Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCH Relic, Group 2 information from Dec update (put it here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCH Relic, Group 2 information from Dec update (put it here)

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    Was there any word on how much magic accuracy was added with each Altruism or Focalization merit?
    Its 5 per merit

and -10 Enmity per for the enmity ones

Stormsurge is +3 for the first, +1 for all following. Voidstorm is +1 for the first (all stats) and +1 for the following.
    sigpic
    Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

It's 5 per BBQ.

Geez I figured you would have looked at the options the moment you logged on. Still no word on what happens with Stormsurge when using Aurora or Voidstorm.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

JUst put two levels into Stormsurge.

Aurorastorm is CHR +4 right now
        Voidstorm gave +2 to all stats.

Comment

A sch in my shell reports that Enlightenment only gives you access to both addenda for your next spell. If you're using a spell from the opposite addendum to the arts you're in, you still get a penalty to mp cost, casting and recasting time for that spell.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

To answer you question about RDM/SCH Callisto

Full fast cast gear for RDM (AF+1 hat, Relic body, Loquac earring)

Stoneskin recast in nothing but my birthday suit: 27 sec
            Stoneskin recast in Full Fast cast Gear: 23 sec
            Stoneskin recast in Full fast cast gear+Light Arts: 21 sec
            Stoneskin recast in Full fast cast gear+Light Arts+Haste: 18 sec
            Stoneskin recast in Full fast cast gear+Light Arts+Haste+Nashira Seraweels: 17 sec
            Stoneskin recast in Full fast cast gear+Light Arts+Celetry: 15 sec
            Stoneskin recast in Full fast cast gear+Light Arts+Celetry+Haste: 15 sec
            Stoneskin recast in Full fast cast gear+Light Arts+Celetry+Nashira Seraweels: 15 sec
            Stoneskin recast in Full fast cast gear+Light Arts+Celetry+Nashira Seraweels+Haste: 15 sec

No dusk, so I cant do anything further

Sorry to get off topic
            sigpic
            Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
              A sch in my shell reports that Enlightenment only gives you access to both addenda for your next spell. If you're using a spell from the opposite addendum to the arts you're in, you still get a penalty to mp cost, casting and recasting time for that spell.
              Well that's disappointing.

I think I'm falling back to my initial plan 5/5 Stormsurge and 5/5 Focalization. +25 Magic Accuracy for the next Black Magic spell is well worth the cost of two stratagems.

Can't say the same about +25 magic accuracy for White Magic... there's just not much to do with our White Magic in that regard. Though I suppose 4/5 Focalization and 1/5 Altruism just for a little push to white magic enfeebs wouldn't be a total wash.

Still, I like the sound of 5/5 Focalization better. I'd rather strengthen my Black Magic side since the White Magic side is strong enough without much help.

There just doesn't seem to be enough incentive to go with any Enlightenment merits. As nice as it would be to access status cures on the fly, a five minute recast is not good enough to make it worthwhile. If I need to raise someone so badly, I still have access to R1 under Dark Arts and if I need status cures that badly, I could just sub WHM and not have to dip into Focalization at all, really.

I have access to sleep from /RDM in a pinch, it works most of the time. Same with Dispel. If I really need to Erase people, I'd be in Light Arts with addendum activated anyway.

Perhaps if they expanded the spells under either Addenda then Enlightenment would be more worthwhile. Don't see that happening, though.

Comment

And so SE fails hard with SCH's group 2.

At least the relic turned out pretty good. DNC made out like a bandit though.
                sigpic

Comment

SE let us merit 16 spells - more than any job gets to merit and gives +25 accuracy to our black magic spells and they "fail?"

Really, Mal, I'd be amazed if SE ever did meet your warped expectations.

Comment

No, they do fail.

The new stratagems would have been absolutely amazing if they'd only used up one charge, but then BLM and WHM would (rightly) be throwing fits of rage.

They're not entirely useless, just extremely niche. SCH didn't get anything that really wowed me. Enlightenment might still be a glitch though, as at Vanafest and Fanfest they said it's supposed to "optimize" both magics and give access to all spells.

It wasn't mentioned in the "Current known issues Dec.9" notice but I'm sure they'll fix that soon enough.

Meanwhile look what they gave DNC; a two new JA's for tanking and DD that both have pretty nice recast timers when maxed out. No Foot Rise is outright broken maxed out, with the only fluff merit (because every job needs at least one) being the job trait.

They did a good job on SCH's relic though. I'm just surprised they dropped the ball so hard on the Group 2's.

Even Ninja for all the garbage it got was at least given Tool Expertise.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      No, they do fail.

The new stratagems would have been absolutely amazing if they'd only used up one charge, but then BLM and WHM would (rightly) be throwing fits of rage.
                      You must be confused, if SE took BLM, WHM and RDM into consideration with this addition as you say, they clearly considered a means of balancing out something as powerful as +25 Magic Accuracy on your next spell.

Two charges certainly sounds like a good means of balancing out such an ability.

How is this fail? If I'm going to have a access to that much accuracy, there should be a downside.

Comment

List of SCH Dynamis zones:

Head: Xarcarbard/Tavnazia

Body: Beaucedine/Tavnazia

Hands: San d'Oria/Valkurm

Legs: Bastok/Qufim

Feet: Windurst/Buburimu
                        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

You must be confused, if SE took BLM, WHM and RDM into consideration with this addition as you say, they clearly considered a means of balancing out something as powerful as +25 Magic Accuracy on your next spell.

Two charges certainly sounds like a good means of balancing out such an ability.

How is this fail? If I'm going to have a access to that much accuracy, there should be a downside.

I didn't say they weren't balanced (hence my comment about WHM and BLM throwing fits if it only took up 1; that would be grossly unbalanced) I said they are underwhelming.

And for that, SE fails IMO. Look, this is clearly a difference of opinion and nothing more. I can see their reasons for doing this, as SCH is already borderline broken like NIN and RDM but I was kinda hoping for something that would really make my jaw drop like Accession

I love SCH, it's an awesome job and I'm going to 75 it at some point (either when I'm done Maat's cap or when it comes time to do NIN or SMN for said cap and I don't feel like either of them) I'm just not impressed by their merits.

I agree with you however, that Focalization 5/5 and Stormsurge seem the way to go. Enlightenment would have been extremely great if it dropped down to around 3 minute recast but even at 5 it's just not worth it.

Chances are if you need whatever spell you're using it to get that badly you're going to want to switch Arts anyway.
                          sigpic

Comment

Apparently Voidstorm caps at stats +3? Has anyone else heard that as well?
                            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                              Apparently Voidstorm caps at stats +3? Has anyone else heard that as well?
                              From what I've read poking around, its caps at +5. I can't verify for myself since I've been out a few weeks on the game and haven't capped the merit, but FFXIclopedia claims +5 to all stats. Now that i'm almost done settling in at my new place, I hope to get back to playing and meriting soon.

Voidstorm sounds like the buff of choice for melee PTs, but the constant need for you or the healer to remove it from yourselves is somewhat of an annoyance since Voidstorm also gimps healing and light-based magic a little bit.

I really am chomping at the bit to get back into Dynamis for the SCH and COR relic at this point, especially the SCH Relic Body and COR relic hat.

Comment

Voidstorm sounds like the buff of choice for melee PTs, but the constant need for you or the healer to remove it from yourselves is somewhat of an annoyance since Voidstorm also gimps healing and light-based magic a little bit.
                                Couldn't you stand far back from the party and target it on a melee, so that it lands in an area around the primary target like Curaga? Storms aren't self-only like phalanx and stoneskin and enspells, are they?
                                Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                                RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                                All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Working...
                                X