Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rounding out SCH subs

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
    Id like you to add support to rdm please and thank you, we dont get begged to join parties for our cures and definitally not our nukes.

Haste can i have it? NO!
    Refresh can i have it? NO!
    enfeebles can i have it? NO!

RDM retired march 20th 2008

BLM>SCH>DRK

I will miss you my red hat friend.
    I honestly can't make out what you're trying to say.

Comment

Not much was just harrased in game today by a party while I was LFP for a mission. Started of simply as a invite with out asking, declined it got a tell, told them no. Then the rest of the party started harrasing me about not partying for about 10 minutes (even after I wemt anon and took down my flag. Basically im saying Im done with it happens at least 2 times a day if Im not anon. Sick of assholes bitching at me cuz I dont want to party with them. So Im effectivley retiring my RDM. People know I have RDM, friends, randoms, and like to abuse it, killing NM's refresh bitch, curebot, raise whore. I didnt level RDM for anyone but myself so it is effectivley "retired".

sig courtesy tgm
      retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
        Malacite, I think you're overstating the power of strategems.

(1) You still have to be in the appropriate Arts to use the related Strategems. Tabula Rasa gives unlimited strategems while it is active and removes the spell cost/speed penalty to spells from the "wrong" color, but you still only have access to whatever strategems are linked to your currently active Arts.

(2) It takes a couple seconds to activate a strategem. So using Ebullience, Alacrity, and Parsimony on a Tier IV nuke costs you probably 5-6 seconds, which brings you back to basically the same cost/power that a BLM can do without the extra gruntwork of using JAs. And you still have to pay for the spell, unlike the BLM.

Icemage

I'm aware of that, I have played the job >_>

I didn't notice that much of a delay on the stratagems. I just spam my keyboard and can pop off 2 of them in about a second or so then wail away @ my spell macros. Yeah you're going to waste a little bit of time but not that much, and you're only spending half the cost of the spell and getting it in much faster.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

There's really not even a point to using the Celerity or Alacrity, especially if you're /RDM or RDM.

Comment

Sure there is. Thunder IV's recast is 37.25 seconds according to wiki. Alacrity would cut that down to around 18~19, then you factor in fast cast and/or the arts abilities.

My point was that you'd be able to get in more of the upper tier 4 nukes than a BLM would in the span of 30s is all. >. > actually, I'm going to have to somewhat rescind my earlier remarks 'cause for some stupid reason I hate a total brain fart and forgot that said BLM could have 2 charges built up when s/he uses manafont. That would allow for 2 uses of Alacrity for AM2, which would be just freaking lethal.

Anyhoo I think we can all agree that's enough derailment for now.

Is there really anything more to discuss, or are we going to absolutely pick apart the pros, cons and strategies of eahc sub and where and when to use them? >_>
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
              Is there really anything more to discuss, or are we going to absolutely pick apart the pros, cons and strategies of eahc sub and where and when to use them? >_>
              Would be par for course.

Comment

I suggest /thf

- th2
                - flee
                - gil finder

works marvelous with sch's innate ability to change the weather. (On the mob too is this confirmed yet)

this sub on paper makes a great farming sub, especially against beastmen in oh I dont know, Qulun dome forsome nice xp and gil @ 75 and I dont know about your server but shell 4 and rubies from ruby go for 10K a pop (200K for 12 ruby) on my server and waterga 3 andflood are slowly aproaching 300k and 400K respectfully. I farm down here with no trouble at all on my rdm. (also keep tabs on the adamantking.)

Situational sub only best uses are for farming and getting around, not recomended for parties.

sig courtesy tgm
                retired -08

Comment

Alacrity is made awesome by Manafont. Shame about the uttter lack of defense BLM/SCH have.

It's also good when kiting or when sleeping something that's chewing your face off. Then there's the recast effect for Stun and Klimaform. Hmm... Alacrity's bonus overrides Art's bonus, but I don't know if it overrides the effects of Fast Cast or Haste. Celerity I use for Raise and Reraise.
                  this sub on paper makes a great farming sub, especially against beastmen in oh I dont know, Qulun dome forsome nice xp and gil @ 75 and I dont know about your server but shell 4 and rubies from ruby go for 10K a pop (200K for 12 ruby) on my server and waterga 3 andflood are slowly aproaching 300k and 400K respectfully. I farm down here with no trouble at all on my rdm. (also keep tabs on the adamantking.)

Situational sub only best uses are for farming and getting around, not recomended for parties.
                  People have been saying that water scrolls no longer drop there. When was the last time you got one?
                  Last edited by Coinspinner; 03-21-2008, 10:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Actually SCH can get around just fine by main job, just use Desert Boots and Sandstorm to trigger +12% movement speed.

As for /THF, anyone with a lick of sense would use that to farm with a melee job. I use it COR/THF since I have Dancer's Rolls to restore HP and otherwise farm on BST. I found Mage/THF farming a glutton for punishment and painfully slow. In fact, BST is pretty much the ultimate farming job, which my taru has on top of SCH, so eh, I'll just farm BST on him and COR on the mithra.
                    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 03-21-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Actually SCH can get around just fine by main job, just use Desert Boots and Sandstorm to trigger +12% movement speed.
                      O. O that's an awesome idea. holy crap I never thought about that. That should make for some very interesting strategies.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        O. O that's an awesome idea. holy crap I never thought about that. That should make for some very interesting strategies.
                        It sure puts egg on the faces of SCH who ran out and got Herald's Gaiters off the AH as soon as they saw SCHs could use them.

Comment

Working...
                        X