RDM worth it or NOT worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM worth it or NOT worth it?

Ok for some reason alot of people on my linkshell thank that red mage is hard and they say I will hate it buy level 50. Because you have to suck up to all the people that dont even use you for the right perpose, if you want to party. So, is that true or not? Should I change jobs is it not really that worth it to get pushed around like some prick? thanks!
    Yes, it is worth it
    51.79%
    No, it is not with it
    5.36%
    Do what you want its your character not theirs!
    41.07%
    No its not just give up now you will hate it in the end...
    1.79%
    Only the sick and twisted piss me off, but they also turn me on when they hurt me.

-Shroo

Re: RDM worth it or NOT worth it?

Do what you enjoy, damn what anyone else thinks.

Comment

No, you have it backwards. You don't have to suck up to them to get a party, they have to suck up to you. A party falls apart without a Red Mage, so in the end ,they have to flex around you.

Comment

If you enjoy a certain job, than stick with it. As a RDM, there will be times when a party may ask you to do a different role than normal, but for the most part, as a RDM you will enjoy it(at least if you enjoy it upto now)
        u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Comment

The only thing you really will start hating later on is the RDM dynamis drop rate.

D:

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
            No, you have it backwards. You don't have to suck up to them to get a party, they have to suck up to you. A party falls apart without a Red Mage, so in the end ,they have to flex around you.
            Yes.

You'll run into people that'll hassle you for dispel, or haste, or refresh, but that's pretty much true for any job that performs a vital role in the party. Ultimately, you could run around with a gimp dragoon sub and be a jerk to everyone and you'd still get invites because refresh plays such an indispensable role in modern parties.

The real question is whether you'll like the job itself or not. The rdm job asks you to be very flexible in your playing style, and at the same time gets very repetetive in the 40s when you start needing to maintain cycles of buffs.

If you think you'll like it, play it, and if you stop liking it, stop playing it. It's a game; there's no such thing as wasting time as long as you had fun doing it. If you decide to go with another job as your main, the lessons learned from playing rdm will make you better at it, and rdm can be a useful subjob for pld, blm and blu.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

ah ok thank you, Lago for that information that makes alot of sense, I never really thought about it that way. Also, thank you to everyone else, I will stay a rdm then screw what everyone else thanks! as long as I have fun doing it.
              Only the sick and twisted piss me off, but they also turn me on when they hurt me.

-Shroo

Comment

I have found that RDM isn't really worth it. Get out now while you have the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                  I have found that RDM isn't really worth it. Get out now while you have the chance.
                  Dude, playing RDM changed my love life. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                    If RDM was so requisiste, then why do we have COR and BRD to fill the same obligations?

If you're going to pick a job, don't pick it for the invite rate.
                    If you're going to pick a job, don't pick it for the solo hype.
                    If you're going to pick a job, don't pick it for the sake of utility.

Pick a job because you enjoy it, otherwise you'll get burnt out on the job no matter what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                      If RDM was so requisiste, then why do we have COR and BRD to fill the same obligations?
                      Because SE knew not everyone was going to be awesome enough to play RDM, so they threw a bone to those that weren't but still wanted to fill just the support role that RDM does.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Honestly though, cors and brds are so rare in comparison to rdms so usually we fill the refresh slot. At least, last time I checked they were. At the time I remember hearing people complain in LS about there being 4 brds seeking in dunes and no whms. So maybe now there's a bunch more bards running around.

The rest of your post I agree with of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                          Honestly though, cors and brds are so rare in comparison to rdms so usually we fill the refresh slot. At least, last time I checked they were. At the time I remember hearing people complain in LS about there being 4 brds seeking in dunes and no whms. So maybe now there's a bunch more bards running around.

The rest of your post I agree with of course.
                          Abundance of RDM - which I find questionable - doens't make them more or less indespinsable than COR or BRD. I'd say at any given time Titan has 250 RDM, 50 BRD and 15 COR.

Most of the RDM are AFK at any given time so the 250 on /search quickly becomes 50 likely in a PT or endgame zone. That almost puts them at ratio with BRD

Comment

haha Hey at least us rdms have the courtesy to snub you before the party even starts. I'm not some DC-faking brd y'know. ;p I'd make a snide generalization about cors but there's not enough of them to stereotype. ;3

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                              haha Hey at least us rdms have the courtesy to snub you before the party even starts. I'm not some DC-faking brd y'know.
                              or even a COR with a chip on their shoulder.

Taskmage is just plain awesome enough to be a RDM.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X