New SCH stratagem idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New SCH stratagem idea!

I've pulled hate a few times in lower level parties on my SCH. Nothing too dangerous; it's not like WHMs or BLMs are any safer.

For the low levels, I just overloaded on Evasion and -Enmity gears; it's saved me on several occasions.

One thing to avoid is using your newest Cure spells until they're capped; it's a good way to get pummelled, just as it is for WHM.

If you're seriously worried about pulling hate, eat some Roast Mushrooms. It'll lower your enmity.

Icemage

Comment

It always seems like I get hate way more easily while nuking than melee do, regardless of the actual damage I'm doing. I always thought nukes had some sort of volatile enmity on them that melee attacks didn't.

Anyway, I want a -Enmity Stratagem that is subable. Melee currently have enmity manipulation options (TA & High Jump), I want one for BLM, and I guess SCH.

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
      For the low levels, I just overloaded on Evasion and -Enmity gears; it's saved me on several occasions.
      The ones with enchantments? Other than that I only see Mycophile Cuffs and Tamas Ring for SCH. I've got the first of those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Saren View Post
        ....curing an entire alliance? I haven't levelled sch high enough to test this but I assumed party members only which the in game description supports.

I like the enmity down strategm idea but I think it would fit in better with the current stratagems as a simple 'half/reduced enmity gained from the next spell' effect rather than being able to target other party members.
        Yes just what I said curing an entire alliance, SCH's AoE is not limited to just ppl in your party its whoever is in the AoE range and in pt or alliance. I know this for a fact my best friend is lvl 75 SCH and this is one thing I have found out to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinspinner View Post
          The ones with enchantments? Other than that I only see Mycophile Cuffs and Tamas Ring for SCH. I've got the first of those two.
          Healer's Earring is OK if you're /WHM. There's some other oddball things too, like Horror Head.

Evasion gear is easy to come by though. Composite Eye Circlet, Scentless Armlets, Martial Slacks, Light Soleas, Silver Earrings/Dodge Earrings, etc.

Icemage

Comment

Staff Strap is also -2 Enmity, I've been mulling over -enmity gear for my /mage builds on COR and plan to pick one up for SCH as well

Comment

Originally posted by Saphiera View Post
              Yes just what I said curing an entire alliance, SCH's AoE is not limited to just ppl in your party its whoever is in the AoE range and in pt or alliance. I know this for a fact my best friend is lvl 75 SCH and this is one thing I have found out to be true.
              Really? That's very, very, very interesting, and good to know. That means two or three Scholars can keep a full alliance buffed with Stoneskin nearly full-time, AoE depending? Right now, even before S-E's upcoming update to SCH? Well, well, well.

^____________^
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                Really? That's very, very, very interesting, and good to know. That means two or three Scholars can keep a full alliance buffed with Stoneskin nearly full-time, AoE depending? Right now, even before S-E's upcoming update to SCH? Well, well, well.

^____________^
                Yeah you see all the people out there hateing on SCH but did you ever ask them how far they've taken the job? most will say "oh its lvl 12" or nah I only lvled it to 37 for a SJ, most of them dont even have it past 30 yet, and yet they seem to think the job sucks? I say wait till 40 then give it a real try.

My last few pt's where in fact mana burn's we had 4xblm and me on SCH lvl 47, I was doing about 230-280 on T2 unresisted (90%) of the time, I had asked a friend who didnt have filters on how much dmg I was doing compared to the BLM's, they said it was Neck and neck hmm no wonder I keep stealing hate, if SCH can heal just like a WHM and nuke like a BLM how much hate do you think I can generate in one fight? quite a bit lol, later on BLM is going to surpass SCH only b/c of AM and T4 nukes, although BLM will alaways be better at nuking than SCH, SCH wont be too far behind (a lot better than RDM LOL). Hopefully SE realizes just how much SCH can benefit from T4.

Comment

I don't think SCH will ever have T4 nukes, that's what our Helices are supposed to replace. Right now, thanks to the gear available to them, at 70+ RDM can be a better nukers than SCH. I expect updates will change that eventually, but looking at TAU jobs I think it'll be a long time in coming.

I gotta try out that alliance Accession thing. If you could heal the entire alliance without even being in it, then wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphiera View Post
                    I grabbed a level 63 sch and a few other friends and tried this out, it's not true. We tried accession + protect and accession + cure. Both are supposed to stack with accession, both just affected members of the scholar's party not the whole alliance and we definitely were not out of range.

Edit: tried accession + curaga aswell just to be absolutely sure. Still only affected members of the scholar's party not the whole alliance.
                    sigpic
                    Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

only affected members of the scholar's party not the whole alliance.
                      Oh well. Probably would've been too powerful if it was true. Thanks for testing it.
                      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I grabbed a level 63 sch and a few other friends and tried this out, it's not true. We tried accession + protect and accession + cure. Both are supposed to stack with accession, both just affected members of the scholar's party not the whole alliance and we definitely were not out of range.

Edit: tried accession + curaga aswell just to be absolutely sure. Still only affected members of the scholar's party not the whole alliance.
                        yeah sorry when I talked to my friend about it again he said that its not an alliance they can cure, its they can cast the AoE enhanced spell on another party and get everyone in that party's AoE cured or paralyna'd etc. sorry I just missunderstood him.

Comment

Working...
                        X