Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solo faster?

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
    Oh rdm melee threads, how I've missed you. And since nobody parties anymore, nobody can ruin it by starting THAT discussion.
    Well, you know, there really is no place for RDM to melee in parties.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Random pedant: Well, at the very early levels it's viable, but after a certain point you don't want to do it anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
        Random pedant: Well, at the very early levels it's viable, but after a certain point you don't want to do it anymore!
        At very early levels you'll be invited to heal. Try and out pedant that.

In short, shut up and get back in the back row of a party cid.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

</3 you guys
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Would starting a parser data war be considered bad etiquette?
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Actually I've been kiting, not swashbuckling lately

>_>
              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
              Name: Drjones
              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Then Bio III and Poison II. Gear that increases Dark and Enhancing Skill. Level to 90.

/SCH for -10% MP cost under the right Arts might be a possibility.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                  Would starting a parser data war be considered bad etiquette?
                  Naw thats just throwing the glove down, do it.

Comment

That would give Taskmage a heart attack. XD

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                    Actually I've been kiting, not swashbuckling lately

>_>
                    What Mhurron said.

And don't forget Movement speed gear if you can get it. Not like you could possibly forget about it while running away from an angry DoT'd mob mind you.

But really, until you get Refresh II and the next nuke tier kills will still go even slower since you'd be limited on the amount of backup nuking you can do to speed things up.

Auto-refresh/movement gear while not casting, capped skill and merits, m.att/acc gear, good macros. Etc. etc. They will all make a difference, just (like I said before) not that much since it will be slow no matter how you slice it.

Of course with practice you'll naturally speed things up, but that's from the playing skill department.
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                      Are they truly instant? Can you attack during the dancing animation? That's always been a concern of mine. If it's not instant, excessive dancing will cut into your DoT.
                      1. Steps are not really instant... but close enough. They don't effect your weapon delay if you time them to go off after a round of your normal melee attacks. If you use a step just before you would normally have started a melee round... it does delay the melee until completion of the step animation.

2. Yes you can attack during (at least) samba and waltz animations. The chat log will still display your attack infromation even if you are mid waltz. It's more noticable now that Abyssea offers such plentiful tripple/double attck rates. I've seen as many as 6 attacks pan out in the chat log while performing Haste Samba.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

If you use a step just before you would normally have started a melee round... it does delay the melee until completion of the step animation.

2. Yes you can attack during (at least) samba and waltz animations. The chat log will still display your attack infromation even if you are mid waltz.
                        But these two things are contradictory (and the first is already contradictory with them being near-instant...the timing shouldn't change the outcome.) Which is it? Does it stall your attack until the animation finishes or do you continue attacking as usual while the animation plays?

Comment

It's SE instant.

loose

Comment

I would expect them to behave the same way as weaponskills. Normal attacks can still proc during the middle of a WS animation, right? Would be easy to test by a SMN with Garland of oh-my-god-when-is-this-fruity-animation-ever-going-to-end-gaahhhhhhhh Bliss.

Comment

It's hard to tell really. Sorry if my post contradicts itself.

I did a little testing with steps. Nothing with fancy Armando numbers... but just observation and fiddling around.

I tried a number of timed combinations (while I was bored and skilling in Abyssea the other day).

While meleeing without using steps at all... I would have a delay of X until my next attack round began. I wrote down a little info from the chat log timers to see how long X was on average (without any double/tripple attack gear/atmas on). After determining X, I went on to test how X was effected if I were to use a step before an attack round or after an attack round. I noticed that while using a step directly AFTER an attack round, X remained unchanged. However... when using a step just BEFORE an attack round, X was extended by about 1 second each time. This is what leads me to believe that if I time my steps correctly... they don't cause any delay in my attacks... but used at the right time... they cause a minor one.

That being said... I still have yet to see attack information come into the chat log during a step animation... so if it has to be one or the other... I would venture to say that it does in fact delay your attacks while the step is prepared and used.

Again... I'm no tester... for all I know I screwed it up. But for what it's worth... that's what I noticed.
                              Last edited by Yygdrasil; 04-20-2011, 06:18 PM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                              99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                              99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                                shat log
                                You might want to see a doctor about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X