My Evisceration story, and some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Evisceration story, and some questions

So, I get my dagger from 93 up to 231 in about 4 days of serious skill up grinding in The Boyahad Tree, and then proceed to get my Dagger of Trials from the Mithra in Kazham. This was at 0100 in the morning, when i finally got the dagger, so i logged and sleept. Next morning/day/evening, I did nothing but WS Monster's EP to Tough, until it finally broke. Got lucky and picked up by an alliance to kill the NM (Baronail Bat) and got my WS all that same day.

So after i take it out into the jungle just outside of kazham, and (First use hit for 806dmg, pwned) return to whitegate, I respond to a Shout for an assault mission in lebros cavern. "Excavation Duty", the one with the rock walls that need to be destroyed. The convo went like this:

/ sh : Private second class, assault, lebros cavern, excavation duty, 5/6 do you need it?
    / t *me* : I can go, rdm/blm or nin (meaing i could sub nin, and i'll aggre, that's misleading)
    / shouter : Nin please
    / me: Alright!

A few minutes go by, and they see me with like 600MP and are like this:

/ shouter: you got nin right?
    / me: I have /nin for rdm
    / shouter: >< we already have a rdm, we need a DD, thought you had Nin
    / me: Don't worry i can put out dmg.
    / party: ...silence...
    / shouter: we really need someone who can put out damage, cause the timing can be close on this one
    / me: i have blau/joy and evisceration and if it dosen't work i'll drop and you can find someone else
    / shouter: that's cool we'll try it.

O.K. here's my gear setup as Elvaan 75RDM/37NIN::

Main: Blau Dolch
    Sub: Joyeuse
    Ammo: Pestite Dart (still workin on getting something more useful for this slot...like..i don't know....White Thalum!)

Head: Walahra Turban (swap in Warlock Chapaeu for some longer spells, stoneskin, etc.)
    Neck: Chivalrous Chain
    L. Earring: Phantom earring
    R.Earring: Phantom Earring

Body: Narishma's vest (want an antarre's harness so bad)
    Hands: Dusk Gloves
    L. ring: Ecophoria Ring (liked the store TP, and ACC +4)
    R. ring: Sun Ring (real weak here, looking to get 1 Flame ring, and 2 Thunder ring's to macro in for WS)

Back: Amemet Mantle +1
    Waist: Potent Belt
    Legs: Vendor's Slops (i think that's them +25 HP and MP, +3 Acc +2 Mnd I think?)
    Feet: Errant shoes (still hoping for something a little better than Dusk's, maybe more towards the Magic side, to try and find that fine line of acceptable melee,magic mix)

So that's my Gear, and this is what I brought to the assault, and this is who else was partying
    75Sam
    75nin
    75brd
    75blm
    75Rdm
    75Rdm/nin *me*

Our first run we beat it with just under 5 min's to spare. I won't say I out did the other DD's *nin,sam* but i'll say i came awful damn close. With +7% haste, combined with +15% haste from spell, and Blau/joy combo I was a non-stop DOT machine, with spikes from Evisceration aprox every 1 1/2-2 mins. My evisceration's were hitting from 19-28 dmg each, and my regular attacks where hitting for 2 each time.

After this run the other RDM had to leave, *i think i surprised him* and instead of getting another i told the leader to get another DD, and we blew through the next 2 runs in and around 20 mins each. I hasted the other's while i Dia II'd the rock walls and it went so ultra smooth, 1 convert a run. Oh I was also using Carbonra, which is sorta expensive, but +5 Store TP is awesome.

So these are my questions, and here is my purpose: To solo, Tought's to VT's, and to possibly join meripo's as a haster/emergency sleeper/useful DD, so the back line slot could be reserved for just a bard, and have 5 DD's tearing through Birds/mamool

1. What gear should i look into aquiring, and why?
    2. How useful is DEX over STR when it comes to Evisceration?
    3. What feet would be best, other than Dusk?
    4. I know i can function in a meripo like this, question is will it be effecient to pull off Chain 20 and higher?

On a side note: I roll into meripo's as /blm with upwards of 800+ mp, and that's what works, i know, i simply ask because, F the norm.

Thanks for any CONSTRUCTIVE criticisim...spelling included.

Re: My Evisceration story, and some questions

I can't really add anything to your post. All I can say is, more power to ya!
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Working...
    X