." While I take that to mean AGI, VIT, STR, etc, it could add other attributes, like Evasion, Defense, Attack, etc.

Well definately know the worth of the strategems by tomorrow, its just Stormsurge that's a bit aloof, base attributes aside. More curious if its +3 on attributes per merit, really, I really only think its adding base stats.

Comment

Nope: +3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Seems like a poor trade for 3+4+5+5+5 merits (I think - or do group 2s not cap at 5 per level?) to me, but then, the others aren't so impressive either. Meh, merits.

If relic has +skill pieces that are in different slots than the corresponding AF +skill pieces, that'll be a big deal (and other mage jobs get that so it probably will). Merits, well, they're not supposed to be radical improvements, especially to a job that's already great.
        Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
        RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
        All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

I cried.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

I knew it.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Head:

Argute M.board
              Head DEF:16 HP+10 MP+10 MND+5
              Elemental magic skill +7
              Grimoire: Reduces spellcasting time
              CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
              SCH75

Argute M.board +1
              DEF:17 HP+12 MP+12 MND+6
              Elemental magic skill +7
              SCH75

Body:

Argute Gown
              Body DEF:38 HP+15 MP+15
              Enhancing magic skill +7
              "Magic Def. Bonus"+5
              Enhances "Sublimation" effect
              SCH75

Argute Gown +1
              Body DEF:39 HP+17 MP+17
              Enhancing magic skill +7
              "Magic Def. Bonus"+6
              SCH75

Hands:

Argute Bracers
              Hands DEF:14 MP+20 INT+3 MND+3
              Enfeebling magic skill +7
              Enmity-2
              SCH71

Argute Bracers +1
              Hands DEF:15 MP+20 INT+4 MND+4
              Enfeebling magic skill +7
              Enmity-3
              SCH75

Legs:

Argute Pants
              DEF:27 HP+15 MP+15 INT+5
              Dark magic skill +7 Enmity-2
              SCH73

Argute Pants +1
              DEF:28 HP+17 MP+17 INT+6
              Dark magic skill +7 Enmity-3
              SCH75

Feet:

Argute Loafers
              Feet DEF:13 MP+20 Healing magic skill +7
              Weather: Enhances "Celerity"
              and "Alacrity" effect
              SCH72

Argute Loafers +1
              DEF:14 MP+25 Healing magic skill +9
              Weather: Enhances "Celerity"
              and "Alacrity" effect
              SCH75

Belt:

Argute Belt
              Waist DEF:6 MP+20 INT+5 MND+5
              Magic Accuracy+2
              "Magic Def. Bonus"+2
              SCH70

AF+1

Head:

Sch. M.board +1
              Head DEF:16 MP+20 INT+5
              Enmity-1
              SCH74

Body:

Scholar's Gown +1
              Body DEF:39 MP+18 INT+3 MND+3
              Enhances "Dark Arts" effect
              MP recovered while healing +5
              SCH74

Hands:

Sch. Bracers +1
              Hands DEF:14 MP+20 MND+5
              Spell interruption rate down 20%
              Enmity-3
              SCH74

Legs:

Scholar's Pants +1
              Legs DEF:28 MP+25 VIT+3 MND+3 Enmity-2
              Enhances "Light Arts" effect
              SCH74

Feet:

Sch. Loafers +1
              Feet DEF:11 MP+20 AGI+3 INT+3 Enmity-2
              SCH74
              sigpic
              Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

The AF+1 is pretty nice to me, body is a nice resting option vs. Errant now, and a few points of INT so you don't totally give up all your INT when using it for nuking slightly more resistant stuff.

Head is basically BLM AF+1 head, probably the best you're going to get from nuking, hands are really nice for Light Arts.

I see a ton of complaints about the relic set but I don't really get it, there's no HOLYSHIT piece like RDM hat in the group, but everything aside from the feet seems very usable. The body gives the highest Enhancing skill in that slot by 4, being able to cap your Sublimation pool even faster is nice as it gives you more time to idle in Vermy/Ixion for more MP. The hands are awesome, especially considering there wasn't really jack shit for enfeebling in that slot before. Same for legs and Dark Magic. The head is nothing crazy but it's a very solid Light Arts piece and if you macro in AF Feet/Relic head at the start of each cast you get a very nice boost to casting time reduction.

The feet are a bit confusing, I don't really get how Alacrity/Celerity could become stronger based on weather, especially if they don't already lower recasts further than the normal 50% cap, but we'll see I guess. The belt is just awesome, I definitely would trade the 3 Enmity- of P.Rope for 2 MAcc, 20 MP, and 2 MDB.
                Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post

The feet are a bit confusing, I don't really get how Alacrity/Celerity could become stronger based on weather, especially if they don't already lower recasts further than the normal 50% cap, but we'll see I guess. The belt is just awesome, I definitely would trade the 3 Enmity- of P.Rope for 2 MAcc, 20 MP, and 2 MDB.
                  Thats cause Alacrity and Celertiy don't pass the cap, they break it and make a new one. With Full Fast Cast gear on RDM, with either of those JAs on, I cast at 22%. Without I am stuck at ~45% with or without Arts on.

As for the relic, the belt. the AF+1 (which is good cause I am solo Limbus on SCH). Not so pressed to get Relic for SCH. Its decent, but not mind blowing like AF. Gotta remember, SCH is the only job that really all AF is good from 41->75.
                  sigpic
                  Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Do they also pass the recast cap though? That's what I was more concerned on, as that could make for some pretty broken RDM/SCH shit.

Comment

Yeah, when I looked at the relic feet, I figured the weather effect pushed the recast of Celerity/Alacrity even further.

It can't be said enough, when using Alacrity and Sublimation in tandem, you whore up lots of MP real fast with Aspir. So Relic Feet and Body would just push MP recovery that much further.

Most of both sets are interesting and useful. With AF+1 hands and feet, I can write off working on Yigit hands and feet for SCH.

Also, Relic hooked SCH up on Enhancing, Enfeebling and Dark Magic skill. Dark magic skill was something I wanted to merit, but I went with Enfeebling and Elemental, so this makes that compromise very worthwhile.

I like both sets well enough, but as with COR, I'll probably focus on Limbus sets before Relic since they enhance what was already great about those sets.

Comment

I would still work on Yigit hands/feet, the other options will still be inferior for nuking in most cases.

Comment

Feet maybe, but for hands I have Vicious Mufflers.

Comment

Yeah those will see pretty much identical damage, though I'm a stickler for having that added INT for slightly less resists. But yeah they aren't a must if you already have Vicious or to a lesser extent Goliard.

Comment

Was there any word on how much magic accuracy was added with each Altruism or Focalization merit?

Comment

Working...
                              X