RDM Equip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM Equip

I realise there are others threads detailing on which equip to use but I find it comes down to preference a lot and how much gil you have.

I just hit 70 and I like to know where I'm heading with my job but at the moment I don't really have a clue, I'm not swimming in gil, sky items are worth aiming for but I won't be getting any in the near future and my sea access is non existent seeing as I'm still working my way through CoP. Bearing this in mind I would like some advice on what to use, this is what I currently have:

Main: Joyeuse, All staves (Aquilo's the rest are NQ)
    Sub: Darksteel Buckler (I realise this is not special it's just what I bought at the time) Bugard Strap+1
    Ammo: Phantom Tathlum
    Head: AF1 Hat
    Neck: Beak Necklace
    Body: AF1 Body
    Hands: AF1 Gloves
    Legs: AF1 Trousers
    Feet: Af1 Boots
    Ears: Moldavite Earring, Antivenom Earring
    Rings: Astral, Electrum Ring
    Waist: Penitent's Rope
    Back: Lamia Mantle

I realise it's not especially great (hence why I'm asking for advice)
    When I hit 72 is Wise gear worth buying into? Errant Slops? I take part in Dynamis so AF2 will come as it wants to drop and at some point I would like to get a Loquacious Earring and Dalmatica but until I get rare/ex items or win the gil lottery what armour can I use which is half decent?

This post may be confusing.. I am a very confused rdm.. ^-^;

Re: RDM Equip

well RDM seldom stick to 1 set of gear. Ideally you will want at least for now 2 different set 1 for INT and 1 for MND.

this is what used pre sky/dyna gear although it is not the best it works great for me.

INT

Head- Warlock Chapeau(+3 int)
    Body - Warlock Tabard
    Neck - Enfeebling Torque
    Hands- Errant Cuffs(+5 int)
    Legs- Errant Slacks(+7 int/mnd)
    Feet- Errant Boots (didnt have a decent +INT boot)(+5 mnd)
    Ring- Hale Ring(+3 int/mnd)
    Ring- Zicron(+3 int)
    Ear- Morion X2(+1,+1 int)
    RNG- Morion Tath. (+1 int)

Thatll give you 24 Int for black magic enfeebls and +22 enfeebling skill

MND
    ill just list the changes to the above as some of the gear is the same.

Head- Errant Hat (+3 mnd)
    Hands- Zealot Mitts(+5 mnd)
    Ring2- Aqyamarine Ring(+3 mnd)
    Ear- Geist Earring x2(+1,+1 mnd)

With swapping in these peices you get +28 to MND.

based off these 2 sets you can work builing other combonations, for nuking healing, stoneskin casting .

sig courtesy tgm
    retired -08

Comment

Thanks for the Advice, I'm definately going to fork out for an enfeeb torque next because people keep telling me it's the best neckpiece to have. I'm certainly not looking forward to carrying around loads of equip x_x

Comment

time to get used to it. I run at 60-65/70 all the time (and thats sans melee gear)
        figure in 8-10 slots for neccesities (snk/inv pots, echo drops, food, RR, Warp etc)

and gear for kiting/MACC Nuking/enfeebling/enhancing/healing/convert/+hmp/MAB Nuking

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

Luckily I have maxed out Gobbiebag so I'll be fine :]

Comment

yep just save a couple slots for drops, at least in skysea/dyna, nothing sucks more than not being able to lot on something and having it drop elsewhere (damn you zipacana)

sig courtesy tgm
            retired -08

Comment

XD I'll bear that in mind!

Comment

Please tell me you don't use an Astral and Electrum Ring full-time. I know there's not a lot of competition for ring slots (depending on race), but some inexpensive +MND/+INT rings wouldn't set you far back. You could go after a Balrahn's Ring as well.

Depending on what you do on a regular basis, you could go after something like a Jelly Ring (might want to get some help on this unless you're really good at bindnuking). A Red Cape+1 won't set you back too much these days, as it's an Assault drop. And for sure you should pick up the Errant body, gloves, legs, and feet (skip the hat, there are better options).

Other stuff to consider are Devotee's Mitts when you're not nuking, spending some Imperial Standing for a Staff Grip and Walahra Turban, and by all means get yourself a Heirarch Belt, if only because of its +48MP for converting.

Icemage

Comment

You have good gear now and your Joytoy is uber, besides that consider this.

I play rdm and keep a macro for a few things most importantly are Mana macro, Nuke macro, healing macro and enfeelbing macro.

All the rdm AF has a mixed bag of elemental - healing - enfeebling macro and should be all tossed into the macro sets accordingly. You can use the torques to help out with this. Also your healing macro should have mind accessories in it just as your nuke macro should have int, either could use magic accuracy. Use your mana macro just before you convert for maximum affect. Oh yea a resting macro is usefull but at your lvl I doubt youll be doing much of that. So thats a total of 4 macro gear swaps you should consider getting gear for. Much of the gear you already have for this, obviously your af hat will be in your nuke, pants in healing, and AF shirt in enfeebling macro etc...

Aside from your party gear you may want to equip for sword action, solo play or whatever. Take into mind that Str and Mnd affect your sword WS, Dex helps your dagger WS. Also there is alot of Att+ stuff a rdm can wear. I tend to sport Blau/Enhancinig - AJ - Ohat - Dusk Gloves - Relic legs - Blood greaves - Warwolf belt - Chiv chain - some Att cape+1 - and whatever rings or earrings I feel like. On weaker mobs I tend to bust out Ogre hat+1 and sword belt+1 for the extra 24 att.

Hope this helps...
                  Apothecary Owner
                  Mithra
                  BLM 75
                  RDM 75

Comment

I'm afraid I was icemage XD Luckily a RDM in my linkshell took some time out to walk me through some equip changes I should be making, and told me to use my MP+ rings for convert only, I also got an Intensifying mantle for convert too.

I'm going to get some Marine F Gloves ASAP and I've bought some errant slops + wise pigaches for different macro changes until I get AFII. I've also picked up an Errant body and boots to marco in for some spells. Until I can get RSEII I'm using Errant Gloves and Wise Gloves for different macro sets. I want to get an Enfeeb torque and Jet trousers soonish. I should hit 72 in the next hour to start using this gear >_> When I do I'm going to get some MND + INT rings to macro in and such. It's so confusing but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. ^-^

Comment

Working...
                    X