SCH Relic Staff Stats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCH Relic Staff Stats?

I can just imagine what this staff's stats look like. "Enhances Arts Effect" "Enhances Sublimation Effect" "Enhances Every-dad-gom-thing SCH has" lol

But seriously I think it might have either Arts enhancement or Elemental/Weather Enhancments. I can't imagine it having melee stats predominantly. I'm sure maybe some kind of stats, but seeing as SCH has no business meleeing it would be a waste.

What do you guys think?
    Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
    sigpic

Re: SCH Relic Staff Stats?

Most are hoping that the mage weapons will have useful casting stats, as of now the 3 'mage' Dynamis Relics(counting Excalibur, I know it's a bit of a reach) are useless to the casters that can use them, and even aside from that only 2 Dynamis Relics are what one would consider useful to an entire LS...which kind of is an issue since it takes an entire LS to attain one.

While I think S-E will do a better job with mage relics this time around they are currently batting .000, so who knows. We'll find out next month when the .dat miners do their thing.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Really, Exaclibur useless to RDM?

Ever see a WHM/NIN using Mjollnir and Kraken? Didn't think so. Claustrum on the other hand really does blow. @_@ I've seen the guy on our server that has it... ugh what a waste of resources.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        I, too, would like to see the reasoning behind this, other than merely "just haste me lolz."
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Originally posted by Armando
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

yeah I think it will enhance ARTs or maybe Ehance Helix's wich would be sexy as hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
            I, too, would like to see the reasoning behind this, other than merely "just haste me lolz."
            I think its more to do with the fact that in situations where RDM melee would take place, that Joyeuse or Justice Sword would beat it handily by thier base function. I've seen the Excalibur in action during a merit PT on a PLD, Knights of the Round was just barely over 400 per WS.

I snickered, then Slug Shotted for 700 to 1k+ and TPed with my Joyeuse.

To be fair, he did keep hate the whole PT with his cures and damage, despite him being /NIN against a COR and two really pimped WARs, but damage-wise, Excalibur just wasn't bringing much to the table.

If Excalibur was supposed to do more than I saw, maybe the PLD wasn't using it right? I dunno, first relic user I PTed with. The PT was impressive, but that aside, he probably could have done just as well with a Joytoy.

Comment

Excalibur should have been doing some nasty damage.

Excalibur - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Somepage lists it as 12.62 DPS. That's pretty good right there. It has the highest DMG rating (not counting latent on Company Sword) of all swords, attack +20 and KotR has some nasty mods;

3.0 TP modifier at all TP levels with 40% STR and MND. Also grants a pretty sweet (I believe 20/tic?) Regen. Then you take into account the random procs for 2.5 damage, as well as the additional effect (25% of your current HP in damage)

So yeah, either he was having lousy luck with procs or maybe his HP wasn't high enough often enough. Joyeuse is more reliable I'd say, especially with enspells but Excalibur shouldn't be taken lightly.

The point I wanted to make about KotR was that assuming you're not using a sub that gives you the EX weaponskills, Excalibur will grant you KotR to compensate.

Besides, don't you think it would just, well, suck complete ass if Joyeuse really was that much stronger given the work needed? (note: not bashing joyeuse here)

EDIT: In the hands of say a Galka PLD who's really pimped (Hell why not, if you have Excalibur odds are you're pretty pimped out) with around 2k HP, assuming you're luck to get it to proc when you have full HP that's going to be 500 damage dealt instantly on top of the swing. Scary stuff, if rather unlikely.
              sigpic

Comment

Ever see a WHM/NIN using Mjollnir and Kraken? Didn't think so.
                Honestly, Mjollnir is a help, but it's not like it's what makes WHM/NIN possible.

Comment

I wasn't saying that. I was saying it breaks it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                    I think its more to do with the fact that in situations where RDM melee would take place, that Joyeuse or Justice Sword would beat it handily by thier base function. I've seen the Excalibur in action during a merit PT on a PLD, Knights of the Round was just barely over 400 per WS.

I snickered, then Slug Shotted for 700 to 1k+ and TPed with my Joyeuse.
                    What?

Did you not notice the built in, nearly 90%(?) mini-Spirits Within going off almost every swing? As Malacite pointed out, a Galka Pld with 2k max HP can do 500 a *swing* with a sword. Even if he was down to 1k that's still 250+ dmg a swing *while* dual wielding and gaining a +20 per tick HP that stacks with other regens.

