Maat preparation advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maat preparation advice

Im a RDM68. Recently i took a bit of a break to get DRK to 37. I currently have BLM38, WHM37, NIN37, DRK37. So ive finally gotten all subs done, im looking into the closely approching future of the Maat fight.

Ive been doing besiged for elemental magic skill ups and i plan on having it capped for the fight. I have all the element staves, AF, Enfeeb torque, enfeeb earring, Marine M gloves, i use Custom M boots, and have a penitents rope. Other gear includes the phantom tathlum, red cape +1 a electum ring and a either ring and a phantom earring.

I plan on soloing a moldavite earring, which is my first question. I intend to solo it as a RDM69/NIN34. Can it be done? will i aggro? i can hopfully get a claim with haste up and dia 1.

Next i plan on soloing a test. Just today, me and a few ls members went to kill ruby quadav deep in Beauduax(however its spelled) and with linking we took a few deaths, but had to zone, utimatly it didnt go well. I would rather just solo a RDM test in upper delfutts tower, i hear it is a good warm up for maat fight. Which brings me to my 2nd question. What is the names of the pots that drop the test? Can a RDM/NIN solo them or sub BLM to better give a idea of Maat fight?

Last thing i want to do is at lvl 69, get my TNL about 100-300 before 70. This way i can pop a exp page during Maat fight for full HP/MP. Is that a good recommendation? Also what food should i use? And go in the fight during Darksday?

This may seem like overkill preparation but i really want to go 1/1 on Maat. There is so many RDM on my server i just think it would better differenciate myself from them, plus so i dont have to do it again Any advice or problems you see in my before strategy please tell me, i want to hand the ol' coot his arse ^^ Thank you!

Re: Maat preparation advice

I plan on soloing a moldavite earring, which is my first question. I intend to solo it as a RDM69/NIN34. Can it be done? will i aggro? i can hopfully get a claim with haste up and dia 1.
    Ya you can do that no problem. There's no aggro in the area or on the way there once you're past 67, unless you take a wrong turn. At 67+ Mysticmaker is a pushover. I think I linked both of the other gobs that walk around in the area too, one I slept but the other was a RNG and was out of casting range, I just ignored him. I think i only had to recast Stoneskin once. Mysticmaker is only lvl50 and the gobs in the area are even lower. Getting the earring to drop is the problem, not killing him.

Other then that, panic. I mean relax.

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/4619
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I wanted the 1 - 0 record Vs. Maat too, so I went in there over prepared and still lost my 1st time. Honestly, going 1 - 0 Vs. the Old Fart won't really set you aside from other RDMs on your server. Unless you do a video of it, do it in under 60 seconds, and EVERYBODY in the world sees it. It's really just a matter of pride.

Originally posted by IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
      This fight is extremely easy, and you will have NO problem at all soloing it. The Goblin is only Lv.50-52. Don't waste the MP trying to Silence it, you won't be able to, and just beat it down. Took me two months trying to get the earring, and it's AMs only broke through Stoneskin once. I recommend using Gravity to claim. Dia can be TOO fast, and you get rejected by the Anti-Botting Claim system that was added. Gravity's fast, but not too fast that the system will reject you.

Last thing i want to do is at lvl 69, get my TNL about 100-300 before 70. This way i can pop a exp page during Maat fight for full HP/MP. Is that a good recommendation? Also what food should i use? And go in the fight during Darksday?
      EXP page isn't a bad idea. I've heard of a number of people trying this, and it's not a bad way to save your gil from buying certain items. But you can do it with out needing something like that. Here's the run down on how I did it.

Odude 1 - Maat 1

8 Aero III's, only one resisted. Went in on Darksday since I couldn't sleep him in my 1st attempt.

Time: 4:48
      Damage Taken - Maat: 114+(344*7) = 2522dmg
      Damage Taken - Odude: 176 Blizzard II + 50 Blizzard II

I used 5 Hi-Potions and 1 X-Potion. I accidentally used a Vile Elixir +1. /angry I was trying to use my Regen Drink, inventory shifted since I had just used a Yag Drink, so I wasted 300k on that item. I didn't use my Vile Elixir, or my Pro-Ether.

Now I need another testimony so I can break the tie. Still a little upset I failed the 1st time. I was 1 Sleep & Convert away from taking his old butt down in roughly 60 seconds.
      As I mentioned, I spent two months camping my Moldy Earring, and then I COMPLETELY forgot to equip it! (Now it's added in all of my nuking macros, but at the time it was a new item. I hadn't done it yet.)

