X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxia
    replied
    Re: /RDM needed?

I have RDM lvld to sub lvl but talked to SCH's on server and they said AVOID /RDM and give the pt the options of WHM or BLM sub

why ppl not like /rdm?

Leave a comment:

• Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: /RDM needed?

"Does I has to?"

You don't have to, but it would really help you in some spots.

/RDM has some toys /BLM and /WHM do not:

Gravity, Enspells, Phalnax, Dispel and Fast Cast.

Scholar learns two Strategems (at level 40, if I'm not mistaken) that allow them to take various White and Black magic and covert it to an AoE. So subbing /RDM would actually put them a smidge closer to providing some Avatar-quality AoE buffs on the PT than /WHM would and /BLM couldn't provide at all.

/RDM also provides Magic Attack Bonus, though its about five points weaker than /BLM's MAB.

Each sub has its strengths. /RDM would be your best choice for Enfeebling and defensive support for the frontline. /WHM is going to have some of the same, but also to ability to AoE those needed -na spells. /BLM is pretty much just for raw nuking power, Elemental Seal and a little extra MP.

If you have WHM, BLM or RDM subs - you can pretty much fill the casting duties of any of the three mages (except Haste, Stona and Refresh) AND possess some of the toys of SMN as well. You just can't be them all at once and will have the same low HP as a SMN.

Don't bemoan having to level this one, its pretty much the first time since the BLM/RDM trend that we've had another really practical application for /RDM. And this time the nuker with /RDM can actually f'n raise.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 12-06-2007, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Galaxia
    started a topic /RDM needed?

/RDM needed?

Hey!

Unlocked SCH today! hehe YAY
    somone told me SCH needs /RDM sub or it's useless...

I thought it was /WHM and /BLM?
Working...
X