Maneuvers - Am I doing this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maneuvers - Am I doing this right?

Hello! 17 PUP here and I'm just seeking clarification on how to/when to use Manuevers. Any advice/pointers would be extremely appreciated. (Took me to level 9 to figure out why I couldn't get the Maneuvers to work. My Animator was sitting in the Storage Locker. Oui )

Currently, at the start of a fight in xp parties, I put up Earth for Stoneskin, then move to either Dark or Wind depending on frame. Then I put up Fire if Bishop (my puppet) seems to be hitting fine or Thunder if he's missing a lot. I'll then put up Light for Flash, removing Earth. Between fights, I don't do much for the Sharpshot frame, but if on Harelquin I try to keep Dark up for mp refresh.

I guess the main question is should I instead be stacking an element? Currently, the only time I really stack is for Dark or Light (if I have Auto-Regen attached) between fights. Would stacking two Fire's make Bishop hit harder or two Winds improve ranged accuracy more? I haven't really noticied much difference, but maybe I'm to low yet to see it.
    The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
    Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
    a world without hate.
    And I can picture us attacking that world,
    because they'd never expect it."

Re: Maneuvers - Am I doing this right?

most of the Maneuvers u dont hav to worry about activating. fire for instance is mostly for an increase of attack power and if u have put this on ur puppet, it will always have access to it without your input. same for thunder that gives lighting dmg, this ability will be acesses by your puppet alone, u can force activate it if u want, but you dont have to.

the ones you need to activate yourself are, earth, for stoneskin... light, for hp regen and focus on curing.... dark for mp regen.

as far as im aware this has been all that is neccicary, i only worry about activating earth, light and dark. since you can have 3 on at a time its pritty easy.

have fun ^^

(i have been pup since day it came out but i might hav missed somthing, and i dont have all the parts, so if someone knows u have to activate others parts please say.)

Comment

There are certain manuevers that make your puppet activate an ability like stoneskin or convert. The attachments you put in like the tension springa nd stabilizer, scope, etc. all increase the automotons's stat by a certain amount just by being installed. Using a manuever will increase the effect. So 2 thunder manuevers will increase the effect of the stabilizer, but stacking too many of the same element will make your pet prone to overload. Just don't try to stack 3 fire or 3 of the same element and you'll be fine.

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/pup...ter-101-a.html

That should clear all questions you have up

Comment

Working...
        X