RDM filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDM filters

What spam filters do you have set up when playing RDM?

We have a lot of of things to keep an eye on, Dispel, spells wearing (party and mob), healing, Magic bursting. and theres a lot of battle spam.

I tend to cope okay with very few filters on, i'm always afraid putting them on will have me missing something important.

However i can't help but feel that having some filters on would make things easier.

Also is there a way to filter out other mobs buffs (i.e. then some other party fighting a crawler has it cast cocoon, is there a filter so i don't see it?)
    Kylestie was defeated by Curiosity.

Re: RDM filters

things I don't filter
    - everything from/to myself.
    - special effects start/recieve by PT/foe

sometimes in dynamis I need to take off filter for "effects starts by NPC" too to be able to see their 2hr when they are not red to me.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

You can filter "Special effects started by others", which should filter out most random spam. Then turn off the "special effects started by foes" as well as the the other filter by it, saying what the effects do.

On my BRD (it's pretty much the same as RDM in chat filters in exp) I filtered everything I didn't need, just to be sure I didn't miss a monster buffing itself or a debuff wearing. I had all melee actions blocked. I had the effects of special effects on the party filtered, since even with that filter on, you see what spells you cast on players/monsters wear off anyway, and save for some of the ToAU monsters, I know what TP move does what status effect. I had the stuff about effects on foes off, while the rest of that section, alliance, others, and NPC sections all filtered.
      Generic Info!

Comment

I filter everything from Others and NPC To/From. If I'm not in a situation where magic bursting is practical (TP-burn party), then I'll filter party damage, too.

Icemage

Comment

I filter out all missed physical attacks, friend and foe. All Alliance stuffs. I leave NPC off cause since it hold avatars in there, and I am too lazy/would forget to change it when I change jobs. If there is a lot of lag (like in Dynamis) I'll filter out attacks by everyone as well as damage taken by the mob, and attacks evaded by by everyone. Otheres always is on since I rarely care what other PTs are doing.

The one thing I will never filter is special effects recieved/given to Foes.

EDIT: Fixed cause I was 1/2 asleep what I wrote this the first time :/
          Last edited by Gobo; 07-04-2006, 07:48 PM.
          sigpic
          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

i hate being over-spammed i while there is about 3 party's in the area, so i filter alll "others" thats about it. I never really thought too much about filtering more than that =/

Comment

The only messages I allow up are:

Party effects
              Mob effects
              Special actions

Pretty much it. I filter off my own atk/miss/dmg/evasion and same with the party, except for the dmg taken if a situation warrants it.

Comment

I filter out PT damage, other PT damage, mob damage, other PT mob damage.

I only see the specials being started by player in PT and specials being started by mobs my PT is fighting.

Enfeebles are colored red, special actions are colored deep gold.
                Elathia :: Hume :: Female :: San d'Oria rank 7 :: WHM70 | BLM52 | RDM24 | THF15 >> Cerberus //Retired

Comment

I custom color my messages in this way:

Priority First Tier: Tropical Neon Colors that makes you go blind!
                  Priority Second Tier: Neutral "cool" hues.
                  Everything else: Faded, grayish, unimportant.

Comment

When playing my RDM, I rarely used filters, but like Aeni I did use custom colors to make more significant effects or actions "stand out." Normally I had damage dealt to monsters as dark grey, so it wouldn't be gone, but would be easy to ignore. Damage taken to me, of course, was bright red

In the case of areas where you'll have multiple people doing stuff, though, I turn off damage dealt by others and special effects initiated by others. Most of the other stuff in those circumstances is bearable spam. (I'm probably missing some details, but this is the most significant stuff that comes to mind)

Comment

Turning on the NPC filters worked for me to get rid of other PT mob spam.
                      FFXIclopedia page

Comment

As soon as I discovered how to use filters, I've had them on ever since. I haven't actually adjusted them in awhile, but I think I filter out EVERYTHING except:

- whatever one that shows spells you cast on pt members. This one will show when refresh wears off. That might be automatic, I forget.

attacks by you- this will show enfeebs landing or getting resisted, and also when they wear off, I believe

something like special actions started by others. This will show a mob buffing so you can debuff it. You also see WS and stuff from nearby parties, so if that's a problem you can turn this one off too and just watch for buffing animation, but that might be hard. Also, there may be a filter just for enemies specials, but I forget.

I think I also have "Lot results" unfiltered lol. But really, that's about it.

Basically, all I see are stuff I do, party chat, and mob specials, along with when debuffs, hastes and refreshes wear off.

I haven't seen the damage a pt member has done in ages. Every once in awhile someone will go "ohhhh ahhh" over some WS or burst and I have to ask how much it was.

Comment

On usuall stuff : nothing is filtered : I like to know what s going on and the colors I use make it easy with some habits.

On dynamis and stunning duty : everything is filtered but special actions. ( just to reduce lag )

Log is not my main stream of informations, I tend to focus on sounds made by the different abilities but you have to hope for not having someone flooding PT chan with <call>.

If you want to remove useless information from your screen, remove any "/p I m casting refresh and flooding PT chan" from your macros and ask PT members to do the same. Honestly, when someone cast a spell or use a JA, I already have a line saying it, no need of another with a <call> in it. That "/p I M USING BOOST" syndrome is the biggest source of spam imho, maybe just because you cant in anyway filter it or change his color without changing the few usefull info you get from PT chan.

Comment

Working...
                          X