Returning red mage need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Returning red mage need help

Hehe, I have this problem with my macros somedays, depending on what I been doing most of lately. I forget and/or get lost where I am in my macro pallettes ; ;

I have 2 pallette for standard backline stuff, 1 pallete for /nin or /drk solo, 1 for kiting with enmity gear, 1 for kiting when doing things like Sky NM's.

Still work in progress though!

Comment

Memorize which set number is the "current situation". Say, if you're currently on RDM/BLM, and that uses set #1, then you can switch to #1 like this:

Alt + Shift + 1
      (Or, Ctrl + Shift + 1 )

Whenever you think you may be in wrong set, or if lag is making switching set difficult, just do that, and you're instantly at the correct set.
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Is this for the new macro book thing?

Good idea that, once I finally stop procrastinating and sort my macros.

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
          Is this for the new macro book thing?
          Nope. It doesn't switch "Book"; just switch "set" instead. I don't know of any way to switch between books except from the Macro menu or typing out stuff like: /macro book 1

- Mugaku

Comment

wow I didnt know this >.>;

thanks!

Comment

I didn't know about that either ..
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

If anyone besides myself plays with a controller accessing macros from the shoulder paddles, you can scroll through your macro sets by holding the shoulder paddle and pressing the d-pad up or down. It'll switch to the adjacent macro set in that direction. It's how I used to set things up if I wanted a main macro set and a sub macro set for a situation (I'd put equipment swaps, hMP, Convert, Chainspell etc. in those adjacent sets.).
                There will be cake.

Comment

I used to activate macros only from keyboards, until I found out that controller's shoulder buttons (or the equivalent for my PC's controller) brings up the pallets faster. Normally, the speed difference is minimal (to a slow twitch person like me), but in low frame rate situations (two+ parties in camp), it really does make a difference.

The only bad part about it is that switching between sets is slower on a controller, and rather hazardously uneven in speed in laggy places (like Dynamis >_< ). For that, the keyboard can switch between much more accurately, and thus faster. *sigh*

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                    I used to activate macros only from keyboards, until I found out that controller's shoulder buttons (or the equivalent for my PC's controller) brings up the pallets faster. Normally, the speed difference is minimal (to a slow twitch person like me), but in low frame rate situations (two+ parties in camp), it really does make a difference.

The only bad part about it is that switching between sets is slower on a controller, and rather hazardously uneven in speed in laggy places (like Dynamis >_< ). For that, the keyboard can switch between much more accurately, and thus faster. *sigh*
                    I think you may be mistaking how the PC operates, or I am misreading what you are saying. You don't have to hold the control or alt key until the macro pallete appears, to press the corresponding number. A simple quick control 1 will instantly fire off whatever macro is in that slot without the pallette appearing. So there is no need to actualy bring up the pallette unless you are wanting to see what it is you are selecting.

If you need to see your pallette before firing off your macro, to make sure your hitting the right one. Then yeah it is slower to bring up the onscreen display. So if you are not used to your pallete and you need to read the macro name before you hit it, you would see the speed difference.

I've always found it slower to access macro's on the controller for myself. Press shoulder then scroll to the macro you want and press a/x? No thanks. I press 1 button that corresponds to the macro on my nostromo and it goes. Or if i'm being lazy and in a slower party just press the control or alt combo on the kb to launch my macro.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilazar View Post
                      I've always found it slower to access macro's on the controller for myself. Press shoulder then scroll to the macro you want and press a/x? No thanks. I press 1 button that corresponds to the macro on my nostromo and it goes. Or if i'm being lazy and in a slower party just press the control or alt combo on the kb to launch my macro.
                      I think it is without a doubt slower to use a controller in reference to simply using macros, but because the UI and game were designed with the controller in mind, I've never found it to be a hindrance.

Since last playing a few years ago, I bought a ZBoard Fang that I may try with it. But again, the game is at such a pace and designed in such a way that the controller has never made me less effective (to the contrary, actually).
                      There will be cake.

Comment

Oh I never said it makes anyone less effective :D

Some people are wiz on the controller. I was just pointing out that keyboard control combo's are instant and do not require you to wait for th onscreen pallette to pop up before you can press the corresponding macro number.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilazar View Post
                          I think you may be mistaking how the PC operates, or I am misreading what you are saying. You don't have to hold the control or alt key until the macro pallete appears, to press the corresponding number. A simple quick control 1 will instantly fire off whatever macro is in that slot without the pallette appearing. So there is no need to actualy bring up the pallette unless you are wanting to see what it is you are selecting.
                          When the frame rate is good, it behaves exactly as you say, <ctrl> <1>, and boom, it fires. However, for whatever the reason, if I press <ctrl> <1> fast under low frame rate situation, I'd often enter a "1" in the chat box instead of activating a macro.

With a controller, I never accidentally enter "1" instead of getting a macro off, so I don't have to tap escape key to erase the "1" and retry the macro again. Every time I don't have do that, it's a 1-3 seconds saved, depending on the UI lag. As I've said, I used to only activate macros from keyboard, then I switched over to controller--it's just works better for me.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                            When the frame rate is good, it behaves exactly as you say, <ctrl> <1>, and boom, it fires. However, for whatever the reason, if I press <ctrl> <1> fast under low frame rate situation, I'd often enter a "1" in the chat box instead of activating a macro.

Ahh i know what you are refering too. I had this problem when I built my macro's for my nostromo, and found it happend due recording the macro and releaseing the # key last instead of before the control key.

I can see why that would happen alot in a low frame rate session when you are useing keyboard. I eliminated the issue with my nostromo by editing the delays in my recorded macro's and arranging it so that the # or Letter in the control/alt combination was pressed second and released first. No matter what frame rate I'm running at, my macro's always fire off instant when pressed.

Comment

Working...
                            X