75 RDM Melee Gear Suggestions/Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 75 RDM Melee Gear Suggestions/Goals

Can't the Lamia No. 13 fight be done with just about anyone /rdm and access to Dispel?

And I'd be the one on the left

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Yeah, but the other jobs have ways of getting MP back.

I've done it with a DRG/RDM, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        Also, this topic is proving why RDM melee topics make my brain hurt - you guys completely ignore the most obvious, obtainable, practical and free melee body in the game for RDM (and quite a few others) in favor of impractical, time consuming, expensive hybrid ones that are ultimately casting/resting pieces. Yes, they have a melee stat on them, but in contrast to Pahluwhan, they also give up more of that melee stat to offer something to your casting side. This is always the case with hybrid gear.
        I agree, however disagree....

Are you saying that +4% haste on Goliard is inferior to something like SH+1 that is +12 ACC? Because is has +42MP on it?
        Or Morigans is bad to go for because it is a loaded mage peice with some melee thrown on? Compared to a P body?

Or did I misread something.

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

BBQ is saying that Pahluwan is something easily attainable, which is exactly what I was asking for here, whereas Goliard and Morrigans, while good pieces, are not nearly as easily attainable (certainly not for me, with my schedule), and they really do seem to be more hybrid pieces, though Morrigan's is certainly not bad for melee either.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

So, just to clarify, though it seems pretty obvious, when I get Assault Jerkin, I should wear that over Scorpion Harness for melee? I'm going to hold onto it for my DRG and THF, I guess, so I can swap it in for times I need EVA? I don't know.

Comment

Depends entirely on the job and what you're doing. If you can hit the mob just fine without the SH's accuracy, swap out for something else. If you can still benefit from the extra accuracy from the SH, wear that. When it comes to evasion, IMO for some jobs it's a worthless stat. Nice to have, don't get me wrong. But if I don't need the extra accuracy, the choice is +att or +eva, +att will almost always win.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Are you saying that +4% haste on Goliard is inferior to something like SH+1 that is +12 ACC? Because is has +42MP on it?
              Actually...you need to have 37% Haste before adding 4% more is going to improve your DoT more than going from 89% to 95% hit rate (and that's assuming worst case non-capped scenario for SH+1; if your Hit Rate is lower, then the improvement with SH+1 is larger still.) So, you need at least 22% Haste in gear besides the Haste spell for Goliard to beat SH+1 - but, in that case, you'd be hitting the 25% gear cap and would be getting 3% Haste, not 4%. So you really need Haste Spell and at least one March.

So yes, ignoring recast timers, 4% Haste is inferior to 12 Acc unless you have Haste spell, one March, and at least 12% Haste in gear.

But the main point was what Vyuru said.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                Can't the Lamia No. 13 fight be done with just about anyone /rdm and access to Dispel?
                Yes, but two blms can manaburn the lamia in 3 mins, while the dispel only method takes 20+ mins.
                sigpic

Comment

2) /NIN build

Blau Dolch / Joyeuse
                  Tiphia Sting
                  Royal Redingote (10 acc/+3 DW)
                  Chiv Chain/Soil Gorget
                  Volunteer's Brais/Nashira Seraweels (depending on your acc)
                  Dusk Gloves +1
                  Dusk Ledelsens +1
                  Speed or Swift Belt
                  Amemet Mantle +1
                  Suppanomimi/Hollow
                  Rajas/Toreador or Rajas/Fencer's if you can force latent
                  Madrone Hume Female Leviathan Server
                  75: RDM MNK BLM PLD BRD subs: NIN WAR DRK BLU WHM SCH DNC RNG
                  AF+1 16/25, AF2 9/25, Nashira 1/5, Crimson 3/5, Pln 2/5, Yigit 5/5, Zenith 3/5, Shura 3/5, Askar 1/5, Goliard 2/5, Homam 2/5
                  Merits 384/506, Bastok rank 10, Merc rank 10

Comment

Originally posted by arkaine23 View Post
                    2) /NIN build

Blau Dolch / Joyeuse
                    Tiphia Sting
                    Royal Redingote (10 acc/+3 DW)
                    Chiv Chain/Soil Gorget
                    Volunteer's Brais/Nashira Seraweels (depending on your acc)
                    Dusk Gloves +1
                    Dusk Ledelsens +1
                    Speed or Swift Belt
                    Amemet Mantle +1
                    Suppanomimi/Hollow
                    Rajas/Toreador or Rajas/Fencer's if you can force latent
                    I'm going to assume that this is a pie in the sky build, because seriously.

