Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any successful Taru rdm out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any successful Taru rdm out there?

Hey all I am a taruTaru and I really love the class but dont want to gimp myself by being a taru rdm due to the fact I hear they have lowest hp plus I want to lvl all jobs with this guy so Please let me know. Thanks...

Re: Are there any successful Taru rdm out there?

There are plenty. Taru make great RDMs. I don't want to get into a discussion of what job is "best", because that never goes well, but suffice it to say that you'll have all the necessary tools to be a great RDM as a Taru.

Comment

Um, Taru RDM are far from gimp, you guys actually have it easy and many consider Taru RDM to be the best. For RDM you have tons of MP, so you need less work to accomplish an equal Convert HP:MP ratio. If your leveling all jobs then some jobs like mage jobs will be easier, while melee jobs will require certain equipment like +HP or +STR to counteract the lower than average melee stats Taru have.

But once you get the hang of the game and the mechanics the race issue isn't even a problem.
      Cleverness - Hades
      75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
      DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Search up Avesta on any forums or any videos.
        He's the best rdm tarutaru that I know of.
        He's on my server too... too bad I don't talk to him.
        Hacked on 9/9/09
        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

tar and feather the blasphemer!
          praise Jei! praise Grendal!

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

No, I don't think there are any Taru RDM around here.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Erm, yeah Jei/Jaza, Apple Pie/Grendal, Avesta, Icemage and myself all play tarutaru rdms. Varying degrees of fame and success there.

There's really no such thing as a gimp race for rdm, though galka may have a harder time making up for their naturally lower mp. As a taru you'd gear yourself differently than another race to reach the magical 1:1 convert ratio and make up for your naturally lower mnd, but there's no reason you can't be just as good or better than any other rdm.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                No, I don't think there are any Taru RDM around here.
                Oh what? Tarutaru Red Mage is a myth?

*poke nt* hey when are you going to play full time again? haha I'm getting broke, let's do some bcnm runs!
                Hacked on 9/9/09
                FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast View Post
                  Oh what? Tarutaru Red Mage is a myth?
                  Yes. I've never played this game.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

lol Stop confusing people. People have a hard enough time getting into and understanding this game without having to analayze when no means yes. XD
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I'm a tarutaru rdm /
                      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Taru RDMs are really only disadvantaged in MND, but that's very easy to overcome. And unlike other races, Taru RDM gets much more milage out of AF, while other races have to turn to RSE to get their MP up.

A good way around the MND issue is Goblin mushpots, which you can buy in the goblin's shop in Jeuno - cheap food, lasts three hours, gives +10 mind. It only sucks if you have a melee job, since you have to wait a while for it to wear off.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                          Taru RDMs are really only disadvantaged in MND, but that's very easy to overcome. And unlike other races, Taru RDM gets much more milage out of AF, while other races have to turn to RSE to get their MP up.

A good way around the MND issue is Goblin mushpots, which you can buy in the goblin's shop in Jeuno - cheap food, lasts three hours, gives +10 mind. It only sucks if you have a melee job, since you have to wait a while for it to wear off.
                          Not even. You can talk to the tarutaru in Jeuno that casts brown magic on you and removes any food effect.
                          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

MND's effect is so minimal I don't think you should really worry about it.

Managing your MP and knowing when to cast your spell are far more important for becoming a good Rdm. You'll need a lot of concentration.
                            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I wont allow Avesta to hold the record for worlds best Taru Rdm until they step forward and are tested for steroids.. til then in the books its now Avesta*

All joking aside now. It doesnt matter nowadays what job/race you are anymore. There is a ton of gear that helps jobs be better in all departments..

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Working...
                              X