Pup Af3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pup Af3

So, I've done all my other AF pieces, and as I approach 60 I feel the need to get my Taj. I've done a fair bit of research on it, but there are a few issues.

1) When it reevaluates for it's form every minute and a half, does it just look at the last minute and a half, or at the battle overall?
    2) Regarding suggested tactics (RDM and a NIN or DD/NIN can duo; a balanced melee/magic party) I'm very surprised that it doesn't mention any levels. Since my little group of people don't have many jobs to choose from as a whole (mostly BST when you start talking about jobs that are 70+), I'd like to know just the minimum I really need. I'm thinking that my puppet as a BLM and a BST or two with jug pets (and also probably a high level SMN) could handle it, but I want to get other's opinions as well.
    3) Related to #2, do you think this would be easy to solo or duo with any jobs other than RDM and NIN?
    Kindadarii (Bahamut)
    90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
    70.3 + 2 Woodworking
    52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Re: Pup Af3

It reevaluates it form from the last 90 seconds.

I did this the other day with PLD74/DRK74/MNK75/BLM66/WHM74 and me(PUP50) because we only really had the BLM for magic it never changed to a different form lol it stayed as the melee, took a good 5 minutes to do and the DRK and MNK got owned by its WSs that started doing just over a 1000 nearer to the end of the fight.

I don't think it would be soloable or duoable by anything other than RDM + NIN mainly because of how fast it can go through your shadows but this is from my experience.

Comment

Do you have to enter as Pup?

Comment

I've only tried going in as PUP so i dont know but i think so yes seeing as you get a big CS when you go in and also once you've killed him

Comment

I just finished this up... we had me (59PUP) 75PLD, 75BRD, 75WHM, 75DRK and 75SMN. This was incredibly easy. Occasionally the DRK would take hate (they knew how to play DRK, and used every spell in their arsenal), but he was the only one I ever saw dip into the yellow. Nutcracker did a superb job as BLM along side the SMN, and...

IT was actually very easy with a bunch of 75s. Looks more like it would be aimed toward a full party of 55-60s, or even soloable by PUP post-60 (I'm thinking 70-75).
          Kindadarii (Bahamut)
          90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
          70.3 + 2 Woodworking
          52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Working...
          X