My 1st time he resisted Sleep 3 or 4 times, but I did go on Windsday hoping for bigger Aero IIIs. My second time I went on Darksday and I only had 1 resist. (The 144 Aero III.)

I was over prepared. I could have managed with out any of the Potions, and the only items I wish I had taken would have been a stack of Remedies. He hit me with Paralyze at one point, and it did cause a slight panic, but it wore off pretty fast. I could have done it with Glace, a Stack of Remedies, Regen Drink, and Yagudo Drink.

I tried the Ruby Quadav route as well, and it was just frustrating because other people were farming in there. So I went the route of the Hover Tank. LS friends went with me, and we got it quick. After I lost, they went with me again, and I had my test before my 2hr had recharged. I waited until Darksday started, and then went in and won.
      Odude
      PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
      RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
      SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

wow i completly forgot about hover tank. Thank you so much Mhurron! Considering they are in the Temple of uggli(not even gonna try) that would work out great, a LS member needs the temple coffer for his SMN AF^^

Comment

wow i completly forgot about hover tank. Thank you so much Mhurron! Considering they are in the Temple of uggli(not even gonna try) that would work out great, a LS member needs the temple coffer for his SMN AF^^
          The drop rate can be complete crap there. The longest testimony hunt I've been on was trying to get a Hover Tank to give up my own testimony. Took at least 3 hours for that damn thing to drop.

Of course, the second one I needed dropped from the first Hover Tank we killed on the way to doing Windurst mission 7-2, but that was because I wasn't there for a testimony.

I need to get a third.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Not to derail the topic or anything, but I was getting my test and it dropped off of a Ruby Quadav first kill last night. Some friends said it was 100% drop..is that true, or did I get insanely lucky? I really hope it's true. See, I got him to 24% and level 66 so..i want another test so i can kill him. Anyways was just wondering.
            ~~Fayttt of Diabolos
            PM8-4: (Aka Finished): Dawn, ZM17 (Aka Finished): Awakening, Windurst 8-1: Vain
            RDM66/SMN25
            *~*~*Cloudy*~*~*

Comment

First off I just want to say I'm not a red mage, but I have helped my RDM friends get their testimonys many times. Here's my advice hope this helps some.

No, you wont get agro. Yes you can kill him no problem. Don't worry about having haste as it doesn't increase the cast time of spells, only the recast time.

Next i plan on soloing a test. Just today, me and a few ls members went to kill ruby quadav deep in Beauduax(however its spelled) and with linking we took a few deaths, but had to zone, utimatly it didnt go well. I would rather just solo a RDM test in upper delfutts tower, i hear it is a good warm up for maat fight. Which brings me to my 2nd question. What is the names of the pots that drop the test? Can a RDM/NIN solo them or sub BLM to better give a idea of Maat fight?
              I've hunted this test in both upper delfutts and beauduax. In beauduax I found the best way was pull the ruby with some spell (no-dot) then run to the zone and ES Sleep it then zone. When you zone all the links will vanish and the ruby will be standing there, waiting for you to come back and kill him. I got it after 4th kill, along with 2 ruby drops.
              The pots in Upper Delfutts are easy if you have a group. I foudn the problem with them is that you'll get alot of links, not only from pots, but the bats that spawn at camp, and all the giants around. Since there's not a zone near by you're just in trouble if you link, so much safer to bring a team.

As far as I know, this works.

Another way you could go, is the Regain Feather. It's a simi hard to obtain RARE/EX item, that restores 100%hp, 100%mp and 300%tp. To obtain this item head to Attahwa Chasm. Once there find a spawn point on the ground near Parradamo Tor mountain called the Luminat. When you click on it you'll recieve a "Mimeo Stone". Now that you've got it, you get to keep it for 1 hour before it fades away. In order to get the Regain Feather you've got to get to the top of the mountain and place the Stone in the Cradle of Rebirth before you recieve the first "The light from the Mimeo Stone starts to fade" message (15min after getting the stone). Makeing it up this mountain isn't easy, it's a long trip and one wrong turn will ruin it, and you can easily fall off as there are no boundaries to keep you up. On the allakhzam forums there is a guide on how to get up in the CoP mission area, I can't link to it right now because I'm at work and alla is blocked. I suggest taking some time and learning how to get up the mountain until you're comfortable with it. Good luck.

I hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Fayttt
                Not to derail the topic or anything, but I was getting my test and it dropped off of a Ruby Quadav first kill last night. Some friends said it was 100% drop..is that true, or did I get insanely lucky? I really hope it's true. See, I got him to 24% and level 66 so..i want another test so i can kill him. Anyways was just wondering.
                You got insanely lucky. I killed about 4 or 5 of those solo, and then killed another 6 to 8 with a SMN friend and the most it ever dropped outside of gil was a Ruby. So it's FAR from 100%.
                Odude

SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

I think all that gear for RDM fight is overkill though (but then again it wont hurt to have it either).

All you really need is a pie for mp, a few Yagudo drinks and Aero III with a wind staff.

Maat fight isn't about gear, but about strategy, the only tips I can give you is go on Darksday and make at least one dry run before fighting for real.

You gotta make a plan and stick to it, don't panic if you get hit, macro Yags and Sleep I and II, renew blink every time you sleep Maat (and Stoneskin if you got hit).

And last but not least, Sleep Maat as soon as you enter the BC, you can buff afterwards, otherwise you are risking Maat getting too many buffs on himself (that can mess things much more than going in without protect and shell).

Good Luck
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

i visited the Temple of Ugg(whatever) today. It was quite annoying ><. I ventured decently far in and didnt see any hover tanks. Im hoping that will change after work.

Ruby quadav is a 50% drop i hear. If the temple is a failure again, ill try for the Ruby quadav again i suppose.

Comment

i visited the Temple of Ugg(whatever) today. It was quite annoying ><. I ventured decently far in and didnt see any hover tanks. Im hoping that will change after work.

Ruby quadav is a 50% drop i hear. If the temple is a failure again, ill try for the Ruby quadav again i suppose.
                      Been a while since I was in Uggalepih (to say the least!) but I recall the Hover Tanks require you to zone out to Yhoator and then back into Uggalepih. From the main entrance (the only one you can reach from the main jungle), take all lefts and open a secret door, keeping sneak and invisible up at all times to avoid aggro. This should lead you to a zoneline out to the jungle, then around an outdoor hallway that should lead back into another part of the Temple.

Once you're back inside you should see the Hover Tanks just past the zoneline. You should be able to easily pull them (recommend you bring a bow and some arrows in case you're worried about magic aggro), then just fight them at the zoneline. You can always zone if you get into serious trouble, so it's very safe.

Icemage

Comment

hmm i made it to a zone, and zoned back in. But i dont know if it was all lefts. Ill retrace my steps back to the beginning and try out that way. Thank you, Icemage ^^

Comment

I found that casting bind on Maat right before you nuked helped. When I fought him, he never once got in range to melee me. I took 0 damage overall, with the help of stoneskin and blink. Also, Sleep casts a little bit faster than Sleep II.
                          I found that Gravity is either super hard to stick on him, or it's impossible to stick, so you might not want to waste your time on that. Darksday helps ensure that Sleep lands, which is one of the most important things.

Comment

Originally posted by zagex
                            I found that casting bind on Maat right before you nuked helped. When I fought him, he never once got in range to melee me. I took 0 damage overall, with the help of stoneskin and blink. Also, Sleep casts a little bit faster than Sleep II.
                            I found that Gravity is either super hard to stick on him, or it's impossible to stick, so you might not want to waste your time on that. Darksday helps ensure that Sleep lands, which is one of the most important things.
                            I didn't have a problem landing Gravity on him. 1st time was on Windsday, so that makes sense. But on my 2nd run I went on Darksday, and it helped. I don't think he actually melee'd me once, and not for lack of trying. He just could never get in range with me running away, and Gravity keeping the cement boots on him. ^^ I never bothered with Bind since I seem to always have the worst luck with it.
                            Odude

Comment

I won't go into all the details here, if you want any specifics, send me a PM. With that said, I firmly believe that the key to the Maat fight is 2-fold, preparation AND luck. I beat the old fart first try, and he never once got within range of hitting me with me only having to run to the other side once while he was slept. I never used chainspell or convert, and beat him with 7 Aero IIIs. I lent my gear to a friend who fought Maat, and he lost. Some luck in the resists is involved I think as he had sleep resisted once and both bind and gravity once whereas the only resist I got was bind once. (However he did say later he also made a mistake...and to clear up any questioning, we were the same level and race.) Finally, to me fighting Ruby solo is the best way to prepare yourself for this fight. IMO soloing Ruby is more difficult than beating Maat.

BTW, if you get tired of practicing on Ruby and get no drop, in my experience, farming the testi, the drop rate off of Hover Tanks is better.

Comment

Working...
                              X