Main: E. Staff (macroed in)
    Ammo: Morion Tathlum
    Head: Warlocks Chapeu
    Hands: Magna Gauntlets
    Body: Warlocks Tabard
    Legs: Warlocks Tights
    Feet: Magna Ledlesens
    Back: Red Cape +1
    Rings: Saintly x 2 or Eremite x2 or Electrum x2 (macroed in)
    Earrings: Black Earring x2
    Neck: Justice Badge or Blacksilk Neckercheif (macroed in)
    Waist: Forest Stone

Soloing/Melee

Main: WWA x2 or HornetNeedle + Dst Baselard
    Head: Cotton Headband
    Hands/Body/Head/Legs/Feet: Warlocks Set
    Back: Night Cape
    Neck: Spike Necklace
    Rings: Fencing Ring + Garnet Ring
    Earrings: ??
    Waist: ??

Partying set is pretty much what I came up with, would like improvements if need be.

Solo set is just "off the top of my head" so there are likely improvements here...and I know I could go for Empress Hairpin but I just cant get the damn Fly to pop

Thanks

ps What do I need to save up for between 60-65? I have seen the Spider/Enfeebling Torque, which I will have to buy, that will take some doing XD Anything else?

Re: Equip at 60 for Elvaan RDM

Instead of Forest Stone, I would go for Penitent's Rope - +5 mnd and int in one rope. =)

You can save for the upgrades to RSE boots and gloves, called Wood instead of Magna, they are level 62. Legs - I prefer the magic cuisses over AF legs, but some may go for AF.

Look to upgrading your rings, the level 54 NQ ones are an upgrade.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Hey Kirst, how you been?

Just took a look at those Wood sets, they look very nice. But damn they are expensive!! Looks like I may have to arrange the BCNM...somehow.

I have the Magic Cuisses already, so I may just go with them for now, seeming as funds are tight.

Thanks

Comment

The hands one can be - interesting if you don't have people that are on the ball. Never done the boots. And holy crap the male gear is like 5 times the price of the female gear. O.o At that, I would replace when I can, don't go all out for it.

I'm ok, heading on for 2/3 of the way towards my noble's tunic. Just still majorly annoyed that it happened to me. Still, firmly back on my feet now.

"As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Is the noble's Tunic the white one I see some RDM's wearing? Iv been meaning to ask that.

I knew it wouldnt take you long to get back on your feet, hell if that happened to me I would quit the game full stop XD

One strange thing is, how come I know so little higher level people in this game? Is by chance that both my LS's are limited in higher level players?

I am trying to get just 3 other 50ish players along with me to Garliage so I can find the coffer for my AF, and even thats been a challenge.

Comment

Nobles Tunic is WHM JSE
            What you're talking about is probably this:

Errant Houppelande
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Hmmm, hard to tell from that picture. I see at least one everytime Im in Jeuno or WG so Ill remember to do a /check next time.

Now i'm going to look at RDM's JSE

Comment

Don't. Just - don't. AF1 body > rdm JSE. Plus is looks very very silly.

It is probably the Errant's you see rdm in. When I could wear it, after so many levels of red, it was my town gear, as it looks different!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena View Post
                  Don't. Just - don't. AF1 body > rdm JSE. Plus is looks very very silly.
                  It is probably the Errant's you see rdm in. When I could wear it, after so many levels of red, it was my town gear, as it looks different!
                  Damnit, I like Wise gear. I don't use it for EXP parties though.

Anyway, Wise (RDM JSE):

Errant:

Thumbnails have clicky goodness.

Ok, I really need to be more on topic. Only pieces of gear I went out of my way to get between 60 and 72 was a Spider Torque (farmed) and the Penitents rope. Other then that I was wearing AF and pretty much what I had through the 50's. Cunning and Geist Earring, Aquamarine Ring x2, Red Cape +1, stuff like that.
                  Last edited by Mhurron; 02-19-2007, 06:26 AM.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Errant is the one!!

Comment

Mhurron, yer mog locker expired...

And I never use the wise set, so I just never bothered. Stats are teh suck for me. But each to their own

Errant is much though.

Comment

When would Errant be more beneficial than AF?

I'm starting to get confused at these higher levels where there seems to be so much more available >.<

AF, RSE, Errants, Duelist's, (anymore?)

grrr

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena View Post
                          Mhurron, yer mog locker expired...
                          And I never use the wise set, so I just never bothered. Stats are teh suck for me. But each to their own
                          Errant is much though.
                          It expired a long time ago, I haven't been able to log on since Nov 20, I never used it much anyway.

