Re: Strategem Strategies

*calls for nerf bat*

D:

*hides*
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
      It's been a while since we've had numbers/jobs to do it or done an event that requires that sort of killpower, but we've done something similar to this in the past. The key: BLM party gets the SCH. Brd/whm, Cor/something, 4x melee for melee party, standard tank party, and the "odd man" party. BLMs + stragglers, basically. And we often put a SCH there who, along with our BRD and all of the BLMs, typically keep the melee alive quite well. Only thing left is to find someone out of melee party to dole out Hastes...
      You'd take a SCH in a BLM PT over a COR?

Oooookayyyyy.

Better idea BLM x4, SCH + COR. Put BRD with the melees, as they do little for mages but ballad.

Comment

>.> Wizard + Scholar's Roll ftw! (Though I prefer Wizard + Warlock myself :3 )
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Very nice BBq. A lot of that is very similar to how I play SCH, though I do use Penury a bit more since I have smaller base MP pool as a Hume.

Also, Klimaform is Dark magic. Strange yes, but that's why it works with Manifestation

A point to add to Klimaform. Haste gear! Recast is horrendous and Manifestation makes it so much worse
          sigpic
          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

You mention Sleep being required w/ Addendum:Black.

I could have sworn Sleep 1 is a default spell, and I thought I remembered having it when I took my SCH to 40 before Addendum even existed.

I don' thave access to wiki atm though, but maybe needs to be double checked?
            Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
            Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
            Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
            Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
            Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Nope, SCH only gets Sleep I/II from Add:B
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Sleep isn't a default spell. It does become available under BLM or RDM subjob in time and you don't have to use Addendum: Black to access it, but if you're subbing WHM or anything else, the only way you can have Sleep is through Addendum: Black.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                  You'd take a SCH in a BLM PT over a COR?

Oooookayyyyy.

Better idea BLM x4, SCH + COR. Put BRD with the melees, as they do little for mages but ballad.
                  BLMx4? loloroon. More like BLMx2, SCH, probably a RDM if we have one, and maybe a SMN or something. There's never a BRD in that party. Like I said, "odd man out" party. When you have less than 18 people but you still want to burn a tier 3 ZNM to the ground, it works pretty well. Still, this isn't a layout we've done often. In fact... thinking about it. I think we only did something like this twice. Huh.
                  "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

OK, so I said I was gonna rewrite the macros. They were pissing me off.

They're done and I actually used what I said about strategems in the OP as a guidline for my layout. I managed to fit in every spell but Cure IV, Cure, Regen, Bio, Klimaform, Invisible, Sneak, Deodorize and Blaze Spikes. Also excluded Modus Veritas and Sublimation. Reason being all these spells and JAs, if needed, were just best left being done manually.

Everything else got in and I filled out seven of ten pages. I'm reserving the remaining pages for specialized situations. This whole set is based on /RDM

Here's the gist of what I did:

Made "/macro set" macros for transtitions to Dark Arts and Light arts, along with particular spell categories like Enspells, Status Cures, Tier 4, 3 and 2 nukes.

Anything that Stormspells were useful with Stormspells got paird with. This went for Enspells, my Tier IV nuke list and my Helix spells. I put 6/8 of them with the Tier IVs and excluded them from the Tier 3/2 list. This is just assuming I've already applied the storm spell.

The Helix and Enfeebling lists are right next to each other, so I just arranged it so I had quick access to the Helix list for any Storm Spell in case I was seeing resists on any enfeeb.

Storm spells and Enspells, like Helix magic, go hand in hand so another 8/8 storm spells to fill out that list. 8/8 because it neighbors my main healing set and storm spells can be applied to allies for various reasons, helping spell accuracy or Cure potency chief amoung them.

I don't use Accession Enspells much, mind you, but camps like MJSP can warrant it better than the bird camps.

Another thing I did was outlined each elemental spell line to beat the elemental wheel into my head all Enspells, Barspells, Storm Spells, Helices and Nukes were lined up Water > Fire > Ice > Wind > Earth > Thunder. I used to line them up in the order I got em, which was dumb. I was tired of finding other ways to remember so its just right in my face whether I'm in light or dark arts now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                      I vote sticky.
                      I'm two years late but I'm seconding the motion for sticky because this was a very useful overview that answered a lot of my questions about Scholar.
                      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                      Name: Drjones
                      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Working...
                      X