Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 75 RDM Melee Gear Suggestions/Goals

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
    You know, all I can say to this is, you really don't need to bother. Death Blossom can give you everything Savage Blade possibly could, and then some.

Then again, that does require getting a Vorpal Sword from Nyzul . . .
    Getting a Vorpal sword from Nyzul is relatively easy. Weapon drops aren't that uncommon, and if you do floor 96-100 runs, as long as the person who opens the run is a Red Mage, the drop is guaranteed.

Now, unlocking said sword is really only possible if you actually ascend. Acquisition of the Runic Key really appreciates a static group, but Nyzul Isle is a fun and rewarding experience even if a bit frustrating on occasion.
    Last edited by Sabaron; 04-24-2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      It's ok. I can lie about my testing, you guys would believe me.
      I lol'd because it's true.
      "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Death Blossom is on the list as well, but I can't pass up a chance to go flying through the air at my foes.

edit: Well, my dad just called to let me know that he got his Assault Jerkin, so only third in line, now!
        Last edited by Murphie; 04-24-2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
          Lots of +acc; I think it's smart to focus on acc before dreaming about haste gear.
          Depends somewhat on what you're fighting (and what you're eating), but since his skills aren't even capped yet, yeah.
          I'd like to note Ecphoria Ring, though. Unless you actually have the Woodsman for another job, I'd be totally comfortable with ditching it for Ecphoria. the 1 acc lost is worth the money saved and - assuming you're soloing or tanking something - getting the eva back can't hurt.
          I do that, and also use Jaeger as my other ring because I have it from a LS dobsonflies run long ago. No def/eva penalties from rings and I didn't have to pay much for them either. (I've been looking for Fencer's since the update, but always sold out. If I can get one, then probably only one acc ring...)

@Armando: You may find this funny, but I still don't think of SH as something ordinary people can get. IIRC, I got Pahluwan partly to avoid having to save up for SH.

It's really not that expensive anymore. But I hardly ever think of that until someone else brings it up.
          Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
          RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
          All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
            As a SCH, I bet Hollow Earring would be a nice addition for low delay weapon users like THF, or duelwielders. Unfortunately, most people don't get hard-to-obtain-or-one-time-only gear based on the premise of having a SCH around (Elemental Obis or Diabolos' Earring anyone?) Somewhat cheapens my ability to really give enhancements to the party in some ways.
            I had heard that hollow earring only increased the enspell damage of the person wearing the earring. Is that not the case?
            Then again, that does require getting a Vorpal Sword from Nyzul . . .
            Yeah but then you have to unlock it. I got about 17k points on mine before falling into a coma where I dreamed hellish dreams about armies of Robber Crabs. I finally got a Nyzul static recently and doing 4 tags a week it should take us a little less than a month to reach floor 60 which will be good enough to get me Death Blossom, assuming we don't get shafted on floors too much. I still haven't started on Brave Blade. _orz
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

You know, all I can say to this is, you really don't need to bother. Death Blossom can give you everything Savage Blade possibly could, and then some.

.... But you do a fucking sweet ass flip!!!?!?!?!

Comment

You make a freaking magic rose explode on stuff. Even graphically, Death Blossom is ahead by a margin.
                Last edited by Yellow Mage; 04-24-2009, 10:25 PM. Reason: And before someone brings up sound, Death Blossom's is much more distinct than the sound of "Provoke-boom."
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Complete and utter lies. You just say that because it's goddamned impossible to be impressed by Savage Blade when it puts out such awful numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                    I had heard that hollow earring only increased the enspell damage of the person wearing the earring. Is that not the case?
                    Oh, I meant "speaking as a SCH it would be nice if people held onto weather dependent/enspell enhancing/etc gear"

But seeing as SCH is just about as rare as most DD jobs at the moment, I doubt that will ever happen.
                    sigpic

Comment

Death Blossom is the most pretty. Savage Blade done by a tarutaru looks most awesome. If you actually want to hurt something we should be talking about Vorpal Blade and Evisceration instead.

Actually, and this may only be true on DCs, but I've found True Strike with a Perdu Wand to output higher, more consistent numbers than my sword and dagger skills, even on mobs with neutral damage type modifiers.

Comment

I wish I could just get Vorpal natively, instead of having to sub a particular job in order to get it. But yeah, I knew that Savage Blade was nothing special (save for the hurtling through the air part). But I still want it!

The main quested skill I'm really interested in is Evisceration. That's on the list way before SB.

Comment

So, I've been skilling with friends on Steelshells in the tree. Dagger is at 210, Sword at 206. Anywhere I can skill solo? These steelshells are killable, but they are kind of a bitch for me solo. My LS says this is about it for me, but I wanted to double-check.

Comment

There's always campai- oh wait.

I don't think there's very much that's easier than Steelshells while still being high enough level to give you skillups. If your enhancing skill is good you might see if Korrigan are any easier.

Comment

Korrigans are a mite unfriendly and rip through shadows in seconds - plus the BSTs up in that area tend to want to charm them for Elder Goobuues. This is an established BST camp, so keep that in mind. Even if there's not a BST, there's still the need to claim one without linking then and then cross back over to the rabbit area without aggroing shells.

RMT THF and BLMs have their little spot on the way in to top floor, water area is generally for skillup/sleepga II and the area toward the cloister with the korrigans and Elders is where BSTs usually are.

In short, if you're going to deprive anyone of mobs up there, deprive the RMT since they deserve it. You can spot them by their painfully generic gear/race choices.

I still see people shouting every day to skill on steelshells in tree, so I don't see why one would have to force themselves to solo steelshells. I never had trouble getting a group for skillups there. Plus there's always the various besiegeds with Mamools and Trolls, just autofollow the least dangerous one and keep attacking.

Comment

My time is just not entirely my own right now. Sometimes I only have about 30 minutes to an hour, and solo skilling has been a good way to fill that time. I'll keep my eyes open for shouts to skillup, though. Shouldn't be much longer now anyway.

To clarify, I often have to log for about an hour but then get another little window to play. Just right for getting some skill (or leveling DRG) but not fantastic for group activities.

Comment

Working...
                                X