This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axe or sword ?

hi peeps, im new gunna be making a char as soon as the account mantinance starts workin !!

im guna make a war ... lvl him to 30 and make a sam, was wonderin if i should use a Katana or an axe while i get my war from lvl 1 > 30 ??
    Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimesConfucius

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves Confucius

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous Confucius

Re: axe or sword ?

War get A in Axe, A+ in GA, so these should be your weapons of choice while levelling warrior. Only use a GKT when you are actually levelling sam.

I would also start with mnk, get him to 18, then you have a good sub for your warrior to take to 37 (which is the max for your sub job). Then you can have fun with samurai!

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

war can't use katana or great katana anyway~
      My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
      Originally posted by Balfree
      Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

WAR cannot use katana in this game~

For WAR, Great Axe is very useful at low levels because of "Shield Break" weapons skill.

I suggest you to visit WAR forum for more info ^^
        Server: Quetzalcoatl
        Race: Hume Rank 7
        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

There is a chance in early parties that you will do a lot of tanking in which case going sword/shield or axe/shield couldn't hurt. Great axe works well too for general melee. It would be best to keep all three skilled as much as possible really. I agree with Kirsteena as far as the jobs go. Level monk to 18 for a sub to warrior, then take warrior to 37 for a sub to Samurai.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

What i did was use sword for the first 10 lvls, then i started to use the GA after that. You can't use a GA during lvls 1-7 i think. I cant quite remember what the first GA is. ><

Comment

The first Great Axe is level 5, and it blows everything else out of the water for partying. Slamming a nice -40 Evasion debuff (see: Shield Break) on an IT mob works wonders for killing it faster. Axe/Shield is nice if you're soloing (in which case you don't need Shield Break's -evasion, and Raging Axe will do about the same damage) OR if you're main tanking and your party's being stupid and fighting things that are too strong (and even then one could argue that you'd take less damage by shield breaking the mob and killing it faster.)

Basically...if you have to pick one, make it Great Axe. If you want to be versatile, level both. If you're a perfectionist, you can level sword as well, but Great Axe will be better in 90% of the situations, while Axe will be better in 7 out of the remaining 10% (most swords are fairly weak early on.)

Comment

can sam even equip a axe?

Comment

nvm i miss read your q, but yeah war cant equip a gkt

Comment

luisa, please mind the dates of the original post. this was posted 3 months ago and answered at the same time

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
                    X