Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 60+ SCH gear and Macros

Originally posted by Somnar View Post
    Electrum will reduce your Sublimation return, because they're not convert HP to MP (they're just -HP +MP). Astrals will not. I had 762 HP as 55 SCH (with astrals), and was getting a max of 200ish mp back.
    My informant lives punt-free another day!
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

So I guess that means Ether ring is also in the clear.

Comment

Finally unlocked Sea (again), this time for Foobar, the Taru SCH and BST.

Guess I should now also be prioritizing some Obis, but should probably wait a few more levels of SCH or even BST before I really bother farming the organs. Pity I can't charm things out in Sea >.>;

Comment

I've picked up a Penitent's Rope for the time being til I can get a Sothic to fill the waist slot (I just know in one of my occasional COR or RNG gil scares I'd end up selling it, so best to grab the R/Es for long term use). Additionally, Selphiie and I found out firsthand that those IT+ orcs in La Vaule (S) don't fuck around, so no Gnole Pellets yet.

Eyeballing the Druid Slops and Jet Serewels, Druid Slops have both seem nice for Dark Arts, but I think I'd like the Druid's a tad better.

Scored my Vicious Mufflers friday Now I just need the find a Light Arts piece for hands, not that the AF hands are terrible, but probably could do better.

Comment

Question on a few gear pieces.

For the Nuking build, what is the opinion on the Genie Gages (Elemental skill +8) vs Goliard/Yigit/Vicious?

For the healing roles, I'm also not sure what to aim for.

I'm thinking:

Body: Vcloak
            Hands: Yigit
            Legs: Jet Seraweels
            Feet: Goliard

I haven't looked at the misc accessories that I'll be wanting quite yet. My thought is to try and maximize Mind/MP with this build. If I don't get a Vcloak, I will probably use Errant for body and wear the Sch AF hat.

Nuking set will most likely be similar, just swap Druid for Jet, and Sch AF for the body.

I'm still not too sure which headpiece to go with in either Nuking/Healing builds. Errant looks kinda nice for the -enmity, the Elite Beret looks nice for nuking.

Actually now that I think on it, I think I'd go Errant/Goliard for healing assuming no Vcloak that is, and Elite Beret for nuking.

I should also ask, what's the general consensus on the elemental straps? Or is it best to just use the Staff Strap?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Well, I have two gear sets for the situations I'm in, but even then I have a few pieces I swap in depending on what I cast. In Light Arts I use the AF legs and I use the Errant body, AF head, Errant Hands, Penitent's Rope, Prism Cape, (Goliard if I had it, but I use Rostrum atm), Tamas ring + (Omega Ring if I had it, but I use Ether), Loquacious, Phantom Tathlum, Enhancing Torque, and the Antivenom Earring. If I am casting stoneskin I throw in my Enhancing Torque and my Kirin's Pole w/ the Bugard Strap +1 as well as if I am castin En-ga's or Phalanx-ga.

When I use Dark Arts my gear is roughly the same with a Diamond instead of Ether, atm the Mohba Scarf +1, again the Bugard Strap +1, my Aquilo's Staff, AF body, Mahatma Slops, Phantom + Novio, and the Elemental Torque. This makes my spells hit more often as well as improves my Helix spells. I'd probably use the Ice Grip for Blizz III and IV, but for helix's I'd have to test that or Bugard's to see the diff.

I honestly can't remember what the guy's name is, but there is a taru who has a great guide online for SCH and he shows some solo macroes that I incorporated that have helped immensely in my soloign capabilities. The most notable is the gear-swapping---> Ability macro. It basically uses the techinique of swapping gear to not be Ability-Locked while using your stratagems so you can kite and get ready to shoot of any spell with much more effeciency. I found the site. http://kanican.livejournal.com/tag/scholar%21

Hope this helps. ^^
              Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
              sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I still don't have a Vermy and can't really find a reason to get one. When I do main heal, its so much Stoneskin spam that I only toss out a cure or regen from time to time. This has even been the case it PTs that I've had no refresh support.

Nice, sure. I'd get one if I could spare the gil.

Needed? Not really.

Comment

Working...
                X