Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best SJ for SCH

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
    I'd strongly disagree with the idea that Slow and Paralyze not being helpful; even with longer cast time and higher MP cost from Dark Arts, they are well worth the when compared to the curing MP saved over time.
    QFT. Personally I always take the hit and pop Dark Arts for the skill. Now, things are slightly skewed for me when I /WHM since I'm an Elvaan and if I know I'm subbing WHM or RDM, I'm going to eat Mush Pots for the +10 MND.

That makes for some very potent enfeebles.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

You'd also get Sleep from /RDM25; what you'd be missing is Sleepga, which can be worked around on SCH.

I'd strongly disagree with the idea that Slow and Paralyze not being helpful; even with longer cast time and higher MP cost from Dark Arts, they are well worth the when compared to the curing MP saved over time.
      I think you misread my post. What I said was that /RDM got some of both worlds, including sleep. No-where did I say that /BLM was the only way to get sleep, what I was referring to is that /WHM didn't get sleep at all.

As for Slow and Paralyze, I did mention that while they have their uses, they are gimped on a SCH. That is why it is better to let a real WHM or RDM cast them if possible, and that /BLM was only really good in a perfect party situation(When someone else can cast Slow, Paralyze, and/or Erase/-nas)
      Originally posted by Ellipses
      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
      Originally posted by MCLV
      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
      More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
        Just going to touch on this quick. It would be like making convert available to other mage jobs, too much power. I wouldnt mind seeing the storms available as a sub tho.
        Honestly, with all the hype over the weather spells and the fact that weather effects are pretty random anyway, I'd expected the ones we got -- single-weather spells -- to be subbable, and for SCH to get a double-weather tier II set to make it more attractive in post-sub levels. That SE did it the way they did was a letdown, and shows that they grossly overestimated their usefulness. -- Pteryx

Comment

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
          Honestly, with all the hype over the weather spells and the fact that weather effects are pretty random anyway, I'd expected the ones we got -- single-weather spells -- to be subbable, and for SCH to get a double-weather tier II set to make it more attractive in post-sub levels. That SE did it the way they did was a letdown, and shows that they grossly overestimated their usefulness. -- Pteryx
          Very true. A 10% chance at 10% MAB isn't much. Statisticly, you would be adding 1% to your damage output for that element, unless you do possess the Elemental Obis. Allowing SCH to have double-weather would still hold their advantage, but let /SCH do something more to help out.
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

Very true. A 10% chance at 10% MAB isn't much.
            It's not a 10% chance; it's closer to 1/3 last time I looked up the info, which was admittedly quite a while ago, but I doubt it's changed.

Also take into consideration that it DOES affect magic accuracy as well by an unknown amount, with an unknown proc rate.

Comment

If a party like that can best benefit from SCH by asking him to use /BLM, the same party would probably do even better inviting a BLM instead.
              If you can find one. When I put parties together I rarely see one LFP. When I solo I see them, also soloing, but /anon or not seeking, and with a comment indicating that they were soloing @ <pos> on (Goblin) (Leech). I guess some people like soloing.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinspinner View Post
                If you can find one. When I put parties together I rarely see one LFP. When I solo I see them, also soloing, but /anon or not seeking, and with a comment indicating that they were soloing @ <pos> on (Goblin) (Leech). I guess some people like soloing.
                Maybe they are just tired of getting invites for (Main) (Heal) (Caedarva Mire) (Can I have it?) /tells.
                More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  It's not a 10% chance; it's closer to 1/3 last time I looked up the info, which was admittedly quite a while ago, but I doubt it's changed.

Also take into consideration that it DOES affect magic accuracy as well by an unknown amount, with an unknown proc rate.
                  30% or so sounds about right for the damage bonus from weather/day.

I'm a bit dubious about the magic accuracy bit. I've done my fair share of worm-nuking on three jobs now, and I've never noticed any appreciable change in accuracy regardless of which nuke was used on a particular day/weather - just the resistance of the target. If the effect is there, it's so small as to be placebo.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
                    Maybe they are just tired of getting invites for (Main) (Heal) (Caedarva Mire) (Can I have it?) /tells.
                    I doubt a 50-ish BLM is gonna get that /tell, heh.

Hell, I'd take that invite on my BLM. But that's just me; I like watching parties wipe.

Comment

Working...
                    X