Arts for skillup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arts for skillup?

Has anyone noticed anything with skillups under the effect of the appropriate Arts? I would assume you would still be increasing those skills as usual, up to their native rank. But with the boost up to capped B rank, would that make Enfeebling/Elemental/Dark/Divine Magic easier to skill up, since they'd be getting resisted less (assuming capped B is higher than your current skill)?
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Re: Arts for skillup?

Or it's possible that with the Arts skill level replacing your natural skill level, you couldn't skillup at all. That would kind of suck for SCHs that aren't already a RDM75 or something like that.

P.S. You can also skillup Healing by curing undead. I don't know of any way to skill up Enhancing faster though; you can't Regen undead and have it work as a DoT the way you could in some previous FFs.
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

What do resists have to do with skill-ups?

As for Enhancing: I've heard some things about casting Enhancing spells on generals during Beseiged but I haven't confirmed it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
        What do resists have to do with skill-ups?
        I dunno! Thought they might, which is why I asked. So does it not matter if the spells stick for skilling up?
        Ellipses on Fenrir
        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
        . . .

Comment

As long as it does damage you usually get skillups. That means you can bio something 200 skill levels above you and still get skill.

You can't skill up enfeebles when they're completely resisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Lasareth View Post
            You can't skill up enfeebles when they're completely resisted.
            QFT. This is why to get his Enfeebling up, my partner has had to specifically spam Dia on Besieged mobs. If you can skill despite Dark Arts, this would make Enfeebling far easier to skill up. -- Pteryx

Comment

Working...
            X