Soloing the Rank 3 Dragon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soloing the Rank 3 Dragon?

Mission BCs wipe buffs now, quests do not(i.e. Divine Might will not, but individual Ark Angels will).

Edit: That's a crappy generalization probably. There are capped fights and uncapped. If it's capped, buffs will wear, if it's uncapped they won't. Fights such as ENMs and many missions are technically 'capped at 75', as opposed to uncapped, so buffs still wear.
    Last edited by Callisto; 01-22-2008, 02:01 PM.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Re: Soloing the Rank 3 Dragon?

Aksannyi, do you already have DRK to 25+ and NIN12+? (I'll mpk you if you say no btw)

If you do, you can go DRK/NIN and use bolts, you'll need Acid, Bloody and Sleep bolts. This is what I've done, although there are probably better strategies floating around.

First part:

This part of the fight is the most important and dangerous, since you'll want to get rid of the Eye asap while keeping the dragon out of it. Start the fight Sleeping the dragon and then use sleep bolts on it to keep it asleep (since they dont get interrupted and they rewrite sleep effect every time they hit).

I recomend using Great Axe for Sturmwind and Acid on the Eye so you can get rid of it asap. 2hr when you are at around 50% hp so you get healed and can use Last Resort at the same time.

The only thing that can mess things up is if you get petrified while using 2hr, but that rarely happens and you can retry as many times as you want anyway.

Second part:

Once the Eye is gone the rest is easy, get away from the Dragon (it walks very slowly) and use bloody and drain to recover hp, then Acid to deal dmg. Keep Utsu up at all times so when you get drawn-in you can run away from the dragon without getting hit. The rest is just kite and shoot whenever you can.

Edit > You can walk up to the dragon whenever you get enough TP and Sturmwind it for added dmg, Utsu is usually more than enough to go in use WS and get out. Just remember to draw your weapon before running in, and unlock target to run away right after using WS.

Good luck.
      Last edited by Raydeus; 01-22-2008, 02:04 PM.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
      X