returning to play RDM, status of the job role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• returning to play RDM, status of the job role

The itch has snuck up on me and im thinking about scratching it.

I started playing hmm around 2004 for a year, quit, came back 2006-2007 for a few months quit again after hitting 75 and now I want to return.

My only question is has rdm class changed drastically over the years or can i still depend on being the refresher/enfeebler/and occasional nuker/healer in the party? I just remember late nites in parties with my refresh cycle, macros, and gear switching in between enfeebles.

So yeah...still the same? i want to come back do some merits maybe lvl up another class etc.
    "A single lie unleashes a tide of disbelief."

Re: returning to play RDM, status of the job role

End game rdm for exp/merits? You're a healer and enfeebler in melee burn parties.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Status of RDM = Quo

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath on RDM doing anything new you didn't already do in a meripo before you quit. But there's maybe something new in the end-game scene for you.

Or just play another job if RDM has become to tedious and/or repetitive.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
        ------
        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

The short of it? Red Mage has literally not changed. Whatsoever. One bit. AT ALL. EVER.

. . . Okay, there was this one thing about Enspell Magic Accuracy, but that was mostly a SCH/RDM thing, anyway.
          Originally posted by Armando
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Originally posted by Armando
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

in a way thats comforting to know, i had no problem with the repetiveness of the class (heck my only class to 75) and i'd like not having to go through countless hit and miss parties if the gameplay mechanic of the rdm has changed somewhat

the job will fit like a glove then, i'll probably stay away from anything endgame as i just want to return to casual play at my own terms and will probably lvl another class for experimentation

ty for the responses
            "A single lie unleashes a tide of disbelief."

Comment

Working...
            X