Anyone know of mid lvl pup guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of mid lvl pup guides?

Heya. I recently stoped lvling pup because well, i'm just no good at it. But I would like to give it another shot. I'v been looking everywhere on differant sites and such for a decent pup solo guide, dose anyone know of one? I found a small youtube video for good spots, but thats for 50+ I'm currently at pup37. Thanks. :3

Re: Anyone know of mid lvl pup guides?

First off, I know the OP is rather old but this is exactly the topic i was looking for.

I am currently a 33 (almost 34) pup. I enjoy playing the job very much and love the versatility of it. I do however have a few questions, especially when it pertains to soloing.

Normally I play as a Pup/Dnc. The general tactic that has seemed to work for me the most is engage the enemy and let it get me down to about 75% life then I toss in the automaton (I cycle between all 3, Ranged => Melee => Red Mage, moving to the next one when the skill is capped on the current one) If all 3 have capped skills I usually go with the Ranger one as it does very nice dmg but less spike then the RDM one. Its a little easier to keep hate with curing waltzs. This seems to work well but its not great by any means. I still die at times and it still takes a while to kill the enemies.

I have thought about /war, but I feel if I went that route I would be stuck using the RDM automaton for cures which means my ranged and melee autos would suffer.

I guess what I'm really looking for is, now that DNC exists, whats the most effective way to solo now a days. Back in the day /war was nice for voke to keep it off the pet. But I've been relatively good at that with /DNC and using cures.. Like I said, the key trick to that is letting your target knocking you to about 75% life before letting the auto pounce it.

Also if anyone knows any good areas for 33-40ish I would love to know, Ive been having problems finding the right place to "perform" at.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyft View Post
      Also if anyone knows any good areas for 33-40ish I would love to know, Ive been having problems finding the right place to "perform" at.
      I know next to nothing about PUP but I don't see why the solo locations would be any different from the ones you'd use as a main DNC. Dancer Solo Location Guide - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki can at least give you some ideas. Or just use the bestiary at Vana'diel Atlas - Final Fantasy XI Maps collection - Treasure, NM, Quests, and Missions locations to find some around your level. I'd generally say go for EM/T (probably low T) until you're capped, then go back down to EP/DC unless you're chaining reliably.

And when you start to get Steps and Flourishes, use them. As WAR/DNC, I found I had an easier time against EM-T using Quickstep than not (as opposed to saving the TP for Waltzes). Animated Flourish will also help with hate, so you'll possibly be able to bring the automaton out earlier and not rely on just Waltz for hate.
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

Allakhazam.com: Final Fantasy XI: Puppetmaster

Campsitarus-- The guide to FFXI xp camps! ^^
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
          I know next to nothing about PUP but I don't see why the solo locations would be any different from the ones you'd use as a main DNC. Dancer Solo Location Guide - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki can at least give you some ideas. Or just use the bestiary at Vana'diel Atlas - Final Fantasy XI Maps collection - Treasure, NM, Quests, and Missions locations to find some around your level. I'd generally say go for EM/T (probably low T) until you're capped, then go back down to EP/DC unless you're chaining reliably.
          Believe it or not I'm actually following the Pup solo guide and the Dnc solo guide with a little bit of the BLM Pet soloing guide. Generally between the 3 I've been able to find a good spot for most of my levels. However, either the mobs are getting noticeably harder or the low 30s are just rough. But I definatly appreciate the advice about the guides

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
          And when you start to get Steps and Flourishes, use them. As WAR/DNC, I found I had an easier time against EM-T using Quickstep than not (as opposed to saving the TP for Waltzes). Animated Flourish will also help with hate, so you'll possibly be able to bring the automaton out earlier and not rely on just Waltz for hate.
          I did Drg/Dnc for a while so I "learned this trick" as well. I am giddy about getting 40 so i can have my -eva step and ghetto voke back. Also as a pup i feel this will be even easier to do then it was as Drg/Dnc due to the fact that my pet can heal me if i run out of TP, Its been nice because it allows me to use my tp a little more freely not having to depend solely on it for heals.

Comment

Working...
          X