On a melee Rdm, Exca in the main, Joy in the sub and you can do easy 250+ a swing with 1k HP while still getting the benefeits of a joy in your sub. Now find any other combination of weaponry a Rdm can use that will allow a 250+ dmg per swing while gaining a fairly strong WS regardless of subjob(it's better then Vorpal).

As for the topic at hand, I hope these weapons do have job specific stats or at least something that will enhance the abilities and skills of said job who uses it. Like as for Sch, maybe enhanced Weather boosting abilities or hell even giving mages those "Relic Spells" that SE mentioned so long ago.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

To clear things up, I meant that I could own an Excalibur as RDM, and 90% of the time my casting duties at endgame events would require me to be using a different weapon, or being too busy to swing often enough for good output, as well as requiring a solid melee set on you at all times(which I do unless I'm tanking, but that's besides the point), making it effectively useless to me for something that I spent 60-80m on. (Remember, there's more to 75 than Greater Colibri...)

Meanwhile, had the RDM relic sword been MAcc+20 instead of Acc+20 with the same additional effect it'd be worth every piece of currency and you could effectively full time it and melee. This is the type of thing I'd like to see out of the new relics, BLM staff with a MAB comparable to Elemental Staves, PLD Sword with Damage Reduction or Enmity, shit that's actually useful to the jobs.
                      Last edited by Callisto; 05-05-2008, 08:13 AM.
                      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Did you not notice the built in, nearly 90%(?) mini-Spirits Within going off almost every swing? As Malacite pointed out, a Galka Pld with 2k max HP can do 500 a *swing* with a sword. Even if he was down to 1k that's still 250+ dmg a swing *while* dual wielding and gaining a +20 per tick HP that stacks with other regens.
                        Oh no, I just totally ignored it.

I think I would have noticed had it did. But it didn't happen.

Comment

Ever see a WHM/NIN using Mjollnir and Kraken? Didn't think so. Claustrum on the other hand really does blow. @_@ I've seen the guy on our server that has it... ugh what a waste of resources.
                          It takes a great man (or woman/mithra) to get a relic. But it takes an even greater person to get a useless relic.

Kinda like that $10.000.000 or something (lol) watch that doesnt tell the time and somehow got sold out on its first day of sales.
                          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I agree with Callisto to an extent. The Excalibur isn't useful from the mage side of RDM, but it is incredibly good for soloing nonetheless.

I would love to see these new relics truly add things that made each job that utilized them stand out that much more via using them. The ancient idea of adding Relic Spells to them would be lovely.

I can just see the BLM now with their "Meteor" added spell. Or RDM with "Regain". Or a SMN with "Pheonix". I can't imagine, aside from song casting delay or songs + something or another, what BRD's would gain.

RNG I don't know enough about. BST maybe would get a special "Relic Pet" or CHR/Reward/Charm enhancements. WHM Cure Potency up with maybe "Holy II" or "Banishga III", but those would be somewhat worthless imo. (And I have Divine merits lol)

DRG may would get Wyvern enhancements and/or Jump enhancements. SAM more likely than not would / will most likely get things to do with Meditate, Third Eye, or Zanshin. DNC might would get a new Jig, Samba, Waltz or Flourish.

SCH I hope gets further enhancement of Light and Dark Arts and/or some kinda Relic spell. I.e. "Regain" or some spell that makes the weather effects add the stat for that weather as a bonus. (STR for Fire weather etc)

PLD should, imo, get that long wished for "Provoke" like JA. If not some adequate dmg reduction/enmity up stats. NIN should get Uts:San and maybe ninjitsu skill/tool expertise. WAR I also don't know well enough HL to think of anything it could benefit from.

THF might get a TH boost or enhanced steal capability as well as evasion boosts. COR might could get some kinda Relic Roll like... "Omega Roll" or something lol. DRK could gain enhanced drain / absorb spells and/or relic spell like "Ultima".

PUP might could gain Relic WS for themselves as well as their PUP with the obvious puppet enhancements. And BLU might could gain some kind of relic spell like "Immortal's Secret" or even a JA of the same nature.

All of which supposedly will all offer new ws which we can all hope might open up some further SC possibilities. Maybe even level 4 SC's to play with. Those are my thoughts on the possibilities. Who knows. All we can do is wait for the hackers to figure it out lol.
                            Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
                            sigpic

Comment

Read the flavor text of the Axe. I forget already, but I remember noticing a very strong allusion to increasing charms somehow. So I think it's very reasonable that these will have stats geared to each job.

Even though it's a sword, I imagine Paladin will get at least something geared towards shielding... unless I'm completely off base and S-E is content to make pld/nin even more supreme.
                              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Working...
                              X