This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling a New Red Mage

I just revently made a Taru Red Mage. He is from Windhurst. What is the best way to lvl him up? I have gotten him up to level 4 I think, bought him the basic armor, and he also has some magic (cure, stone, dia and *something else*). I have been fighting the even matched gobbies and birds outside windhurst. Also, where do I go once I reach the levels around 10 -12? Valkurm Dunes? That is a long way I think...

Re: Leveling a New Red Mage

I got my RDM from 1-30 in a week, just lvl up like you would usually do. As RDM I went from 5-10 in a few hours off EP, with the new update was getting up to 40-50 exp from a 10 second fight (if that). From 10-20 I was in VD, I used INT food and nuked alot because just about every VD party has a plvl >.>;; At 20 (got to use exp band for the first time) and lv20-25 was a breeze, 25+ its really easy yuhtunga/yhoat. At 30 get a pt with 2 NIN tanks and go to bibiki bay, Marine Dhalmels and Raven are really good. That all I can tell you for now.
    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
    Yeah, It’s true.
    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

You can solo Rabbits and Mandies in Tahrongi for a bit after that. Then try for a party in Shakrami or Buburimu or even on Dhamel in Tahrongi still but you'll propbably just end up in dunes like everyone else.

Comment

Red and Black mages that start in Windurst have the (dubious) opportunity to solo in Maze of Shakrami against Maze Makers until around level 17. Black mages are slightly better at this, of course, being better in the offensive magic department, but it's also possible to bleed them down using Dia/Poison as a red mage. Takes a while to do, and is pretty boring, but if you can't stomach the run through Buburimu Peninsula (hint: don't travel across Buburimu at night as a low level), that's another option for the 12-17 range, albeit a slow one.

Icemage

Comment

Icemage brought up a very good suggestion. I was tired of the Dunes, so at Lv.18 I went to the Maze and solo'd to Lv.20. I could juggle 2 MM's (Maze Maker) with DoTs, my Bow, and juice with quite a bit of success as RDM. Was kinda fun actually. Taking on 2 MMs at the same time, getting pretty good EXP.

Now a days, I have to beg my LS to build a Maze party. In Beta, the Maze was so packed, it was cut throat just to get a Chain #1. Now you can go and clean up. There's nobody there to fight at all. Finally got a LS party there one night, and took SAM from Lv.10 to Lv.14 in about 2hrs. We had down time because we had no more MMs to kill!

I'm trying to build a party to go through there again to level PLD. I'm still confused as to why people never party there any more.
          Odude
          PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
          RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
          SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Originally posted by tdh
            I'm still confused as to why people never party there any more.
            "Its too far away" 2 out of the three countries are much closer to dunes, and too lazy to take the ferry.

I still want to take a job through there, and then go to korroloka for more killer xp.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions for a lvl 21 RDM beside Qufim? Its been very hard for me to find a party in Qufim as of late. Any ideas on places and mobs to target would be great.

Its my goal to spend a weekend trying to get to 30 so I can go for some advance jobs.
              You know what, you can kiss my...

Red Mage 38 | White Mage 10 | Black Mage 17 | Bard 10 | Ranger 03 | Alchemy 38 | Cooking 09

RDM: Rose Duelist Mithra

Comment

Not only it's too far away. Players in the 10-20 range are not as many these days. Long ago, you would have 4 parties camping the same beach in VK, rarely any mobs to kill at all plus tons more platers seeking for parties. In that time, people will move to alternative levelling spots. We searched for shakrami PT, buburimu PT, korroloka PT and so on and I ensure you, every single spots I mentioned are all crowded in prime time.

Today, the most I see is 2 PT on the same beach. And when I search for members around that level, there's never more than 6 seeking. That in it self limits the choice of us already. Go faraway and there will be no one there at all.
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

That is very true Jei. The low level players have kind of weeded out, so there aren't as many as there used to be. But a few weeks ago I was in the dunes and there seemed to be a lot of people camping Lizzies. We killed them all ,then moved to the beach and found 3 or 4 parties there. Maybe that was just one night where it was super busy.

But the truth is, you see fewer and fewer characters that are with out subjobs. And even then, some of those players are just leveling up their mules.

Korroloka Tunnel is a great place to level. Seems a lot of JPN parties level there. I got into one as my DRG there, and breezed through to Lv.20. Running around wiping out worms. Great fun! Perhaps once my party is Lv.15 in the Maze, I'll take them over to Korroloka.
                  Odude
                  PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                  RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                  SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Alright. Thanks a bunch guys. I think once I get another level or two, I will head to the maze. I am really serious about this character and wanna go far with him. THANKS A BUNCH!

Comment

Well seeing as the leveling places have been taken care of, let me just offer one piece of advice:

Don't shirk off your spells!

Nothing makes me sadder than to watch one of my friends exping and to see their RDM doing nothing but slapping on an En-spell and meleeing. Also enjoy your meleeing while it lasts....
                      RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                      Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                      Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                      Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                      Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

Working...
                      X