X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nuking: How much INT vs MAB

At least this thread reminded me to buy an Elementa Grip. <_<
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
      Because that's oh so relevant to the discussion of INT and MAB.
      Screw you too ?

How is a staff that adds an additional 15% MAB to ice/lightning nukes not relevant?

No more advice from me.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

So, you didn't read the OP well enough to understand the point of the thread, didn't read my post that demonstrates the 2INT-1MAB relationship, didn't read Ixion Cape to see rdm can't even use it, didn't read the part where rdm's have bad elemental accuracy so dropping over 20 magic acc to use Varuna's might not be the best idea, and now you've decided not to add anything else of value to the thread. Seems pretty redundant.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I lol'd.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            Screw you too ?

How is a staff that adds an additional 15% MAB to ice/lightning nukes not relevant?

No more advice from me.
            Read this and tell me why you are wrong.
            Magic Affinity - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
            Name: Drjones
            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

RDM have bad macc on nukes? Atma of the Ultimate says hi. (BTW, the real reason to favor ice nukes right now is not the staff, but Atma of the Beyond. Its ice bonus stacking with its +MAB is monstrous.)

Currently, everything outside Abyssea was designed for 75s, I think you'll wreck it pretty good as a 90 regardless of gear.

Now, if they eventually design some level 90+ endgame content that DOESN'T have insanely strong player buffs like atma, then this discussion would be different. But right now, go for the MAB -- you probably already have a ton of INT from cruor and minikin, anyway.
              Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
              RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
              All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
                RDM have bad macc on nukes? Atma of the Ultimate says hi. (BTW, the real reason to favor ice nukes right now is not the staff, but Atma of the Beyond. Its ice bonus stacking with its +MAB is monstrous.)

Currently, everything outside Abyssea was designed for 75s, I think you'll wreck it pretty good as a 90 regardless of gear.

Now, if they eventually design some level 90+ endgame content that DOESN'T have insanely strong player buffs like atma, then this discussion would be different. But right now, go for the MAB -- you probably already have a ton of INT from cruor and minikin, anyway.

SILENCE.

THE RDM NUKING MYTHS MUST BE MAINTAINED!

Really, its just an excuse to for Pink Magery and Meleetard RDM to continue to exist. Why, if RDMs started with the nuking again, people might parse that the nukes still did better damage than melee.

Comment

Last I checked, Atmas aren't the entire game. Now I don't know fucksquat about Abyssea really, but don't you have to go out and obtain these Atmas first and then use them?

And who knows exactly what SE has in store for the game from 90-99, but probably not everything is going to be using this Atma, which, as I've come to gather, gives you a boost to some of your important stats. So if that's the case, then yes, RDM Macc isn't spectacular.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                    SILENCE.

THE RDM NUKING MYTHS MUST BE MAINTAINED!

Really, its just an excuse to for Pink Magery and Meleetard RDM to continue to exist. Why, if RDMs started with the nuking again, people might parse that the nukes still did better damage than melee.
                    Wtf are you on lately? Every post has to have an alternate agenda for you. Next you'll be asking for our birth certificates.

Comment

Should I be worried? Rumor says I was not born in the US. <_<; >_>;
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                        Last I checked, Atmas aren't the entire game. Now I don't know fucksquat about Abyssea really, but don't you have to go out and obtain these Atmas first and then use them?

And who knows exactly what SE has in store for the game from 90-99, but probably not everything is going to be using this Atma, which, as I've come to gather, gives you a boost to some of your important stats. So if that's the case, then yes, RDM Macc isn't spectacular.
                        Karinya addresses this pretty well.
                        Originally posted by Karinya View Post

Gotta say that I don't know a lot about abyssea yet, having just come back to the game, and I still haven't hit 90 so my perspective is essentially that of a 75. I think it is a fair point though that before cid starts taking things like Atma of the Ultimate into consideration, he has to have Proto-Ultima under his belt, which I don't know about. Lots of limbus groups pretty much ignored that guy since he didn't drop homam and was more of a pain to get to.

Taking a look at these atmas now. I still don't buy this argument that the large bonuses translate into MAB eclipsing INT in effectiveness. The 50 INT from MM doesn't skew the math enough for 1 MAB to pull significantly away from 2 INT in performance, unless it pushes past the inflection point for the equation which is impossible to know without direct testing. Then there's this other complication that having 110 MAB sitting around from Beyond and Ultimate make increases in INT more effective than they otherwise would have been.
                        Last edited by Taskmage; 05-06-2011, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Ah, so it is the possibility that this particular Atma is not in play. Which means we're not necessarily retarded for saying what we're saying.

As with everything in FFXI, though, shit is situational. On 75 mobs at level 90, yeah, gear up to blow shit up. On 90 mobs at 90, you might wanna make sure your Macc is to snuff. Pretty simple. If he has this Atma, gear less for accuracy. If he doesn't, gear more for it. There we go. Yay.
                          sigpic
                          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Yeah, I do enough stuff outside of Abyssea that I'm not exactly going to tailor my build around atmas. Hell, I think the only atma I have that does anything for a mage is the one I got for finishing the Lu Shang's quest and that's just some refresh if I'm under 25% HP.

Point is: dINT isn't always going to be capped, and I find it more useful to gear for those situations.
                            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                            Name: Drjones
                            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Ran the numbers again assuming a very large dINT, very large MAB, and effectiveness of adding INT cut in half due to passing the inflection point. The numbers still come out roughly equal for adding 2 INT vs 1 MAB. My hypothesis is that using the three atmas mentioned, priority in gearing INT vs MAB for nukes would not change, at least for ice nukes. If you were using some combination of atmas that jacked up only MAB but not INT or vice versa then that would change things.

math

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                                My hypothesis is that using the three atmas mentioned, priority in gearing INT vs MAB for nukes would not change, at least for ice nukes
                                Basically, Atmas broke the game along it's own rules.
                                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                                X