X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malacite
    replied
    Re: SCH Relic Staff Stats?

I wasn't saying that. I was saying it breaks it.

Leave a comment:

• Feba
    replied

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Ever see a WHM/NIN using Mjollnir and Kraken? Didn't think so.
    Honestly, Mjollnir is a help, but it's not like it's what makes WHM/NIN possible.

Leave a comment:

• Malacite
    replied

Excalibur should have been doing some nasty damage.

Excalibur - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

Somepage lists it as 12.62 DPS. That's pretty good right there. It has the highest DMG rating (not counting latent on Company Sword) of all swords, attack +20 and KotR has some nasty mods;

3.0 TP modifier at all TP levels with 40% STR and MND. Also grants a pretty sweet (I believe 20/tic?) Regen. Then you take into account the random procs for 2.5 damage, as well as the additional effect (25% of your current HP in damage)

So yeah, either he was having lousy luck with procs or maybe his HP wasn't high enough often enough. Joyeuse is more reliable I'd say, especially with enspells but Excalibur shouldn't be taken lightly.

The point I wanted to make about KotR was that assuming you're not using a sub that gives you the EX weaponskills, Excalibur will grant you KotR to compensate.

Besides, don't you think it would just, well, suck complete ass if Joyeuse really was that much stronger given the work needed? (note: not bashing joyeuse here)

EDIT: In the hands of say a Galka PLD who's really pimped (Hell why not, if you have Excalibur odds are you're pretty pimped out) with around 2k HP, assuming you're luck to get it to proc when you have full HP that's going to be 500 damage dealt instantly on top of the swing. Scary stuff, if rather unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
    I, too, would like to see the reasoning behind this, other than merely "just haste me lolz."
    I think its more to do with the fact that in situations where RDM melee would take place, that Joyeuse or Justice Sword would beat it handily by thier base function. I've seen the Excalibur in action during a merit PT on a PLD, Knights of the Round was just barely over 400 per WS.

I snickered, then Slug Shotted for 700 to 1k+ and TPed with my Joyeuse.

To be fair, he did keep hate the whole PT with his cures and damage, despite him being /NIN against a COR and two really pimped WARs, but damage-wise, Excalibur just wasn't bringing much to the table.

If Excalibur was supposed to do more than I saw, maybe the PLD wasn't using it right? I dunno, first relic user I PTed with. The PT was impressive, but that aside, he probably could have done just as well with a Joytoy.

Leave a comment:

• Luna
    replied

yeah I think it will enhance ARTs or maybe Ehance Helix's wich would be sexy as hell!

Leave a comment:

• Yellow Mage
    replied

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Really, Exaclibur useless to RDM?
    I, too, would like to see the reasoning behind this, other than merely "just haste me lolz."

Leave a comment:

• Malacite
    replied

Really, Exaclibur useless to RDM?

Ever see a WHM/NIN using Mjollnir and Kraken? Didn't think so. Claustrum on the other hand really does blow. @_@ I've seen the guy on our server that has it... ugh what a waste of resources.

Leave a comment:

• Callisto
    replied

Most are hoping that the mage weapons will have useful casting stats, as of now the 3 'mage' Dynamis Relics(counting Excalibur, I know it's a bit of a reach) are useless to the casters that can use them, and even aside from that only 2 Dynamis Relics are what one would consider useful to an entire LS...which kind of is an issue since it takes an entire LS to attain one.

While I think S-E will do a better job with mage relics this time around they are currently batting .000, so who knows. We'll find out next month when the .dat miners do their thing.

Leave a comment:

• Temagori
    started a topic SCH Relic Staff Stats?

SCH Relic Staff Stats?

I can just imagine what this staff's stats look like. "Enhances Arts Effect" "Enhances Sublimation Effect" "Enhances Every-dad-gom-thing SCH has" lol

But seriously I think it might have either Arts enhancement or Elemental/Weather Enhancments. I can't imagine it having melee stats predominantly. I'm sure maybe some kind of stats, but seeing as SCH has no business meleeing it would be a waste.

What do you guys think?
Working...
X