RNG or SMN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNG or SMN?

Not sure if I should of made this post here, or in the "Race & Job Type Q&A" section, so I apologize if Im posting in the incorrect forum.

I'll give you a slight backstory of my character, I leveled Monk to 18, then Warrior for 32. After Warrior, I unlocked DRK and brought him to 30, which I was going to continue leveling, but for some reason decided to stop. I started leveling WHM, and got it to 10, and unlocked SMN. After now unlocking SMN, I guess the harsh reality that I'll be healing, as a SMN/WHM is making me second guess my choice..

I've always considered RNG and wanted to go RNG, but didn't because of previous "myths" given that RNG is too expensive to level. I currently have about 800k Gil, so I'm not sure if that'll be enough to start leveling RNG or not.

Is RNG worth it? Should I stick to SMN/WHM? (Not a fan of healing, have done it in pretty much every MMO I've played previously.)

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Re: RNG or SMN?

go rng man!

Its not that bad at all and it cranks
    Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

That's what I heard.

How much does it cost, though?

Comment

Well i lvled woodworking so it wasnt bad but it can get hairy. 800k is more than enough to lvl rng though
        Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

it starts to cost more later, so you should be good if you find a craft or some other way to make money

Read if you don't value your braincells.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonishush View Post
            Not sure if I should of made this post here, or in the "Race & Job Type Q&A" section, so I apologize if Im posting in the incorrect forum.

I'll give you a slight backstory of my character, I leveled Monk to 18, then Warrior for 32. After Warrior, I unlocked DRK and brought him to 30, which I was going to continue leveling, but for some reason decided to stop. I started leveling WHM, and got it to 10, and unlocked SMN. After now unlocking SMN, I guess the harsh reality that I'll be healing, as a SMN/WHM is making me second guess my choice..

I've always considered RNG and wanted to go RNG, but didn't because of previous "myths" given that RNG is too expensive to level. I currently have about 800k Gil, so I'm not sure if that'll be enough to start leveling RNG or not.

Is RNG worth it? Should I stick to SMN/WHM? (Not a fan of healing, have done it in pretty much every MMO I've played previously.)

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
            I think 800k gil is more than enough to start leveling RNG. You'll get off good with Noct +1 gear, +1 bows and xbows, and things like accuracy rings and such. RNG equipment isn't terribly expensive if you go with the general things. I'd think that amount of gil would take you well into the 60's. It's around that time if you switch up things like go to gun and start using bullets where it can get expensive. But on my server, Gilgamesh, silver bullets were like 80-120k a stack (depending on demand.) And the +1 guns were expensive.

Otherwise, if you camp for Selene's Bow, I think 800k gil could get you well to 75, if you stayed on the general end of equipment and don't go super fancy. Yeh.. I think you'd do just fine.

Course, if you go the xbow-holy bolt route (I didn't but for about 10 levels) you'll need holy bolt +MND gear and I can't speak on how expensive that is.... surely someone else can. (Though I don't think that stuff is terribly expensive either, given the fact you can farm a promise badge yourself... the items rather.) I think some of the mitts with +MND on them were expensive, but what? 60kish?

You're main staple will be getting ammunition (if you don't go the crafting route, which I didn't cuz I couldn't.) If you craft woodworking that's a different ballgame. I don't know if you actually end up saving money rather than spending it with crafting. Probably in the long run you'd save. But if you're just straight going thru leveling and ammo.... 800k I say is GTG
            °·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
            sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Working...
            X