i am seeing alot more pups now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am seeing alot more pups now

I quit the game and started over in hades and there are alot of pups. I partied with 2 pups already and i still did not get out of the dunes. Im pretty happy. I cant wait to unlock pup

Re: i am seeing alot more pups now

I'm going to see what it's like to be an ass for a moment.

*Clears Throat*

... Nevermind

Anyways, due to the lack of coming up with something witty to say, I'm going to say good luck. I have yet to figure out how to unlock Pup (due to my sheer lack of interest in the job). I've heard they're fairly good at higher levels with the puppet in Ranger mode, can anyone tell me a little bit more about how these things work?

Comment

Originally posted by Fliegar View Post
      I'm going to see what it's like to be an ass for a moment.
      *Clears Throat*
      ... Nevermind
      Anyways, due to the lack of coming up with something witty to say, I'm going to say good luck. I have yet to figure out how to unlock Pup (due to my sheer lack of interest in the job). I've heard they're fairly good at higher levels with the puppet in Ranger mode, can anyone tell me a little bit more about how these things work?
      http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Puppetmaster
      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

See, that's not being fair Sussurus, I had to think about my post and try to make myself look intelligent, and you post a link and achieve the same thing. I demand you add at least 4 words to your post.

P.S. Thank you.

Comment

Actually, ever since I started this game a year ago, I've only partied with 1 PUP. There was one in my old LS though.

Comment

Puppermasters get a lot stronger with some of the newer and more expensive attachments. They can, in some cases, afford to stand back and let their Puppets do all the work but they do offer a fair amount of blunt damage as well.

It's important to keep the Puppet's skills up to date or you'll be severely gimped.

Comment

I partied with only 1 pup and that was after they had just came out, I dont think they had weaponskills back then but I thought it was still pretty nifty, kept reminding me of kingdom hearts.
              while playing bst recently I've seen them solo'ing in various places, I wasnt paying much attention but with the pup being more versatile than a pet I'm not too sure what it can achieve solo.

but from what i observed and from /check. the pup and pinocchio was more or less my lvl but was in a better condition than I was aftyer battles.

thats my lil 2 cents in there

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

I think I played my PUP to level 10, and then just lost interest. I'd like to get back into it, but I have so much to do at the moment.
                Come to think of it, I have never, not once, been in a party with a PUP.

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
                DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
                BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
                Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

Someone asked whats it like to play PUP, well here's my lowdown as a 35PUP.

I use the mage mostly in parties, and sometimes rangers just to keep the ranged attack skilled up.

Puppets have skills in magic/ranged/melee. They have different skill depending on which frame you choose.

The stormwalker and harlequin are the only two frames with mp, so only they can use magic.

The sharpshot frame is the only one with ranged skill since they are the only one who can use ranged weapon.

Puppets gain TP like a normal character would, and will use WS's.

You buy(or craft or farm) attachments for your puppets that do certain things, and each frame and head piece gives different element values. Each attachment has a certain element attached to it, and a number indicating how many of the element that part requires.

Some example of the attachments are:

Mana tank (adds 4% more MP, and gives refresh when dark manuever used)
                  Mana tank II (adds 8% more MP, and gives refresh when dark manuever used)
                  Tension Spring (Adds attack)
                  Tension Spring II (Adds attack)
                  Shock Absorber (Uses Stoneskin)
                  Ice Maker (Erases a ice manuever to give magic attack bonus)

Ok these are just a sampling of the attachments available. You'll notice that some attachments have effects when a 'manuever' is used.

There is a different manuever for each of the 8 elements. You can have up to 3 manuevers active at once, after a while I believe it's a minute they will wear off, or be over ridden. There's a 10 second recast between them, and if you stack too many of one element you may overload your puppet, and lose all the manuevers and not be able to apply anymore for a bit of time.

With both Mana Tanks equipped and one dark manuever your puppet will refresh at 3mp/tick, with two dark manuevers its 5mp, and with three it's 7mp/tick.

Even if you don't have any attachments that say they give an added effect with a manuever is used, if you use a fire manuever with tension springs attached (Fire is Tension springs element) it would still enhance the tension springs effect.

I am by no means a PUP expert, but it is a passion for me, I just love the job. Please let me know if anything I posted was unclear.
                  Last edited by bar; 05-28-2007, 08:34 AM. Reason: Typo
                  =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Barbar

Jobs: 75brd/37whm/37blm/46pup
                  Crafts: Cooking 60/Bonecrafting 34

"...you spooony Bard!"
                  "The lolPUP just outparsed me...he must be hacking.."

Comment

Working...
                  X