Red Mage: Tarutaru or Hume?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Mage: Tarutaru or Hume?

My question is, should I play a tarutaru or a hume? I know I'll get a ring if I play Taru, but I also know I'll get loot that's better then the ring rather quickly.

The rings themselves an't really worth factoring into your decision anyways. If you truely wanted them, they become buyable with conquest points after rank 3.

Do humes have a big advantage over Taru in melee DPS as a red mage? What are the stat differences?
    There's not enough difference in race for it to matter. Tarutaru do wind up with a notable MP advantage, but a Hume winds up more durable, and yes, slightly more physical. Though, you're likley going to wind up getting into a lot of arguments if you intend on meleeing on Red Mage past 30.

I Roleplay- is it logical for a hume family to have settled in Windurst?
    There are hume NPCs living in windurst, a rather 'famous' artist is among them. It should be noted that in the plot of Vana'Diel that adventurers tend to work beyond the old social 'norms' of each nation, and represent the beginning of a culture blending that had the nations hesitant. (As per the Ballista storyline.)

In the end, play who you want, how you want. The great thing about FFXI is that the mechanics are flexible if you know how to play with them. It's only when you get into heavy endgame that you start requiring more specific things.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Working...
    X