Maat Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maat Fight

Hi i'm a 67 Hume Red Mage and i plan on fighting maat on Winday (Aero III will be at strongest) do you have any tips for me when i go in as RDM 70?

Thank You
    Srxjo
    "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
    "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
    "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Re: Maat Fight

Go on Darksday. Have a Pro-ether or something. Go in fast and sleep him before he does many buffs. Blind and paralyze him if you can. Nuke and sleep until your sure you can do a chainspell-Aero3 and kill him with almost full MP. Once you get to that point, convert, heal and Chainspell-Aero3 him but keep an eye on resists because if you have too many you'll need to sleep him again. This is where you'll need the MP restore med you took in.

I've never seen silence land on him, bind never lasted long enough for me to even finish casting Aero 3.

Don't panic and don't go in expecting to win the first time. Fight like you will but don't be too upset if you don't win the first time.

Oh and if you can get your hands on some Master Casters bracelets and either the Spider or Enfeebling Torque.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

elemental torque would help too, if you can afford it.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I'm looking forward to this fight. Just a few more levels before I'm going to give it a go.

I'm thinking about going in a few exp from 70 with an exp item, but that's probably not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
          I'm looking forward to this fight. Just a few more levels before I'm going to give it a go.

I'm thinking about going in a few exp from 70 with an exp item, but that's probably not necessary.
          If you wanted to use this tactic, you could theoretically beat him at 65-66. You'll have double the hp/mp and all of the useful spells, no? (Unless Aero III is a 67 spell)
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Turn the BCNM music up really loud, it adds to the tension.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
              (Unless Aero III is a 67 spell)
              RDM gets Aero 3 at 69.

The EXP item trick is kind of cheap though.

loose

Comment

Aero III is 69, Mog.

Mhurron - Agreed, which is why I would rather just do it the "normal" way. I don't want to go through the trouble to get an exp item anyway.

Comment

When I helped my friend, his elemental skill was lowly 130... Yet Maat didn't resist aero III even once.
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

My elemental skill is @ 210 anyway, so I'm cool. Should be fine for Maat.

Comment

Also, keep your distance. Use Bind and Gravity. The time he spends running to you is the time he's not casting or pummeling you. Every bits help

If you haven't done so, try to at least have corresponding staves to the spells you are going to use. Dark (Sleep), Wind (Aero, Grav), Ice (Bind) are highly recommended.

(Scooped by Murphie) Another useful trick is to find a Miratete's Memoirs xp to level 69 until you're about 500 tnl. Then use it when you're short of mp. Bam, level up and free tank of mp.

And like others have said, don't expect to win on the first try, but give it your all anyway. That way, you will learn what need to be improved.

Good luck. Don't fret if you lose the first time. RDM Maat fight is among (if not THE) hardest Maat fight.
                      Feona - Leviathan Server - Bastok 10
                      RDM75/BLU75/WHM58/etc.

Comment

I tried my 1st attempt at Maat on Windsday because I wanted all the extra damage I could get. I borrowed a HQ Wind Staff and the Ugly-googa-mooga Pendant for some extra MAB. I was landing some big Aero IIIs, but when it came down to Sleeping the Old Bastard to Convert, he resisted Sleep 3 times before he slapped me to the mat.

My 2nd trip I went in on Darksday, slept him with no problem, and he only resisted 1 of my Aero IIIs. The fight was easy as hell, but despite that fact it didn't stop my heart from trying to pound through my chest. lol

Originally posted by Fortman
                        And like others have said, don't expect to win on the first try, but give it your all anyway. That way, you will learn what need to be improved.
                        This I disaggree with in earnest. Never do anything unless you plan to succeed. You can still learn if you go in thinking you will win and don't. If you want to practice for Maat go solo the Ruby Quadav, or use the ENM60 as a test. But carry that Red Mage Testimony to that Burning Circle with the intent that you're going to Aero III the curls outta Maat's hair.
                        Last edited by tdh; 11-03-2006, 02:23 PM. Reason: Typos! /angry
                        Odude
                        PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                        RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                        SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post
                          This I disaggree with in earnest. Never do anything unless you plan to succeed. You can still learn if you go in thinking you will win and don't. If you want to practice for Maat go solo the Ruby Quadav, or use the ENM60 as a test. But carry that Red Mage Testimony to that Burning Circle with the intent that you're going to Aero III the curls outta Maat's hair.
                          There's a difference between planning and expecting. You must *plan* to win, the strategy to do so is what the OP is asking for, but since it is the OP's first time he can not *expect* to win because he does not know what to expect in the first place. Just like a party that does a dry run of a mission battle, they do not expect to win, but they have planned to. The first run is to tweak the plan for the real circumstances relating to them.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by tdh View Post
                            Do not underestimate dry runs.

It's better to spend a test to really know what you are up against and test your macros and other things without spending any meds or other stuff than trying to beat it first time, only to waste everything after the old man teaches you the meaning of getting pwnd.

Unless you either get lucky or have enough solo experience to beat him the first time that is. It is exactly because you are planning on succeed that you do dry runs, so when you fight for real you have the practice required, I just wish we had that kind of chances in RL.

PS > Maybe it is because the lvl 60 ENM fight was added after I beat Maat, but neither Ruby, nor ENM are good enough practice in my opinion, the old man is way better than that.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                              Do not underestimate dry runs.
                              It's better to spend a test to really know what you are up against and test your macros and other things without spending any meds or other stuff than trying to beat it first time, only to waste everything after the old man teaches you the meaning of getting pwnd.
                              Unless you either get lucky or have enough solo experience to beat him the first time that is. It is exactly because you are planning on succeed that you do dry runs, so when you fight for real you have the practice required, I just wish we had that kind of chances in RL.
                              PS > Maybe it is because the lvl 60 ENM fight was added after I beat Maat, but neither Ruby, nor ENM are good enough practice in my opinion, the old man is way better than that.
                              Now I did do a bit of soloing, but I was doing melee soloing. (I wanted to level my Sword, Dagger, and Enhancing Magic Skills.) I did do a fair amount of duoing with a SMN friend of mine. He'd BP, I'd Nuke, then Sleep it. We couldn't really EXP Chain for decent EXP, but we could solo Missions.

Now I will agree, that the biggest challenge with soloing the Ruby Quadav was pulling it, but at the same time the hardest party about Maat was sticking Sleep. So I felt it was great practice. Having to keep a level head if you did manage to pull a link. (When I did pull the link, I attempted to juggle the two before I ran for safety. I feel this helped my "panic reflex.") But even on a dry run, why would you venture off to do something with out planning on winning? Maybe it's just how I think and do things, but I'll never understand that. I know some one who had 4 dry runs, and another one who took 8 tries to beat him. To me that's crazy.
                              Odude
                              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Working...
                              X