Best place for RDM lvl 30-40 to solo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place for RDM lvl 30-40 to solo?

where is the best place for a lvl 30-40 RDM to solo, say subbing black mage? Also, where is a pretty good farming spot for the same character? ty ^^

Re: Best place for RDM lvl 30-40 to solo?

Rolanberry Fields is decent for a good stretch. Most everything there drops decent loot and if you're lucky(or insane in my case) you can snag a pair of Rambler's Gaiters while you're at it.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

My hubby says some Gigas in Beaucedine.
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
        Rolanberry Fields is decent for a good stretch. Most everything there drops decent loot and if you're lucky(or insane in my case) you can snag a pair of Rambler's Gaiters while you're at it.
        That's what I did, at least until I got tired of gravi-nuking crawlers for silk thread. Use the book at the south zone line. But its absolute top FoV level is 40, so at upper 38 you need to start looking for somewhere else.
        Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
        99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
        F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
        >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Melee is faster (in the end of things) and you can survive damn near forever /NIN. You can also fight gobby pets in East Altepa, I recommend /NIN and two solid wands. If you do not have /NIN it gets a bit dicier. Fighting pets is done with a kite nuke strat. Should you need to rest you can sleep most of them.

TBH the best way to get EXP is Melee style in Rolan Fields > 35 or so, then Kite Nuke pets in the desert till 40ish.

Farming wise Id say camp the AH on your server and look for prices that seem great. For example on Lakshmi the Elemental staves are selling under the NPC price a lot of the time. As for farming while EXPing, id say focus on gobue or crawlers in the Rolanberry fields.

sig courtesy tgm
          retired -08

Comment

Noob RDM question: At 30-40, can you earn more exp soloing or grouping? I fear (as a new player in the barren city of San'Doria), that I may not be able to get many groups anyways.
            sigpic

Comment

It seemed faster with a party if you got one that wasn't pants-on-head retarded. With the changes to exp rates though, you'll be fine either way.
              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
              Name: Drjones
              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Grouping is always going to outpace soloing as long as the party isn't horrible, but as you note grouping isn't always an option. You should be able to pull at least 3k an hour while you solo with your flag up, doing level-appropriate FoVs or killing beastman pets.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

It's ok, you'll stop worrying about Sandy after you unlock your subjob and get lvl 20.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                  Grouping is always going to outpace soloing as long as the party isn't horrible, but as you note grouping isn't always an option. You should be able to pull at least 3k an hour while you solo with your flag up, doing level-appropriate FoVs or killing beastman pets.
                  Make that more than 6k + FoV unless he tries to go for EM-T after lvl 10
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

3k/hr is about what I was getting on thf 39-46 in beaucedine, spamming page 1 until about level 44 when I switched to page 5. I was using a shield NPC so that's a 30% exp cut and had some extra downtime resting her mp, so those are factors.

Comment

Wow... this is all way above my head. lol. I'm sure after getting into a good LS and playing I will learn more. Right now I'm simply focusing on leveling. I figure I can go back and do anything I missed at a later date.
                      sigpic

Comment

You should learn about Fields of Valor (FoVs) as soon as you can. They're very useful for speeding up the leveling process especially early on, and you get a little gil the the process.

Later on you'll run into enemies that are beastmasters, and have a pet following along behind them. The pets have disproportionately low hp for their level but still give full exp, so you can level quite quickly sneaking around behind a bst mob and picking off its pets as it summons them.

After you get to rank 4 you can do a quest and get an NPC that follows and assists you in battle, but they take a portion of your exp when you use them.
                        Adventuring Fellow Guide - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Comment

Wow, that's way above my level, but I appreciate the tip and will definitely keep that in mind. For now, I think I'm off to read a bunch of newbie guides. ^^
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                            Later on you'll run into enemies that are beastmasters, and have a pet following along behind them. The pets have disproportionately low hp for their level but still give full exp, so you can level quite quickly sneaking around behind a bst mob and picking off its pets as it summons them.
                            And they generally respawn in 60 seconds. Chain 5 is often possible for a solo BLM after level 50.
                            Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                            99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                            F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                            >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Working...
                            X