Seeking Advice for 1st Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice for 1st Upgrade

I'm about to get my first chance to get a new frame for Bishop and I can't decide which one I want. So here I am, seeking advice from experienced PUPs, on which one I should get first.

I enjoy soloing so I was thinking to get the Valor frame, however, I do want to get into parties also so Sharpshot or Stormwalker might be best. Then, again, I enjoy taking my npc buddy out for a stroll while soloing and can switch him between the advanced fighter, tank or healer styles so any of the puppet frames would work in my solo runs.

Is there a frame that gives a happy medium between both soloing and parties?

(I guess it can't really be called soloing when I have both my npc and puppet with. A new twist to starting your own party. Just need another PUP with the same set up and we'll have a full party! Probably would even be better than 3/4ths of the parties in the Dunes. )
    The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
    Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
    a world without hate.
    And I can picture us attacking that world,
    because they'd never expect it."

Re: Seeking Advice for 1st Upgrade

Mage puppet would be perfect for you. It lets you tank/and the automation tank the same time. seeing it has cure when ever anyone is low hp it will cure you. when soloing you can equip the attachment that makes your mage concentrate on healing as its main goal.

mage would be best for you ^_^ i went valoredge first because you dont get many spells at all at level 10. level 20 is when your mage puppet is actually a "mage"

Comment

I'd say go with the mage puppet ^^

Comment

mage was my first and boy does it kick but, enfeebler and nuker plus has regen in mana.
        and now the items are alot cheaper for mage frame so thats realy good.

i must say mage frame should impress u and people u pt with.

second choice would be ranger frame, i havent got as its now the most expencive frame for items... when it was the cheapest at begining >< but iv heard and seen that frame does some realy nice damage with its crossbow. (would be a great sub pup frame too)

have a fun time ^^

Comment

Well let me paint a picture for you adding onto my other response. I have the Mage and Range frame, and I'd say if you even plan on getting the Range frame at all I'd say go with Range at level 10. Here's the reason why: I went with mage puppet frame at 10 and it really did kick butt, he knows enfeebles, nuking, and everything it was so cool. When I got the range from at 20 I noticed something: Neithr the Harlequin, Valoredge nor the Stormwaker frames could use ranged attacks, so when I got the range frame it's ranged skill was 0/60. When I used him in parties he basically missed everytime, thus the skill didn't raise at all. The only way I got it up a little was switching to bard and subing pup to solo for the first few levels and using the range frame. That was like a month ago and still today my range skill is lower than 20.

After saying this, I would say definatly DO NOT get the range frame at 30. You'd need a lot of catching up to do, and lord knows how many times it would miss. I think even at level 10, u'd need to catch up like 20 ranged skill levels (estimate), but thats not as bad as 60.

All frames can melee, so there is really no urgency to get the melee frame, that's why I'm waiting til 30 to get that. Since the Harlequin frame can cast spells, you can switch between frames at each level to cap the skill if you wanted and then at 20 you could get the mage frame and cap the magic skill easily, and keep switching back and fourth frome the range frame to the mage frame at each level to cap range/magic.

Of course if you don't want to get the Range frame at all, go with Mage frame, but these are just my 2 cents.

Comment

I agree with getting RNG ASAP. I got mine at 20, and spent all of 24-27 soloing EP/DCs in Valkrum to level the 74 ranged levels it need to be capped skill.

Comment

or u could do some farming with the new ranged frame to get its skill up.
              many options present itself. but it makes scence that sooner u get ranged u dont hav to worry about it. still u dont see as many mage frames running around in dunes but they realy do kick but.

Comment

You can sub PUP with a higher lvl job to easily lvl it's skills.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                X