I used Wise in place of the 3 not-so-super-awesome AF pieces (feet, legs, hands) when EXPing for a different look and the full set when in skill up parties. I use either Errant or AF body (depending on the mobs resistance to enfeebles) and my AF hat for anything when I'm enfeebling anything. I don't do much Soloing so I don't really have any good solo gear.

But keep telling everyone Wise is no good, I look even more unique running through cities then :p

loose

Comment

Mithra RDM, At 62 this is my strat

Main: E. Staff (macroed in) all NP and 1+ ice drk wind
                            Head: Warlocks Chap
                            Hands: Sly gauntlets/devo mitts <macro>
                            Body: Warlocks Tabard/ floral cote <convert macros>
                            Legs: Warlocks Tights/magic cuis/RS1 Legs <vert macros>
                            Feet: River gaiters <drool>
                            Back: Red Cape +1
                            Rings: 54 int and mnd macroed Electrum x2 (macroed in for vert)
                            Earrings: Moldy earring <get it soon>, elemental earring
                            If you cant atleast get a pair of cunning earrings
                            Neck: Promis Badge/Philo stole (macroed in)
                            Waist: Pent rope
                            Solo/Melee
                            Main: Gold Sword/WWA
                            Head: Emp pin/Warlocks Chapeau
                            Hands: Carapace <uber der>
                            Body: Carapace
                            Legs: Carapace
                            Feet: Leaping Boots
                            Back: bat cape
                            Neck: Spike neck
                            Waist: Life Belt
                            P.S Iam a Macro nut, if you look directly at me in a xp PT you stand a good chance of having a seizure.

Comment

Originally posted by hongman View Post
                              When would Errant be more beneficial than AF?
                              I'm starting to get confused at these higher levels where there seems to be so much more available >.<
                              AF, RSE, Errants, Duelist's, (anymore?)
                              grrr
                              Get used to making a lot of /equip macros... :D

As far as errant vs. AF goes, the errant legs are among the most useful legs in the game for RDM. I think most RDMs would agree that the Nashira legs are probably THE most sought-after leg equipment for enfeebles, but it's incredibly rare and it requires sea access plus at least 3 weeks' worth of Limbus runs to even get a CHANCE for it to drop. So as far as your other options go, errant is a very nice choice. I currently use Jet Seraweels as an elvaan RDM, but the difference is very minor and probably not *really* worth all the extra gil, except I hate the look of the errant legs SO MUCH that I was okay with it.

The errant hands are quite useful, as the offer +5 INT, and if you're not a citizen of Windurst and can't get your hands on the elusive Master Caster's Bracelets, they are definately one of your better options. The RSE2 (Wood) set which was previously discussed for Elvaan also offers +5 INT, and it offers +55MP instead of +20 as well, so if you have the spare gil, you might want to stick with RSE2. If not, errant will perform quite nicely. Wise hands are actually nice to have for macroing into MND based enfeebles like para & slow. I actually use Nashira gages in this slot, but again, the same exact things apply to the gages as what I said about the legs earlier, except add to it as well that most linkshells that do Limbus aren't going to let you get your hands on Nashira gages until all the summoners already have theirs. Lucky me, summoner is my main job and the gloves just happened to also be useful for RDM as well.

The errant feet offer +5MND, which again is good for MND based enfeebles. Again, this is a slot where you may want to consider also getting the Wise piece or the RSE2 (Wood) piece and macro-swapping for MND and INT based spells. I personally use RSE2 and Duelist's, and it's mostly a space constraint issue. Duelist's Boots are great for the occassional nuke that has to be thrown on a rogue statue in Dynamis because they offer magic attack bonus, and they also give +4MND. Carrying errant as well is just not worth it to me for the extra +1MND, but Duelist's Boots take some time to acquire and some commitment to Dynamis, while errant pigaches are pretty inexpensive and easy to get hold of.

The errant body offers +10MND, +10INT, and +5 to MP recovered while resting. There are a couple of other body pieces that give +5 to MP recovered while resting for RDM. It's a great piece. The other pieces that offer additional MP while resting are time consuming to get. The yigit body is technically "free," but obviously it takes a lot of time doing assaults to come up with 20k points in one area. The warlock's tabard+1 requires sea access to obtain. Errant is superior to MOST RDM-equippable body pieces in terms of nuking, with the exceptions of Yigit and Morrigan's (and I don't know anybody with any Morrigan pieces yet). You'll want to continue using your Warlock's Tabard for enfeebling most of the time, but errant definately has its uses.

I don't know that the errant hat is especially useful for anyone. Stick with your AF hat full-time there, unless you're INCREDIBLY nitpicky.
                              召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
                              San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Working...
                              X