Crafts for Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafts for Rangers

Which crafts are most useful for rangers and explain why.

(ranger/ninja especially)

Re: Crafts for Rangers

Alchemy and Woodworking.

WW for arrows, Alchemy for bullets.

Then theres bonecraft and you can make arrowheads...

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

what Toki said. although you won't really need to make bullets (plus they require smithing and goldsmithing subskills) until much later on. Alchemy is more useful for making status bolts such as Holy, Blood, Acid, Sleep, etc.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

My RNG friends brought up Alchemy (they are now 100+3 but thats not the point) so that they could make bullets during their exp sessions because they couldnt afford an ebow ^^

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

My name is Kyluyasha I'm a friend of death sweet sorrow I plan to go after the Rngr quest once I hit lvl 30 how many party members would I need to join me for the quest?

Comment

Originally posted by Death Sweet Sorrow
            My name is Kyluyasha I'm a friend of death sweet sorrow I plan to go after the Rngr quest once I hit lvl 30 how many party members would I need to join me for the quest?
            none, you can do it on your own if you're careful enough.
            Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
            ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

are there any IT's or VT's I should be aware of when I go after my Rngr quest?

Comment

Well there is agro to avoid in the zone, but by Lv.30 you should be able to get past them.

The area where the Old Tiger dies is usually farmed by Lv.42+ people. So most of the tigers will be dead. You don't have to kill anything at all, just watch the tiger die, then check the "???" spot in the back of the cave. When I did the quest, the Old Tiger had already died, so I got there, checked the spot and Warp'd back.

You can ride a Chocobo the whole way there, wait for the tiger to die, get off and check the spot, then Warp back. This will ensure you don't get attacked on your way out of the cave. Easiest of all the Advanced Jobs quest.
                Odude
                PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

sounds like this Rngr quest will be fun and worth it to get the Rngr job I'll be so happy when I get my Rngr job and shooting arrows at all my eneimies heads lol

Comment

rng is a bit different than it used to be. im sure you'll figure out what i mean in due time. have fun with your new job!
                    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

well... i was gonna post a seperate topic but this is leading in the direction i want. how are you rangers performing your jobs now? its not good to be in the front lines hacking away and shootin up close anymore. so how do you play your rng now?

Comment

Like I always had, at range shooting. It's given more purpose to my shadowbind now in a party. Doing Sidewinder -> Shadowbind -> Barrage then prepare for Sidewinder again if it's still got enough HP left to be of use.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

cool... cause before i always just saw rng's in close hacking with daggers and shooting every now and then till they built up tp.

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                            Like I always had, at range shooting. It's given more purpose to my shadowbind now in a party. Doing Sidewinder -> Shadowbind -> Barrage then prepare for Sidewinder again if it's still got enough HP left to be of use.
                            I had one person complain to me once why I wasn't engaging the mob and shooting frmo a distance before the change. And he would not let it go. It kinda irked me as I was only trying to figure things out for myself and see how things worked. I'm suprised you were able to do that and not get reamed about it x_x
                            My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                            Originally posted by Balfree
                            Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Originally posted by nanatsu
                              I had one person complain to me once why I wasn't engaging the mob and shooting frmo a distance before the change. And he would not let it go. It kinda irked me as I was only trying to figure things out for myself and see how things worked. I'm suprised you were able to do that and not get reamed about it x_x
                              I actually did at first after the change. Being RNG/WAR when I got the range and all down right I let go a Sidewinder of 1,500 damage on a mob we were fighting, never heard complaints after that. All I heard was 1 player make the comment "RNG got nerf'd? How did you get excluded."

The change just makes it that full damage potential like it was is only if you are at the right range, it's deceiving too in that there are 2 spots you can stand at that seem to work. 1 of the two actually works just a bit better.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
                              X