Blau - 2,500,000
                    Joytoy - Easy to get in theory, but my schedule/lack of support hurts me there.
                    Tiphia - 130,000 (not bad)
                    Royal Redingote - I was going to get another one of the bodies for DRG.
                    Chiv - 200,000
                    Soil Gorget - Requires Sea. (/sigh)
                    Volunteer's Brais - Assault (seriously, it's depressing how few people I know)
                    Nashira - Limbus
                    Dusk Gloves +1 - 10,000,000
                    Dusk Ledelsons +1 - 3,000,000
                    Speed Belt - 31,000,000 - Swift Belt - Requires Sacrarium Access (/sigh)
                    Amemet +1 - 200,000
                    Suppa - Requires Divine Might (have yet to see a shout for it)
                    Rajas (Sea)
                    Toreador's/Fencer's - 2,800,000/1,000

So, we're looking at: Either 50m to be on the HQ side of this, or 19m to be on the NQ side. And that's not counting the time/money spent finishing CoP and leveling up Assault.

So, good to know for the distant, distant future, but most of this set is just completely beyond my reach right now.

It's all my fault really. My shell has maybe six people in it at any given time. Of those, one has a highest job level of 42, and the others have odd schedules or their own statics for things. We've been trying to get through CoP, but thanks to the incompetence of certain members, we can't even get through 2-5. I have posted threads on various forums looking for a busier early morning shell, but haven't found much of anything in that department. And since I'm related to the shellholder, I can't just drop the shell and move to greener pastures (not that I think there ARE many greener pastures at the hours I play).

Anyway, thanks, and it's probably just that I'm feeling really down on myself, but I can't help but feel completely inadequate and incapable of accomplishing anything in this game right now.

Maybe it's time to put RDM on the back burner and just level something else to 75.

Comment

A bunch of Madrone's suggestions are pretty lofty, shit I wish I had access to, but the others struck me as pretty obtainable. It's not really that insurmountable, I'd say it depends on how much time you're willing to devote to farming.

In the months before the first Mog Bonanza, I was grinding hard to get cash for the Dusk gloves and ledelsens, and held off until a few weeks after the Bonanza prizes were handed out, to capitalize on the dip in Behemoth leather(and subsequently Dusk), prices. That saved me quite a bit.

Chivalrous chain can be obtained with pretty low level Assault, if you can find a few people to spam the bullshit tier 1 Lebros Cavern, it shouldn't be too bad(a RDM with a decent nuking build can replace a BLM on the run and take out the north wall).

Tiphia is a couple hundred thousand, but remember that you can also get it from Demonic Tiphia in Crawler's Nest. I fought her a few times before she gave up the goods, it helps to isolate her(there are a couple of spots), outlast her(I never found the limit to her MP... but she never saw the limit to mine either), and of course, outcamp the competition. Natrually, it goes a lot faster and smoother with an extra hand or two. Certainly more doable than Joyeuse.

I have a Swift belt now, thanks to some generous compatriots and a protracted Sacrarium run. Before that, I gained TP in the cheap Life belt and used the also-cheap Warwolf belt for select Weapon Skills. Potent belt would be a nift two-in-one, but I've yet to accumulate enough Leujoam points, and previously passed on the opportunity to buy it.

Everyone raves about Amemet mantle +1, but no one with a brain will fault you for getting the NQ.

I've got a Jaeger and Woodsman ring, and while the Jaeger was an easy enough drop(although from CoP's Riverne area), the Woodsman was relatively cheap(relative to, say, Chivalrous or Tiphia). Another that isn't too tough to farm up the gil for.

Joyeuse is the holy grail of RDM weapons, but there are decent alternatives. Mensur epee is alright, maybe Company fleuret in groups. Martial anelace is much balleyhooed, but expensive.

I've had my gimp little NQ Misericorde for years, but it's served me fairly well. I was all hot about upgrading to Blau Dolch until Death Blossom came along, now I'm considering putting off Blau should I eventually unload 'Blossom, since I'll be using dagger a bit less.

It sounds like you're trying to get these things all at once. If that's your intention, it's no surprise it'd be discouraging. Just work on farming up the cash, getting the pieces that you can, when you can. No one with a decent melee setup put it together right away.

Comment

Martial anelace is much balleyhooed, but expensive.
                        Martial Anelace is really only "good" at making Savage Blade better, and that's one hell of a sad WS. I can't think of a very good reason to use one. And yeah, HQ Amemet is one of the worst investments possible. The improvement/gil ratio is atrocious. That's really one of those things you do when you've got nothing else to upgrade.

Comment

Another option I'm too lazy to check for a mention is Wise gear. It's ugly as sin and a piss-poor attempt at real hybrid gear for RDM, but it is cheap and does offer Acc on a few pieces. A stepping stone if I ever saw one.

Comment

Working...
                          X