Times when it is a good idea for rdms to melee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Times when it is a good idea for rdms to melee

Fuck that, Redincoat + 10 acc/10atk for WHM and it's go time.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Was thinking about it, but I might also make a SMN body so I don't have to camp Shikigami Weapon.

Although, truth be told, the rare times I actually get to play SMN, the AF2 body works perfectly fine, and I can macro in Dalmatica for the Auto-Refresh after I've released the avatar.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Shikigami's really not that bad if you just do it also, and I'm sure you have the help available with your current shell.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Naw, no one wants to camp that shit lol. We camp enough crap as it is.

Really though, I play SMN maybe once every two weeks. If that. I don't think I'm really worried about gearing it. Or even skilling it up, lol.

So I might just make a Reverend Mail +1. XD
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Times when it is a good idea for rdms to melee
            Any situation applicable for a hybrid style job in groups of 6 or lower, excluding certain *NMs and Assaults.

If you can put in a DD PLD or a Dancer, you can fit in a front line Red Mage.

Trying to narrow down those situations is going to have you tripping over false misconceptions, including the TP issue which has been a non-issue since the end of 05.

Put bluntly, if it's Cannon Fodder, it's fair game. If it's Colossi, the only way you're seeing frontline action is tanking.

No matter what the case, you better be geared for it, or you're going to suck.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

I think there are some red mages who do a disservice to the job by saying that they are unable to do certain things such as melee or never have occasion to do so. In a way it's even worse than the general community making assumptions about our abilities because it comes straight from the horse's mouth. My point in the OP was mainly to point out to those people that there are situations in most aspects of the game where it is not only acceptable for a rdm to melee but an unambiguous good idea.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I also think that there are RDMs who don't know their Aquilo's Staff from their A**hole, but that's a different story altogether.
                The Tao of Ren
                FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                Originally posted by Kaeko
                As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Don't underestimate the guy nuking with his a**hole.
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                    Don't underestimate the guy nuking with his a**hole.
                    Sure, but only BLUs get Stinking Gas, and I thought this discussion was about RDM.
                    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Working...
                    X