Equipment Dilemma for a low level RDM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Equipment Dilemma for a low level RDM

I don't really want to get into that debate. But I will personally do whatever a party wants me to, within reason. It's better than standing around staring at my mog, and it keeps me on my toes.

Comment

Likewise.

My RDM is 63 (and its taking forever to get to 64 ><)...

I have only been asked to main heal a few times (estimate around 15%)and even then, I make it clear that I will be /BLM since my WHM is still underlvled. So no -na's or -ra's, if the pt leader doesnt like it then dont invite - not had that yet though.

Seriously gonna hafta lvl it soon....Im so good at putting it off though :p

Comment

Why haven't you leveled /WHM?

Comment

Im procrastinating.

I will do it.

Soon.

*runs and hides*

Comment

You WILL need it when you get to 75. It'll be so much easier for you if you have it done before you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Draconi View Post
              Maybe I'm the exception, but I have subbed BLM much more often than WHM. I will sub WHM when I am main healer, but otherwise, it's usually BLM.
              A few of the benefits of BLM sub are:
              * More MP than with WHM sub.
              * Elemental Seal for hard-to-land enfeebles, and emergency sleep situations
              * Drain & Aspir is nice once you get to the level where the gain overcomes the MP cost
              * Elemental Debuffs (these are under-estimated and under-utilized, IMO)
              * Clear Mind (faster MP healing)
              * Conserve MP (less MP used)
              * Escape (I use this more on missions than in EXP parties)
              Just a note; Clear mind from sub doesn't stack with clear mind from main job. The only level that subbing BLM gives RDM clear mind that they didn't already have is level 30, since RDMs get clear mind at 31.

I'm not looking forward to my RDM gear sets when my RDM gets higher level. I've been leveling it off and on lately... At 32 I have an hMP gear set, an INT set, and a MND set. At 40 I'll have an MP set... and at higher levels I'll have an enfeebling magic set, maybe. I have enfeebling merits, so I don't know if I'll ever really need much enfeebling magic gear.

And I thought that my SMN and MNK had a lot of gear swaps. ._.
              Generic Info!

Comment

Went and bought Light, Dark, Earth, Wind and Ice Staffs and put them in my Mog Locker, wanted to get them now before I hit 51 so I dont accidently overspend money.

And while I do plan on leveling my BLM sub, WHM obviously takes priority since I've used it more and its really not a bad sub for RDM. As said, I static with a PLD atm, and there are times when I just can't find a WHM to main heal. Plus the extra MND is helpful for landing my MND based enfeebs. I still haven't gone to get my Aspir scroll(gonna get my Windy fame up this weekend since Bastok is first).

But yea, I end up having to main heal in between my Refresh cycle and Enfeeb cycle, and although I don't enjoy it since in this situation I REALLY end up needing the Convert every 10 minutes, while likewise with a WHM I just Enfeeb, Refresh, throw a MB every SC, heal the other melees with Refresh, and basically rest in between. I didn't even need Convert, and we never stopped pulling in my last party until the puller thought "hey, lets get an Exoray", and he grabbed an IT++ one and although we all lived, he broke our chain ;_;

Also, is there any RELIABLE way to get a Refresh message up? I tried putting /echo and /recast lines in my Refresh macro, but if I use another macro it never executes, so I end up having to second guess when its ready if I'm not casting spells in between. I don't really want to spam my Check macro(lists abunch of /recast like Divine Seal, Convert, etc) every 20ish seconds during my Refresh cycle >_>.
                Cleverness - Hades
                75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Unfortunately it is how it works in FFXI - if you use another macro it will cancel out the old one, so you wont see the recast times.

I dedicate 1 macro slot with a list of recasts, that I hit whenever I need to see them, instead of relying too much on the ones i set in my other macros.

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
                    Also, is there any RELIABLE way to get a Refresh message up? I tried putting /echo and /recast lines in my Refresh macro, but if I use another macro it never executes, so I end up having to second guess when its ready if I'm not casting spells in between. I don't really want to spam my Check macro(lists abunch of /recast like Divine Seal, Convert, etc) every 20ish seconds during my Refresh cycle >_>.
                    Sadly, no. (Which is why I wrote "/wait 5 or longer is not useful; a good Red Mage is too busy to be waiting on a macro's long /wait time" in my Red Mage Macros post.)

What I do is have is /recast "Refresh" as the first line in my Refresh macro, so it'd tell me how many seconds left. (I usually cast Refresh, one or two other spells, then Refresh's recast timer would be up or close to it anyway. Refresh/Haste/Refresh/..., Refresh/Slow/Paralyze/Refresh/..., Refresh/Dia II/Regen/Refresh/... , etc.)

You can also Haste yourself to shorten the recast time, giving yourself some leeway to catch up if you ever fall slightly behind.
                    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
                      Cast refresh on yourself.
                      Cast 2 spells
                      Cast Refresh on tank
                      Cast 2 spells
                      Cast Refresh on WHM
                      Cast 2 spells
                      Cast Refresh on BLM

etc...

Recast for Refresh gives you time to cast 2 spells in between. Also, stick to that and you'll know exactly when to start your cycle again.
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                      X