Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since I find this Helix information suspect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I find this Helix information suspect...

OK, so this guy tells me that Helix spells have a elemental debuff effect. His claim is that if you use a helix spell and then nuke the match element, that spell will do more damage.

I see nothing to support this claim and I've tried it out in various situations on my Scholar, such as campaigns and missions (since you never DoT in manaburn anyway). I've done the matching Helix spell on the matching day with the matching nuke and the nukes seem exactly the same to me.

I tossed a few Thunder IVs at Ghesso and with or without Ionohelix, they didn't seem any different.

Has anyone else heard this rumor? I think its bunk since Helix isn't considered enfeebling, but elemental magic. Plus this guy has been wrong about plenty of other things anyway (like march not having a haste effect), so I didn't put much stock into this claim.

Re: Since I find this Helix information suspect...

I would bet he was confusing the effect of storm spells with helixes. Giving sch one damage bonus from storm, another from Ebullience and another from matching with helix seems like a bit much. I'd never heard of that before.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      Plus this guy has been wrong about plenty of other things anyway (like march not having a haste effect), so I didn't put much stock into this claim.
      There's your answer.
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

It would have been on the wiki by now I'd think.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The only thing the Helix spells seem to do are the INSANE DoT compared to their MP <> Casting ratio.

I think Kaeko did testing and figured out that their almost as damaging as BLM Nukes when comparitively equipped.
          The Tao of Ren
          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
          Originally posted by Kaeko
          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Kaeko has also successfully soloed Yovras on SCH with Helix spells, which would be awesome for me if my SCH weren't on my Taru (fucking Breeze Gorget quest, I swear).

Comment

Kaeko has also successfully soloed Yovras on SCH with Helix spells, which would be awesome for me if my SCH weren't on my Taru (fucking Breeze Gorget quest, I swear).
              Black mages have also done this, but it's impossible without gaiters. T.T
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

SCH's hack thier way around that, we have Desert boots to exploit

Comment

SCH's hack thier way around that, we have Desert boots to exploit
                  How long does it take to cast that desert weather ability though? I know Kaeko has gaiters, so I'm not sure you'll even have the time to use it.
                  ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                    How long does it take to cast that desert weather ability though? I know Kaeko has gaiters, so I'm not sure you'll even have the time to use it.
                    About the same amount of time as Cure.

Comment

Celerity {Please Check it}
                      sigpic

Comment

Celerity isn't worth using on Storm Spells, in the time you took to use Celerity and a Storm Spell, you could have just cast the spell anyway and it would be back up in 12 seconds.

Comment

What's the duration, 2 and a half minutes, like most buffs?
                          The Tao of Ren
                          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                          Originally posted by Kaeko
                          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I agree it would be a waste but my point was if you absolutely needed it cast as fast as humanly possible...

*gives cpt. Obvious his prize for the day*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                              What's the duration, 2 and a half minutes, like most buffs?
                              The duration effect of storm spells is three minutes, according to the wiki. I'd say that sounds about right based on how much I spam the stuff to activate my desert boots or use it to boost nukes.

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              *gives cpt. Obvious his prize for the day*
                              Its not very humble to award yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X