Just started again as RDM and I have some worries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started again as RDM and I have some worries

I just started playing again today from scratch and I'm going RDM. I haven't reached any level of any significance of course (lvl 6), but I'm wondering how RDM are viewed by parties pre-Refresh.

I know back when I played at release a lot of groups didn't value RDM too much and usually only invited them if no WHM were available.

Has the stigma changed much in general since then?

Kibo (Asura): RDM 6 ::cwy::

Re: Just started again as RDM and I have some worries

Well I can't speak for everyone else, but personally, when I was leveling WHM through the lower levels, I was ecstatic to have someone else taking care of debuffing while I could concentrate on healing. I can't tell you what it was like leveling as RDM way back when because I can't really remember. I do remember that I was RDM/WAR at the time, and now it's hard to believe that I ever got any invites, lol.

I don't think it's that bad, there is a shortage of healers a lot of times anyway so you might get parties just for that aspect.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I guess at the very low levels, RDM isn't valued as much as WHM. That said, people generally aren't that picky in lower ranges; it's pretty much get one tank, one main healer, one backup healer/support, then fill out the rest of the party with random DD/jobs.

A RDM/WHM does just fine as main healer or backup healer/support, so that means two spots you have a shot at.

You want stigma? Try PUP. >_> <_<
      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

When I make a party
        - before 30, Rdm is a nice healer. I prefer them to back-up heal with another Whm, but they can be main healer too.
        - between 32-39, dispel is a whole new reason to invite Rdm.
        - I expect Rdm to enfeeble at all levels.

Rdm fills in any party nicely even before dispel. Altho I don't like Rdm DDing so much.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
        X