Avesta vs Hakutaku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avesta vs Hakutaku

This news is actually a couple weeks old, but I just now noticed it. Apparently the fight took 3 hours.

Alla had this link to the movie on Filefront. Getting it now ...
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: Avesta vs Hakutaku

Why would you want to watch someone fight Hakutaku for 3 hours... boring as hell.
    People already solo'd him plenty of times, long ago, so it's not that special. ><

Comment

The video itself isn't three hours and I hadn't heard of people soloing Hakutaku before. Then again, you don't ever really hear people shouting "omg so-and-so soloed x" unless so-and-so is Avesta, or Grendal back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
        The video itself isn't three hours and I hadn't heard of people soloing Hakutaku before. Then again, you don't ever really hear people shouting "omg so-and-so soloed x" unless so-and-so is Avesta, or Grendal back in the day.
        XD, when you look up Hakutaku on Allah there are all these BSTs raving about how they solo'd it, and explaining how to do it, etc

Comment

BST?...

We're talking Red mage here, red mage. BST is a natural soloer, its not as impressive as a Red mage.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Tsikuro
            XD, when you look up Hakutaku on Allah there are all these BSTs raving about how they solo'd it, and explaining how to do it, etc
            Damn troll.

BST has a PET. RDMs do not. BST achievements pale in comparison because they're expected to solo things.

Comment

He does have a point though. There are NM's and BC's and things that only RDM can solo, right? I would think soloing something that has not been solo'd by anyone before, regardless of job, is a greater accomplishment than just being the first in your job.

Anyway, I enjoyed the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
                I miss Grendal. ; ;
                sigpic

Comment

Come on. How does a BST solo anything? How does a BST fight anything?

By charming mobs, and throwing said mobs at an opponent until opponent dies.

It's no surprise to know a BST can solo Hakutaku, he just throws Millioneyes and other assorted mobs at Hakutaku until he falls down. In the strictest sense(if I wanted to be a jerk about it), BSTs don't solo, since they have a pet called from an outside source to help(not counting jug pets).

RDM, on the other hand, is in the truest sense of the word, a solo operation.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be just as amazed to hear of a BLM or WHM soloing Hakutaku(or even... lolmelee), but I just don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Esoa
                    He does have a point though. There are NM's and BC's and things that only RDM can solo, right? I would think soloing something that has not been solo'd by anyone before, regardless of job, is a greater accomplishment than just being the first in your job.

Anyway, I enjoyed the video.
                    I agree with this, but I still think it's cool.

Comment

Come on. How does a BST solo anything? How does a BST fight anything?

By charming mobs, and throwing said mobs at an opponent until opponent dies.

It's no surprise to know a BST can solo Hakutaku, he just throws Millioneyes and other assorted mobs at Hakutaku until he falls down. In the strictest sense(if I wanted to be a jerk about it), BSTs don't solo, since they have a pet called from an outside source to help(not counting jug pets).

RDM, on the other hand, is in the truest sense of the word, a solo operation.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be just as amazed to hear of a BLM or WHM soloing Hakutaku(or even... lolmelee), but I just don't see it happening.
                      Honestly, BST Soloing things is just as impressive as Red Mage if you ask me.. both need to use there job to get the best benifit... one screw up from either job can be deadly (Misscharm, hit while putting up shadows...)

And I fail to see how your comment about a BST just throwing mobs vs. Mob as not soloing.. yes technically hes not alone but he is using all his JA's to get the best performance from his job..

BST soloing something like this with no pet would be like rdm soloing with no spells.

All im really saying is that just cause its a BST who does it doesnt make it any less impressive.. give BST some credit guys, they still try hard to accomplish things.. you make it seem like 1-2 pets kill anything... some BST swap pets every few seconds for hours to kill an NM solo... and with the way ive seen Avesta solo, using tricks like no damage daggers to keep its TP down.. seems he uses less effort to kill an NM then a BST.

Comment

It really depends on the NM. BST solo is only as good as the surrounding pets. For example, I imagine the harder Gustav NMs are easier for RDM than BST to solo, since BST has to keep the fight downstairs in blood and sound aggro area to be effective. So arguing which is more impressive is silly in this case (not that it wasn't silly to begin with...).

Imo, NM soloing for hours is not that fun after the first few times you do it. Sure, maybe this NM will have some quirk or tactic you didn't have to account for previously, but for most people, it's just a pride thing. The only reason I would ever subject myself to a marathon solo fight is if my LS-mate needed help with it. That said, I do appreciate when people like Avesta share knowledge with the community of what is possible in this game.
                        Tomatoes & Tomatopotato @ Pandemonium
                        My Taru Blog / Wiki Page

Play golf? Check out my items.

Comment

Yeah, it's one of those things that's pretty cool to, you know, spread the word about. "I solo'd Hakutaku" and all. But actually watching it being done is boring as hell, and doing it solo is completely pointless in the first place, and much too risky.

Comment

Working...
                          X