X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 dmg sidwinder and 48 dmg EES!! Check it after the update

Check this pic :confused: exp pt after the update:

here great example about rng dmg>

WOW !!:errr: :errr: That's so lame. I can't believe SE is doing this..

maybe i will stop rng @lvl60 not worth it anymore
    Attached Files

Re: 98 dmg sidwinder and 48 dmg EES!! Check it after the update

While leveling in Quicksands our Ranger did an EES for 350+ damage.

Comment

Listen, I don't know how you did that HORRIBLE of damage. The crab probably had just used stoneskin up?
      Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

what's the distance between ranger and the mob?

anyway doing that low damage is just sad, optimal range or not
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I sidewinder'd a steelshell crab in a skill up pt at boyahda today. Did 637 dmg. I also barraged it for 550 and got off another sidewinder which eventually made me pull too much hate and almost die were it not for the multiple WARs provoking. Seems like nothing has changed for me, huh? I'm still pulling major hate post-patch and on the verge of dying everytime I do so. Same old, same old...

Seems like your RNG was still trying to live out the old glory days of doing everything at point-blank range.
          Last edited by Xythalia; 07-21-2005, 04:12 AM.
          75 Bst / 75 Whm / 75 Brd / 75 RNG/ 70 Mnk
          Livejournal: xythalia.livejournal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Xythalia
            I sidewinder'd a steelshell crab in a skill up pt at boyahda today. Did 637 dmg. I also barraged it for 550 and got off another sidewinder which eventually made me pull too much hate and almost die were it not for the multiple WARs provoking. Seems like nothing has changed for me, huh? I'm still pulling major hate post-patch and on the verge of dying everytime I do so. Same old, same old...

Seems like your RNG was still trying to live out the old glory days of doing everything at point-blank range.

who talk about skill up pt? you lvl74 already those easy for you

i'm talking about exp pt ,

Originally posted by Impaction
            While leveling in Quicksands our Ranger did an EES for 350+ damage.
            ya aslo 350 dmg on EES to sad.

Originally posted by Jei
            what's the distance between ranger and the mob?

anyway doing that low damage is just sad, optimal range or not

ops sorry this is not my pic, also Slugs and Sides were doing 40+ on genbu :depress:
            Last edited by FuSoYa; 07-21-2005, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FuSoYa
              who talk about skill up pt? you lvl74 already those easy for you

i'm talking about exp pt ,
              I'll try in an exp setting later this evening then I guess. Granted, there aren't really that many exp options that offer IT++ mobs to shoot at lv 74. By the time you reach that level, the only efficient way of exping fast is to constantly chain exp by opening up skillchains for high-end MBs....or go manaburn/monkburn. And most people want arching arrow instead.

The only time I got close to an exp session was while hunting for Romaeve water yesterday. Still..on a T and VT pot, my dmg was 680-864 sidewinder...and these were my actual results on my crappy 67 dmg Martial bow. (Nin sj, no brd, used coeurl sub, had rdm dia2)

I guess I'll try to sidewinder an aura statue and aura weapon today and try to FRAPs my results. Even then, those statues and weapons aren't even IT+ anymore. Better than nothing, I suppose..
              Last edited by Xythalia; 07-21-2005, 06:06 AM.
              75 Bst / 75 Whm / 75 Brd / 75 RNG/ 70 Mnk
              Livejournal: xythalia.livejournal.com

Comment

I think part of this update was to make it so RNG doesn't excel at IT++ anymore, anyways. I don't think the change is THAT drastic on VT-IT mobs. Just exp'd with my static RNG last night on deco weapons, Heavy Shot maxed out at about 1k damage. We had a BRD singing double Minuet, and he was eating Yellow Curry, with /NIN sub. RNG also had Hellfire+1, and he usually only hit that damage when I also hit the mob with an acid bolt before SC.
                Last edited by ibroyles; 07-21-2005, 06:14 AM.
                Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

Originally posted by ibroyles
                  I think part of this update was to make it so RNG doesn't excel at IT++ anymore.
                  I think so too. Far too many RNG were bragging and boasting about their uber damage and rubbing it in others faces. I guess enough people got fed up, complained and SE did something (again).

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Anyone try WAR sub?
                    Hacked on 9/9/09
                    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

read some reports of ppl using /war and their damage is more like pre-patch. only problem is hate

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

If you're expecting more than an instant 350 damage out of a two-hour ability you need to be nerfed.

Comment

If you're expecting more than an instant 350 damage out of a two-hour ability you need to be nerfed.
                          you mean how smns can do over 1k damage, 3 times?

or maybe warrior mighty strikes+ramage for 1.5k damage?

oh, or how about sams with their 2-hr which does 3 skill chains, adding up to over 2k damage sometimes?

I don't even want to mention blms.

ranger 2-hour already sucks ass pre patch, now it just sucks more ass.

you on the other hand, don't know what the hell you're talking about, like most other people that says "LOLOL RNG NRF"

Comment

Anyone else not surprised this is coming from a DRG? *cough* jealous *cough*

Anyway, i've been checkin' the dmg on tigers in Battalia downs. Seems about a 25-30% decrease of dmg @ point blank. I do about 110-120 per shot on ep tigers from a distance, then it drops to 70-80 when shadowbind wears out and the tiger comes up close. Bad, but could be much worse. Think itll be a minor issue for those rng's out there that already hang back by the mages.
                            Last edited by Intensity; 07-21-2005, 10:32 AM.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                            SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

blah blah stop whining. You can still do great damage if you just put a little more effort into your EXP PTs.
                              RDM75| DRG75

Comment

Working...
                              X