Is Vermy cloak worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Vermy cloak worth it?

So since I"m approaching 70 and I'll have some gear choices for body I decided to look around on what ppl feel is the best body pieces for healing vs enfeeble vs ehancing. Though I haven't seen it mentioned in gear posts I've been seeing a lot of ppl using vermy when curing in a pt not even macing in another body piece for enhancing.

Is it worth having a vermy for the "let's pretend we're a WHM with Refresh" parties?

Asura Server

Re: Is Vermy cloak worth it?

Personally, Vermillion Cloak has helped me out a lot and I would definitely recommend owning one. There really aren't many good, accessibly options for Enhancing. Glamour Jupon maybe? If nothing else, it's also really good for places where you might not be casting all the time, but you also can't rest, like in Assault or something. RDM really doesn't have a whole lot of gear that makes our cures better either.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah. My goal is to have a few basic body pieces I don't have to swap out much and swap out neck, earrin, elemental staves and rings mostly for my needs in parties. I think the only other thing I'll have an entirely separate build for is for soloing.

I was considering getting a Glamour Jupon for swapping in for enhancing, enfeebling and nuking and a Vermy for curing and resting. My goal is to have a full set of torques and staves for varying spells and swap between Phantom, moldy (whenever that stupid goblin finally decides to drop it), and Geist earrings.

I'll probably need some pieces for Dynamis to get Duelist Chapeau and Gloves and to get a Genbu sheild in sky but since I don't plan to do any other endgame besides that and Nyzul that's on the backburner.

Asura Server

Comment

Hmmm...unless you really must have the best Barspell you possibly can, or if the extra few points will add another point of damage to your Enspell or Phalanx, I wouldn't use Glamour Jupon for Enfeebling. You already get a much better piece for that for "free" (...free in a sense anyway), the AF has +15 skill, no?
        sigpic

Comment

I"m not good at number crunching so I'm not sure how to figure which one is better. Currently I use my AF which I plan to boost up to boost up to +1 really soon.

Basically I'm trying to figure if I should get Vermy and Glamor and if Errant/Mahatma is better to have for general things if I should enhance with AF +1 and forget about Glamor period unless its good for nuking since I doubt I'd be able to get a Morrigan.

Asura Server

Comment

Errant beats Glamor for nuking.
            1 Skill = 1 Magic Accuracy
            2 INT = 1 Magic Accuracy
            Errant's 10 INT means 5 Magic Accuracy on top of increasing nuke damage.

Unless it gets you one more Enspell damage or Phalanx damage reduction, the extra 3 Enhancing Skill from Glamor Jupon isn't that useful either. Enfeebling in Glamor isn't an option because AF kicks its ass so hard.
            Last edited by Armando; 12-30-2009, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Ty for explaining it. I don't think I'll bother with Glamor then. Not enough benefit to it.

So I think I'll mac in Vermy for Curing, Errant for Nuking and Enhancing and AF for Enfeeble. Would that work best?

Asura Server

Comment

Glamor still can be worth it pending your actual Enhancing level. Idle in Vermy, don't cast spells in it. Cure in Errant, nuke in Errant, if Glamor is an option cast Phalanx/Enspells/Barspells in it, you can likely cap Stoneskin easily already using AF Pants and MND in other slots, I would use AF Body for that for the spell interruption-.
                Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Glamor Jupon has amoung the shittiest droprates in the game and if you go on a subligar farming run there's always gonna be some RDM or SCH whose ears perk up the second they hear your farming subs. Never fails. Really, though, AF seems to cover this stuff well much better. Glamor Jupon really only has an advantage in the 50-capped/pre-AF scenarios (assuming the skills are capped) and the benefit is pretty negligible there even then.

Honestly, aside from the Shikaree Aketon and Swift Belt, the subligar for the Jupon is the other largest headache to farm down in Sacrarium. And there's always this mumbo-jumbo about the drop rate being better in the Aqueducts or Sacrarium for that sub, its a placebo effect, the drop rate sucks in both zones, it only seems to get better when you don't have competition for it.

Comment

I've always just gotten them when clearing rooms for Swift Belt hate, lol. The drop rate is definitely bad but if you're down there building fomor hate anyways I usually see one.
                    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Lol. Yeah I think I'll skip the Glamour and focus more time on Moldy since my luck sucks. I've already failed with getting claim 6 X.

Asura Server

Comment

I got glamor jupon way back before level sync (and the accompanying change to gear under level caps), and at that point it *might* have been worth the pain in the ass; it's not anymore.

I would have definitely gotten vermy if I could have afforded it, but it was much more expensive back then and before I could afford it I got Duelist's Chapeau, which makes vermy pointless (for RDM) since it can't be worn with a hat.
                        Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                        RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                        All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Callisto you mention idling in it? Does it's refresh stack with the Refresh spell adding more ticks? If so it would be pretty useful for those times with Convert isn't ready and a mob's spamming enfeebles I have to combat while healing eating up my mp. Currently I carry a beak necklace and a sash that add more mp ticks recovered while resting that I mac in with Dark Staff when I get low to gain some quick mp by resting. I could add this in when I get low probably then. I'm pretty proud I rarely run out of mp in a party when convert isn't available and this could really help.

Asura Server

Comment

All Refresh gear stacks with the spell, same with Regen gear and the Regen spell. Strictly speaking the gear doesn't give you a buff (i.e. there's no icon, no timer, nothing to cancel) so it doesn't conflict with other buffs.

Comment

Also, when you can equip the Errant Houppelande at 72, the hMP on it beats the auto-refresh that you would get from vermy. If you wanted to squeeze out an extra few tics of MP before your first real tic of resting, that's ok, but after that, be sure to equip the Errant body.

All auto-refresh gear gives 1MP every 3 seconds for a total of 20 mp returned per minute. Exactly how useful that extra 20 MP is depends on what you're doing, but I can't think of many situations where that is going to make or break a party or event. (it's great to wear while traveling, though!)

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                              WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X