No announcement yet.

Can any exp redmage answer this please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can any exp redmage answer this please?

Rdm tank fafnir by /nin with utsusemi, tons of +enmity and -damage gears, and spam debuff spells to keep hate. Dispel especially can call quite a lot of hate.

I don't think Rdm tanking is anything to be nerfed tho. You can't steal mobs the way Mazurka could. So it never harms any body else.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Agreed Jei. Mazurka was abused by nin/brd. Was fun to watch though. Rdm get access to natural Magic Def Bonus (though you shouldn't be caught by breath), plus a fair bit of -phys damage down. Though with Shadows/Stoneskin/Phalanx, you don't really get hit that much. Dispel I believe works out about 1/3 of a voke. Certainly, dispel a mob a few times, and see how hard it is for the tank to pull hate back - they generally have to use all their tools.

If you nerf rdm/nin, you will break the whole ethos of what SE sees rdm as - as jack of all trades. It appears they like the fact that we can solo, so to change that... possible, but not very likely. I actually wonder if SE intended it - lets face it, rdm is pretty much the only mage that doesn't get access to -emnity gear from their AF - they have to go looking for it.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

They cannot nerf RDM/NIN without nerfing /NIN, which SE will never do.

Comment

Q) Is MP a problem when main healing as RDM?
          A) It can be. It really depends on your party set-up, the tank(s) skill, and your level. As well as your equipment, skill, and items. Sometimes you'll get a party where nobody is really a tank, just a bunch of damage dealers with provoke. You have cure, so you get made the healer, just like they get made the tank.
          Leveling your cooking skill up to be able to make your own pinapple juice is a good idea. It helps keep your MP up and is fairly cheap to make. Ginger cookies are inexpensive (as cheap as 11 gil a cookie) and make it so you get more MP back while resting. Keeping debuffs on monsters will also help your MP by reducing the amount of damage the tank takes.

Hmmm .... I thought, REFRESH over rides juice benifits and therefor is a waste Am i misinformed ?
          Not all those who wonder, are lost !

Comment

Working...
          X