Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nuking: How much INT vs MAB

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
    Basically, Atmas broke the game along it's own rules.
    Everything got broken equally, so it works out the same?
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
      I think more that it's understood how it was broken.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

It makes me nervous that Armando hasn't posted in this thread yet. The longer that's true, the higher the likelihood that I've made some asinine claim that the numbers don't really support central to my argument.

Comment

Wtf are you on lately? Every post has to have an alternate agenda for you. Next you'll be asking for our birth certificates.
          I just find it funny that in any instance, given any advantage (be it external atma/steroid boost, gear or subjob benefit that RDMs will stamp their feet and lie through their teeth that they still aren't good at nuking. Not being as good as BLM and SCH doesn't mean it doesn't help

It wasn't true in FFXI, ROZ, COP, TOA, WotG and it isn't true now in Abyssea.

As for "agendas" I have no idea what that's about.

Comment

Meh, I was always big on RDM nuking, on the off-times I actually happened to be on RDM at endgame. I just knew that there were limitations and geared accordingly. RDM nukes aren't bad - not nearly on the level of say, DRK nukes - they're just more likely to get resisted, no matter which way you try to sway it. I just mention that it doesn't hurt to gear for accuracy/skill if you're likely to be resisted. That's all. You're making it sound like the whole of us in this thread are saying "OMG RDM DON'T NUKE WTF ARE YOU THINKING." We're not. We're just saying that there are limitations and that skill/accuracy is often a factor.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

If anything we're saying the opposite and bickering over the specifics of how to kick more ass.
              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
              Name: Drjones
              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I'd ask you how suggesting that you gear more towards accuracy than someone who has a higher skill ranking then you counts as stamping one's feet and deliberately underestimating our ability, but asking you a question would encourage you to continue participating in the discussion, which I don't really want to do.

Comment

Sorta. I think it would be put a little more accurately like this:

I got superpowers!!!! Owait... everyone got superpowers... well... maybe it's all neutral still.... but at least we can all FREAKING FLY!!!

*zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom*

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                  99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                  99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

So what you're saying is that FFXI is now Dragon Ball Z?

Comment

Do you see the eternal dragon in my signature? Yes... yes you do. Nuff said.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Comment

Hipster: a person under the age of 35 who wears clothes.

Comment

It makes me nervous that Armando hasn't posted in this thread yet. The longer that's true, the higher the likelihood that I've made some asinine claim that the numbers don't really support central to my argument.
                            There's a strong correlation between my lack of contribution to the MLP thread and how busy I am. I had a deadline to meet yesterday for my microcontroller interfacing course, did not sleep at all the day before to make it. Naturally I passed out afterwards from sleep deprivation and here I am on Friday.

For whatever it's worth, I haven't played since A Crystalline Prophecy, I never took a mage job to high levels, and thread's forked into multiple topics. Anywho, my favorite way of comparing quantities is by turning them into multipliers. This is handy here because practically all other stats that affect magic damage are % multipliers already, so by turning the extra INT into a multiplier you can compare them directly.

Where dINT_delta is the extra INT you're comparing to the extra MAB. That last expression, 1 + (dINT_Delta * M)/(D_old) gives you the % increase from adding that INT, which you can compare directly to the MAB_new/MAB_old. That expression is valid at all levels, though I didn't take the inflection thing into account. Regardless I'd like to echo something someone else said in the thread: If you're doing level 75 content at level 90, you'll probably wreck shit no matter what.

\makethreadboringforeveryoneelse
                            Last edited by Armando; 05-06-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I just saw a Jackson Pollock of variables and hit the Thanks button.

Comment

I'm sure about 80% of my Thanks are from math posts. It's basically the last part of that big equation that you really want. The rest is the derivation, for the curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X