PUP/COR and Puppet Roll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUP/COR and Puppet Roll?

I am just wondering if PUP/COR's pet's roll is worthwhile or not.

Puppet Roll - Enhances pet accuracy for party members within area of effect (level 23)
    Beast Roll - Enhances pet attacks for party members within area of effect (level 34)

Currently I am leveling PUP again. As I was trying to equip attachments for exp. party, I found myself that I may run out of attachment slots in the future, if I invest more attachment on this job.

I never played COR, so I am not sure how COR's pet's roll works. I tried to look up from FFXIclopedia but there is no data on Puppet Roll and Beast Roll.

I am hoping that PUP/COR's Puppet Roll replace certain acc+ attachment, such as Stabilizer I/II, Scope, etc.

Since COR is rare, maybe PUP/COR isn't as bad (I am thinking about Healer's Roll, Hunter's Roll and Chaos Roll)
    Server: Quetzalcoatl
    Race: Hume Rank 7
    75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Re: PUP/COR and Puppet Roll?

There's no data on Puppet Roll or Beast Roll because its simply too difficult to test and when it comes to pet melee sice we cant /check the difference. Plus, its often better to consider the melee players as a whole rather than the pets themselves when you buff. From what I've observed with limited use with PUPs, the Accuracy bonus is decent, but I find that regardless of pet or job, Beast Roll is stronger.

Also, in lower-man situations, a job like PUP wants to take hate for its pet and BST wants it the other way around, so Beast Roll tends to be better solo/duo/trio for BST, but Chaos Roll would serve the PUP better.

Also keep in mind that you can only apply one buff from /COR, so the instant you roll something for the melee or mages, you'll lose puppet roll for yourself.

Hunter's Roll and Chaos Roll are OK for PTs at low levels, but the halving of Healer's Roll under sub is pretty severe. I would say /COR was best left for low-man groups and team ups with other pet jobs in duos or trios. Were I teaming up with a PUP duo on COR, I'd likely favor buffs for the PUP since he's tanking than favor the pet, have it draw hate, get crushed and have to wait out the Activate timer.

Comment

The other thing to remember is Phantom Rolls have their effectiveness cut in half when subbing COR.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

ic I guess for general purpose I would stick to PUP/DNC

Comment

Hmm well I guess if you were duoing with other pups or bsts or maybe doing a BCNM those could be very useful for assuring effectiveness, but i hear time and time again that puppets are rather squishy so hitting stronger or more powerful would be bad with out support wouldn't it?

Comment

Let say if there is a tank in the group? Or let say in a TP burn (or melee-driven) party?

Unless the pet's roll from PUP/COR gives a huge boost to the Automation (and put it on top of party hate list), it may not be that problem --- comparing with the hate generates by a tank, or the DD (like MNK, SAM, DRG... etc)

Comment

Working...
            X