Tabard Fast Cast vs. Redingote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabard Fast Cast vs. Redingote

Does anyone know how the fast cast augment which can be applied to the Royal Redingote would compare to the 'Enhances Fast Cast' effect of the Duelist's Tabard?

Since I'm at work right now, I can't get to the sites where they might explain what % increase is bestowed by the tabard.

If I get fast cast on the Redingote, am I basically wasting that slot since I've already got a fast cast body piece?

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
    WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Re: Tabard Fast Cast vs. Redingote

Duelist's is 10%, casting 5% recast. Royal fuglyngote is 5%, 2.5% recast.

Which is good enough if people don't have acess to Duelist's, but a complete waste otherwise.

In my case since I already have the Tabard that armor piece feels like nothing but a waste to use for RDM. Then again it would probably make a decent casting piece for non-debuff magey stuff.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I was thinking of fast cast and m.acc for use on RDM and WHM, but I won't bother with fast cast since I already have relic body. Maybe M.Acc and MAB for Aspir/Drain/Holy/Repose/etc? I'm thinking more for WHM on this one. Or, I could go the lolMageHauby route, but I don't often find myself meleeing, and when I do, I can generally make up the acc in other slots (not to mention acc buffs w/ Composure and Auspice). That would leave me with Attack +10 and a casting buff, which gives me a piece of armor which is only useful 1/2 of the time...

Gah, I think the coselete would be wasted on my WAR, so that leaves the redingote which I could use on my other two 75s, but I can't find a good balance of augments which will enhance both jobs.

Comment

Aspir/Drain/Holy/Repose/etc?
        Of the spells listed, only Holy would be affected by MAB.

Comment

Thinking about it I'd probably go with MAB and M.Acc for it (not sure really as I'm not getting it for RDM anyway.) Because for meleeing there are many other pieces of armor that would do a similar job without sacrificing augments.

Worst case you could simply put it on hold (if possible) until you have another lvl75 job that can actually benefit from it.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
            Of the spells listed, only Holy would be affected by MAB.
            Well, that and all of my elemental nukes on RDM, right? This is good to know, actually, as I expected that MAB would give me better returns on Aspirs.

But, going back to MAB/M.Acc, can I really do better in a body slot for RDM nukes or Aspir/Drain/Repose/Holy on WHM? Would Errant be better for getting nice reliable aspirs and decent nukes on the few occasions that I nuke on RDM? Would I be better off getting fast cast or -enmity instead of MAB or M.Acc?

Or, do I scrap this entire line of thought and just go for Atk/Acc for fun soloing?

I don't know what to do!!!

Comment

INT does not affect Drain/Aspir. It's purely skill, I believe. Best body piece for those spells is Nashira Manteel.

I got the MAB/Macc, mostly for my SCH, but it sees use on my RDM for nukes, and on my WHM for Holy/Banish.

The melee piece is not a bad deal, if you don't feel like going out to take on Shen for Reverend Mail, and if you can't find any way to get better pieces for RDM. Really on some things you won't need the accuracy and you'd be better off TPing in the Goliard body because of the Haste. Not saying a mage body is a bad choice, but there seems to be better uses for it.

I struggled a bit with this, myself, but I realized my melee doesn't really need another piece (would just make me inventory -1 really).
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I've got my shrimp lantern, I just don't have a big enough friends list to take down Shen. I do plan on getting it some day, so I don't want to make the Redingote and Reverend Mail too similar, but instead have good uses for both.

Since I don't currently TP in an acc body (on WHM or RDM), I think I can go without. I was leaning toward Attack + Double Attack. I don't often dual weild (except on WAR), normally going /DNC for WHM and RDM solo. It seems like it would be fun to have DA ^^

Comment

Working...
                X